• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Taggart to FSU

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Florida this year....even with their HC getting fired and their program being a complete dumpster fire....current has the #12 class with only 14 recruits.

But yeah, he's not going to be able to recruit well @ Florida.

:lol:

FSU: #31 with 11 recruits.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, well enjoy your 4 stars and losing to the good teams every year if we can't expect either to improve in recruiting.

In this years class: Oregon has 24 players and is ranked 7th. Miss St has 25 and is ranked 11th.

Neither is going to finish in the top15. Oregon will finish the season around #18 and Miss St around #22.

Shit happens. Both lost QBs, hell we were top 5 last 5 years.. Bottom line, you're not going to win your P5 conference with no 5 stars recruits. Ain't happnin

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and Florida this year....even with their HC getting fired and their program being a complete dumpster fire....current has the #12 class with only 14 recruits.

But yeah, he's not going to be able to recruit well @ Florida.

:lol:

FSU: #31 with 11 recruits.

Rivals has them at #24

Rivals.com

#12 overall ain't gonna get it done either.

I love the dick riding on Mullen though. Funny shit

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit happens. Both lost QBs, hell we were top 5 last 5 years.. Bottom line, you're not going to win your P5 conference with no 5 stars recruits. Ain't happnin

I just don't see why you are assuming he would recruit at the same level as he did at Miss St. Seems downright retarded to me if I'm being honest.

I certainly expect Taggart to recruit better at FSU than he did at Oregon.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was supposed to go on to TX then FL after AZ is what I read/heard.
I had read he flew back to Oregon last night with that boosters plane. I have not heard of him going anywhere since.

One recruit in texas said he had rescheduled for today, however I saw reports that said he cancelled one and gave no immediate time frame for a follow up.

I would say there has been a lot of uncertainty for all parties and who knows if the final decision has even been made or what their timeline is. It is the fans and media driving the narrative that it needs to end today. He will make his decision when he makes it. We all expect it soon, but who knows.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals has them at #24

Rivals.com

#12 overall ain't gonna get it done either.

I love the dick riding on Mullen though. Funny shit

24/7 composite are the real rankings.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read he flew back to Oregon last night with that boosters plane. I have not heard of him going anywhere since.

One recruit in texas said he had rescheduled for today, however I saw reports that said he cancelled one and gave no immediate time frame for a follow up.

I would say there has been a lot of uncertainty for all parties and who knows if the final decision has even been made or what their timeline is. It is the fans and media driving the narrative that it needs to end today. He will make his decision when he makes it. We all expect it soon, but who knows.

That's what I'm saying.. Plan was AZ-TX-FL recruiting trip. He went to AZ and then went back to Oregon.

I've heard announcing it today. Presser tomorrow. But who knows.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see why you are assuming he would recruit at the same level as he did at Miss St. Seems downright retarded to me if I'm being honest.

I certainly expect Taggart to recruit better at FSU than he did at Oregon.
Ducks were top 5 before all of this happened. If he can go higher than that at FSU then look out. I think that's the point. He got a ton of very highly sought after kids to commit from the state of Florida to freaking Oregon. His connections in that state run deep.

Sure Mullens would have higher classes. That goes without saying. but how high? Taggart has already shown he can recruit with the best of the college football world.

One has a more established coaching record, one has a much more impressive recruiting record so far.

I'll remind you that Saban himself said he's not a good coach, but no one will out recruit him. That's what he said when he took the bama job and he has echoed that several times over the years. He doesn't sell his coaching. He holds his staff to the highest of standards and together they hold their team to those high standards and he recruits like no one.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the moment it was 100% clear that Jimbo was gone, his has been the name at the top of the list from my understanding...

Other mentions were Sumlin (Really that would be in bad form, don't you think? A&M steals our coach and we hir the one they didn't want?), and Charlie Strong (A good guy who runs a clean program but doesn't win like he needs to)...

And also heard some fringe calls for James Franklin (Not sure he'd leave Penn State) and Lane Kiffin which is a big HELL NO in my book.

Also, I saw it stated where our AD wanted a black head coach. That kinda didn't sit well with me, as it kind of limits the field dramatically right out of the gate... I have ZERO problem having a black head coach, but don't like it being used as criteria for the hire is all...

Anyway, boil it all down and yeah, pretty sure Taggart was our first choice.
LOL this hiring makes sense now. The AD wanted to impress the progressives and hire their first black coach. No wonder he is the only name we ever heard mentioned.

Wonder if David Shaw was contacted at all

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks were top 5 before all of this happened. If he can go higher than that at FSU then look out. I think that's the point. He got a ton of very highly sought after kids to commit from the state of Florida to freaking Oregon. His connections in that state run deep.

Sure Mullens would have higher classes. That goes without saying. but how high? Taggart has already shown he can recruit with the best of the college football world.

One has a more established coaching record, one has a much more impressive recruiting record so far.

I'll remind you that Saban himself said he's not a good coach, but no one will out recruit him. That's what he said when he took the bama job and he has echoed that several times over the years. He doesn't sell his coaching. He holds his staff to the highest of standards and together they hold their team to those high standards and he recruits like no one.

Top 5 because they had 25 recruits already. If you want to see where teams are likely going to finish, look at their average.

Oregon has about the #18 class right now in reality. Just like Miss St doesn't really have the #11 class right now, they are closer to #22-25.

And yes I know recruiting is important, but Saban isn't going to pull in 5 stars to Starkville Miss.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if David Shaw was contacted at all

They all hung up the phone when they saw him go for a TD instead of a FG to tie the game during the Pac12 championship.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree. That being said I do think ratings help, but I am willing to bet you will see Fuente recruit 3-4 star players and after it is said and done, win the ACCG and be in playoff contention a few times. Don't agree perhaps? May want to check with your AD about Fuente and what he thinks Coach Fu can do...

Also Bama fans feel free to check me, but I am pretty sure Saban won the BCS (circa 2009ish) with a former coach's roster with mediocre to decent talent at the time...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taggart is the hire for FSU. No one else.

We don't want a guy like Mullen that gets a bunch of 3 stars and gets into the top 25. :wank:
What makes you think he won't get 4 and 5 stars at UF? It can't be that hard, especially for a guy who recruited and coached the 06 and 08 teams.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 because they had 25 recruits already. If you want to see where teams are likely going to finish, look at their average.

Oregon has about the #18 class right now in reality. Just like Miss St doesn't really have the #11 class right now, they are closer to #22-25.

And yes I know recruiting is important, but Saban isn't going to pull in 5 stars to Starkville Miss.
I bet he'd do better than Mullen did.

I've said both have some unknowns in terms of their ceiling. I'd give maybe a 60% nod to Taggart with his recruiting potential around that state. Maybe you could argue if he was going to say Ohio State or another top tier team nowhere near that state maybe you have concerns for his long term recruiting there.

But it's in his backyard. He has strong deep ties to very high level high school programs and has relationships with many Florida youth players. It is a safer bet to give him the nod on being able to land those bigger names from that region IMO.

Neither is a slam dunk and neither is without questions or some risk. Few programs find HC's that don't come with unknowns or risks. It's the nature of the beast anymore.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree. That being said I do think ratings help, but I am willing to bet you will see Fuente recruit 3-4 star players and after it is said and done, win the ACCG and be in playoff contention a few times. Don't agree perhaps? May want to check with your AD about Fuente and what he thinks Coach Fu can do...

Also Bama fans feel free to check me, but I am pretty sure Saban won the BCS (circa 2009ish) with a former coach's roster with mediocre to decent talent at the time...

ACCG Advancing Georgia's Counties

You win that ACCG!

Now the Coastal division is easier, but you still got to get by Miami.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think he won't get 4 and 5 stars at UF? It can't be that hard, especially for a guy who recruited and coached the 06 and 08 teams.

There's only 25 or so 5 star players every year. He'll get some 4 stars - there are some already headed to Gainesville. But he's not the recruiter Taggert is. Jimbo is/was in FL. Richt at Miami, Dabo, Meyer, Kirby, Saban..

They all recruit Florida. Hell Miami is ranked #2 right now

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only 25 or so 5 star players every year. He'll get some 4 stars - there are some already headed to Gainesville. But he's not the recruiter Taggert is. Jimbo is/was in FL. Richt at Miami, Dabo, Meyer, Kirby, Saban..

They all recruit Florida. Hell Miami is ranked #2 right now
His staff hires will be very important then. He should retain anyone who is pulling in big names. He can get out-recruit Taggart if he builds a better staff, or at least keep up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he'd do better than Mullen did.

I've said both have some unknowns in terms of their ceiling. I'd give maybe a 60% nod to Taggart with his recruiting potential around that state. Maybe you could argue if he was going to say Ohio State or another top tier team nowhere near that state maybe you have concerns for his long term recruiting there.

But it's in his backyard. He has strong deep ties to very high level high school programs and has relationships with many Florida youth players. It is a safer bet to give him the nod on being able to land those bigger names from that region IMO.

Neither is a slam dunk and neither is without questions or some risk. Few programs find HC's that don't come with unknowns or risks. It's the nature of the beast anymore.

Saban would do better than Mullen recruiting there because he has the name etc. But would the Saban who just left Michigan St 20 years ago?

And Saban is being somewhat modest in that quote you have earlier. It's true he knows recruiting is extremely important, and we often times seem to sacrifice coaching for better recruiters. But what makes Saban so successful is his drive. It shows up in recruiting and it shows up every where else.

I thought Muschamp was a stupid hire - 0 experience as a HC and said so, and I thought McElwain was also a stupid hire and about the furthest thing from an offensive genius that you could find. I don't even know why Alabama fans like him, I thought he was a terrible OC and even Nuss was better.

Mullen is a great hire and is being severely disrespected here.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Saban's first year. Got it from my friend google

On January 3, 2007, following a meeting with Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga, Saban announced that he had accepted an offer to become Alabama's 27th head coach. On January 4, 2007, at a press conference on the Alabama campus, Saban was officially introduced as the head football coach of The University of Alabama. On September 1, 2007, his Crimson Tide opened the season with a 52–6 win over the Western Carolina Catamounts, scoring more points than during any game in the 2006 season. Saban became the fifth Alabama coach since 1900 to start his first season 3–0, earning a win over then-ranked No. 16 Arkansas Razorbacks. Alabama ended the regular season with a 6–6 record, including a four-game losing streak, a particularly humiliating loss at home to Louisiana-Monroe, and a sixth straight loss to Auburn in the Iron Bowl. The Crimson Tide defeated Colorado in the 2007 Independence Bowl, 30–24, to end the year 7–6.

Next year. 12-0 Natty

2006 BAMA class had 2 - 5 stars and 10 - 4 stars