• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Take your pick: Duncan or Kobe

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't know basketball montsho11...For the past 12-14 years Kobe is almost always #1 or #2 in the league in assists for shooting guards.

Learn the game, montsho11. Then maybe you can engage in a decent debate, instead of just childish insults.

Peace!!!

:laugh3::laugh3:

How did I know you would disappear when you had to face reality only to reappear at the end of the conversation? Because you are the worlds best troll! :lol:

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question.

Who was the best player of their era?

Tim Duncan or Kobe Bryant?

I'm going with Timmy D

Duncan is probably the most consistent player I've ever seen. Over his career he was going out every night and getting you your 25-30 points, your 10 or so rebounds and even some assists and blocks but sometimes you just need your guy to take the team on his back and I don't see Duncan really up his games at those times. He's pretty much going to give you what he gives you and if you need more it pretty much has to come from someone else. I really don't see Duncan as a leader. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see HIM leading like the other greats do. That's why FOR ME it's hard to put Duncan above Kevin Garnett and I struggle with him and Jason Kidd also. I have no problem at all between him and Kobe, it's Kobe easy for me. I don't care that he had Shaq because he, in my opinion, is the most over rated player ever. Had he been a center in the days of great centers he would have gotten abused. Kobe is a great scorer, inside and outside. A great defender that can lock down your guy at the 1, 2, or 3 spot. I'm not one of these people who look at championships to measure greatness, and the only players I've ever seen with an equal or better skillset than Kobe Bryant is Michael Jordan and LeBron James.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't deny that Kobe's still the best SG in the game after 17 years in the league. D Wade had to elbow him in an exhibition game because he was getting lit up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe vs Duncan

It is actually pretty even, despite the scoring by Kobe.

But then we go back to the Shaq factor. When LA won the title in 99-00 Shaq avg 38 pts/gane and 17 rbds/game while Kobe avg 15 pts on 37 pct shooting.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget how truly dominant Shaq was because of the years he spent being a nomad. Sorry it wasn't a 1a and 1b, Shaq was the best player on the Lakers team for those 3 titles. He had some of the best post season runs of all time when he was with the Lakers.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe vs Duncan

It is actually pretty even, despite the scoring by Kobe.

But then we go back to the Shaq factor. When LA won the title in 99-00 Shaq avg 38 pts/gane and 17 rbds/game while Kobe avg 15 pts on 37 pct shooting.

That same year in the finals when Jalen Rose took him out of game 3, in game 4 he came back and scored 22 in the second half and hit the game winning shot in OT after ONeal had fouled out. That year he was the youngest player ever to receive all defensive team honors (2nd). Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals that year he scored 25 points 11 rebounds 7 assists 4 blocks and the alley oop to Shaq.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2000-2001 Kobe averaged 29/7/6 in the playoffs and the Lakers went 15-1. During those playoffs ONeal said "Kobe is the best player in the league".

Last edited by a moderator:

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how come no one every talks about Prince?

tumblr_lmtocfdYuW1qaf6oqo1_500.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you purify yourself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka?

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People forget how truly dominant Shaq was because of the years he spent being a nomad. Sorry it wasn't a 1a and 1b, Shaq was the best player on the Lakers team for those 3 titles. He had some of the best post season runs of all time when he was with the Lakers.

Wrong. The stats say otherwise. The stats will show even during the 3 title run, Kobe was often the leading scorer during the Western conference playoffs which everyone knows was the REAL finals...

Like the time Kobe avg'd 34 pts against the spurs in 2001 sweep, and then 35 pts against Sacrament...

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duncan is probably the most consistent player I've ever seen. Over his career he was going out every night and getting you your 25-30 points, your 10 or so rebounds and even some assists and blocks but sometimes you just need your guy to take the team on his back and I don't see Duncan really up his games at those times. He's pretty much going to give you what he gives you and if you need more it pretty much has to come from someone else. I really don't see Duncan as a leader. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see HIM leading like the other greats do. That's why FOR ME it's hard to put Duncan above Kevin Garnett and I struggle with him and Jason Kidd also. I have no problem at all between him and Kobe, it's Kobe easy for me. I don't care that he had Shaq because he, in my opinion, is the most over rated player ever. Had he been a center in the days of great centers he would have gotten abused. Kobe is a great scorer, inside and outside. A great defender that can lock down your guy at the 1, 2, or 3 spot. I'm not one of these people who look at championships to measure greatness, and the only players I've ever seen with an equal or better skillset than Kobe Bryant is Michael Jordan and LeBron James.

If what you were saying was true, then it would be a real debate. However Duncan does NOT give you 25-30 points and 10 rebs a night. ...Duncan is a 20 pt scorer, and 11 reb guy...That just doesn't compete with Kobe. Sorry.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That same year in the finals when Jalen Rose took him out of game 3, in game 4 he came back and scored 22 in the second half and hit the game winning shot in OT after ONeal had fouled out. That year he was the youngest player ever to receive all defensive team honors (2nd). Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals that year he scored 25 points 11 rebounds 7 assists 4 blocks and the alley oop to Shaq.

I would still take all the playoffs contribution to only 2 games

And you are missing the point. Shaq was the guy during that year.
So basically Duncan was arguably the man for all his 4 titles and Kobe was for 2 we know, 1 Shaq was, and the other 2 are toss up's--debatable.

Duncan and Kobe are both great players and it is hard to say which is better when they contribute in different ways and styles to their team while winning championships.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2000-2001 Kobe averaged 29/7/6 in the playoffs and the Lakers went 15-1. During those playoffs ONeal said "Kobe is the best player in the league".

Exactly. And that's when Kobe was 22 years old. Lebron right now is 25/8/6.....And everyone is acting like Lebron is the best thing ever. LOL...Gimme a break...

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we hear about is how players perform in the Finals. They are judged more by what they did in the Finals than what they did leading up to them. That's why we always hear "MJ undefeated in the Finals, Hakeem had little help in the Finals, Magic played spectacular in that Finals game when Kareem was out" etc...etc...

In the 5 Finals series that Kobe has played in an won....he's been bad in more of them than he's been great. He may put up a lot of points but most of the time he wasn't very efficient when doing so. Averaging 32 points on 27FGA in a Finals series isn't that impressive to me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And that's when Kobe was 22 years old. Lebron right now is 25/8/6.....And everyone is acting like Lebron is the best thing ever. LOL...Gimme a break...

He had Shaq, who was getting double and triple teamed. Not trying to say he didn't do his part, but they would much rather cover a dominant big man than a 22 yr old that hadn't proved himself quite yet.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. The stats say otherwise. The stats will show even during the 3 title run, Kobe was often the leading scorer during the Western conference playoffs which everyone knows was the REAL finals...

Like the time Kobe avg'd 34 pts against the spurs in 2001 sweep, and then 35 pts against Sacrament...
See...like clockwork. Kobe homers always go to what was done BEFORE the Finals because that's when he played very well at times.

Yet those same homers always critisize others for what they don't do in the Finals and negate what those players did prior to the Finals.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sman...When LBJ was 22 yrs old 08-09 playoffs he avg'd 35/9/7 on 51 pct shooting....Gimme a break

:pound:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still take all the playoffs contribution to only 2 games

And you are missing the point. Shaq was the guy during that year.
So basically Duncan was arguably the man for all his 4 titles and Kobe was for 2 we know, 1 Shaq was, and the other 2 are toss up's--debatable.

Duncan and Kobe are both great players and it is hard to say which is better when they contribute in different ways and styles to their team while winning championships.

Those 2 games were quite pivotal. Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals and Game 4 put us up 3-1 with 2 home games and 1 road game remaining. If that isn't a direct contribution to a title, I don't know what is.