• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Take your pick: Duncan or Kobe

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went to the Finals before he ever became a Laker and also won a ring when he went to Miami. I wouldnt exactly call that not winning anything. However, the discussion is not really about Shaq and Kobe its Duncan and Kobe. Who has consistently been the better leader and go to guy?

He said he didn't win an NBA title without Wade or Kobe. Not true?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we are on the subject of the Lakers.

When I was younger I LOVED watchn the Lake crew w/ Shaq and Kobe. They were exciting to watch. It is rare that pple say a big man that mostly dunks is exciting to watch, but you didn't know if Shaq was gonna dunk on someone, make a great pass, or block the shot outta someone.

He was the main reason I loved watchn though and the young Kobe with the fro was pretty flashy too!

You must be a young man. I grew up watching Bird, McHale, Parrish and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I remember going to the Hawks games and watching Walt Bellamy play. Fans would all ring a stinking bell every time he scored. Those were good times for a kid to watch NBA BB.

The first game I ever went to was Abdul-Jabbar vs. Bellamy. It was a heckuva game with the Bucks pulling it out 104-102.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went to the Finals before he ever became a Laker and also won a ring when he went to Miami. I wouldnt exactly call that not winning anything. However, the discussion is not really about Shaq and Kobe its Duncan and Kobe. Who has consistently been the better leader and go to guy?

My post still stands, they were facts. The point is that you can discredit any player's championships because it takes a championship team in order to win a championship. Maybe Kobe wasn't the greatest leader but that doesn't mean you can't be the go to guy. Shaq said after the series against Utah where Kobe airballed a bunch of opportunities that "kobe was the only guy on the team with the guts to take those shots at that time".

Bottom line, Kobe has 5 rings and 7 championship runs.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not give me more ammo! You know why he lead the team in non triangle years.

:lol: High usage rate. We all know Kobe is a shoot first player. However, the notion that he doesn't pass is a myth. He's a very good passer, just not always the most willing in many situations.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: High usage rate. We all know Kobe is a shoot first player. However, the notion that he doesn't pass is a myth. He's a very good passer, just not always the most willing in many situations.

:lol:

I know he can pass but for a long time I seriously doubted he would. I guess I just realized why people swear up and down he was the #1 option. Those tinted glasses go both ways. :laugh3:

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post still stands, they were facts. The point is that you can discredit any player's championships because it takes a championship team in order to win a championship. Maybe Kobe wasn't the greatest leader but that doesn't mean you can't be the go to guy. Shaq said after the series against Utah where Kobe airballed a bunch of opportunities that "kobe was the only guy on the team with the guts to take those shots at that time".

Bottom line, Kobe has 5 rings and 7 championship runs.
Glad to see you stick by your opinions.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: this

Nobody wins a title by himself (except MJ).
There was this guy named Scottie Pippen. He changed the standard for small forwards. He is a HOFer and on of the 50 greatest players to play the game. He may just disagree with you.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people that mattered voted Shaq the MVP.

Oh but when the people that "matter" vote Tony Parker mvp, there's an excuse right behind it as to why we're not making the Finals MVP the only thing that matters in the discussion, incredible. Look, Shaq was not doubled and tripled the whole game, I watched these games. Pretty much no big man was dominant by THEMSELVES. Shaq had horry,fisher,fox, etc. there to stop teams from doubling him. He also had the best perimeter player of that time to ease those doubles. Kobe benefited from how dominant Shaq was, and Shaq benefited as well. Don't act like it was Shaq doing everything. In fact, like I always say, it was 1A and 1B. They both took turns dominating series. There were times against the SPURS,Kings, and Blazers when Kobe was the LEAD dog. There were MANY times when Shaq was the lead dog. This is no MJ/Scottie, where Shaq was the lead dog every series, every game

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Duncan/Kobe, I really don't blame anyone for taking either side.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh but when the people that "matter" vote Tony Parker mvp, there's an excuse right behind it as to why we're not making the Finals MVP the only thing that matters in the discussion, incredible. Look, Shaq was not doubled and tripled the whole game, I watched these games. Pretty much no big man was dominant by THEMSELVES. Shaq had horry,fisher,fox, etc. there to stop teams from doubling him. He also had the best perimeter player of that time to ease those doubles. Kobe benefited from how dominant Shaq was, and Shaq benefited as well. Don't act like it was Shaq doing everything. In fact, like I always say, it was 1A and 1B. They both took turns dominating series. There were times against the SPURS,Kings, and Blazers when Kobe was the LEAD dog. There were MANY times when Shaq was the lead dog. This is no MJ/Scottie, where Shaq was the lead dog every series, every game

Did you even read my post? I know sometimes I answer too quickly in the heat of the moment without reading the complete post.

We arent talking about MVPs we were talking about main options. However, if you want to go there how many did Kobe win while Shaq was on the team? Oh thats right. He didnt win even 1.

Sman diverted as usual and I was addressing his point.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

I know he can pass but for a long time I seriously doubted he would. I guess I just realized why people swear up and down he was the #1 option. Those tinted glasses go both ways. :laugh3:

You just don't know basketball montsho11...For the past 12-14 years Kobe is almost always #1 or #2 in the league in assists for shooting guards.

Learn the game, montsho11. Then maybe you can engage in a decent debate, instead of just childish insults.

Peace!!!

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even read my post? I know sometimes I answer too quickly in the heat of the moment without reading the complete post.

Fair enough, I just did the same. As for the main option I thought it was 1A and 1B, that's just where I stand on that one.....and ftr, I thought Shaq deserved all 3 of those MVP's. My only disagreement was that it was moreso 1A/1B, than MJ/Scottie throughout the course of the playoffs those years.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't know basketball montsho11...For the past 12-14 years Kobe is almost always #1 or #2 in the league in assists for shooting guards.

Learn the game, montsho11. Then maybe you can engage in a decent debate, instead of just childish insults.

Peace!!!

This is surprisingly accurate for you, yet really exaggerated.

Only once was he #1 for SGs and only once #2. This year and last year respectively. Every other year he was 3 through 7 but 2 of his 3s did come from 09 and 10, so recent.

This is pots calling kettles darkly colored.