• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Super Bowl XLIX Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks will simply use a zone defense to cover Gronk. LB low with help over the top in the zone. As for the Seahawks WRs being covered one on one...true, but only for so long, that is where Wilson running around becomes important. Also every team the Seahawks plays loads the box to stop the running game, so far that hasn't worked out well by the end of game.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow.:suds:

If Kearse and Baldwin are tied up they still have to defend whichever TE is out there and Lynch on the passing routes. RW has improved on his use of both of those. He will take what he is given and make something out of it. They can't stuff the box, contain RW, lock down both outside WR's, the slot, TE, and Lynch on the passing all at the same time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks will simply use a zone defense to cover Gronk. LB low with help over the top in the zone. As for the Seahawks WRs being covered one on one...true, but only for so long, that is where Wilson running around becomes important. Also every team the Seahawks plays loads the box to stop the running game, so far that hasn't worked out well by the end of game.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow.:suds:

Brady will dink and dunk all over that zone. Set up by play action and some timely runs. Agreed that many have tried to load the box against ML. But those teams didn`t have the DBs the Pats have. Containing RW is critical. Naturally they will spy him. I think the other difference you will see is the Pats are the most disciplined defense you have come up against. Like Seattle they don`t blitz often. Also their DLs are run stoppers not guys who get after the QB. They will stay in thier assigned gaps and make RW beat them from the pocket is my prediction.
Regardless good luck and here is to what has the potential of being an epic game:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kearse and Baldwin are tied up they still have to defend whichever TE is out there and Lynch on the passing routes. RW has improved on his use of both of those. He will take what he is given and make something out of it. They can't stuff the box, contain RW, lock down both outside WR's, the slot, TE, and Lynch on the passing all at the same time.

I think the same can be said for defending the Pats? Except I will take Gronk over Luke Wilson any day. LW is the key to a Hawk win in my opinion. However you never know if he's brining his hands to the game or not. Vereen better out of the backfield than ML.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to predict that the Seahawks use some double moves against Browner. Browner love to come up for a big hit, a double move to take advantage of this seems like a no brainier to me. After all they know him well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to predict that the Seahawks use some double moves against Browner. Browner love to come up for a big hit, a double move to take advantage of this seems like a no brainier to me. After all they know him well.

Remember how much we all complained about Browner against faster/smaller receivers? He was always a one trick pony. He's very good at playing physical corner against the larger big possession type receivers. Seattle doesn't have any of those.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember how much we all complained about Browner against faster/smaller receivers? He was always a one trick pony. He's very good at playing physical corner against the larger big possession type receivers. Seattle doesn't have any of those.

Yes I do and you can bet the Seahawks have some "special" plays in mind just for him. In fact I think they go at Browner all game long when they need some yardage.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the same can be said for defending the Pats? Except I will take Gronk over Luke Wilson any day. LW is the key to a Hawk win in my opinion. However you never know if he's brining his hands to the game or not. Vereen better out of the backfield than ML.

Sorry, heard it all last year before that SB and that was against a FAR better offense. Fans of every team always think they know why their team IS going to win. As I've said, it's really going to come down to who executes better and who takes better advantage of the opportunities they have in the game. Both teams have proven they could rise up to those chances this year. There is nothing any analyst can site as a slam dunk indicator for a game that often comes down to emotions, funny bounces, and crazy plays.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do and you can bet the Seahawks have some "special" plays in mind just for him. In fact I think they go at Browner all game long when they need some yardage.

He's terrible on pick plays. Throw some crossing routes toward him with Lockett and watch him trip over his own feet.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patriots entire schedule was pretty cupcake, best team they played was a loss (packers). ravens and colts dont even sniff the playoffs if they were in the NFC.[/QUOTE

Mr Snuggles has been in the drier too long. AFC beat the NFC head to head this year and only a couple of decent teams in NFC . Pats didnt have any problems with NFC teams like Detroit and lost to a real good GB on the road. If I recall Indy beat your Hawks last year , and nobody gave Ravens a chance in SB vs SF the NFC 's best vs a WC team. Buffalo looked good vs NFC also

Pats 30-7 Minn
Pats 51-23 Chi
Pats 34-9 Det
Gb 26-21 NE

So Pats outscored that tough NFC only 141-60 Wow your right

Last edited by a moderator:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thurmond and Maxwell are both better CBs IMO. Seahawks used his ( Browner) strengths and tried to minimize his weaknesses. Knowing his weaknesses, surely they target him. The SuperBowl could end up being a nightmare for Browner.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may hope for a good game but instead you got the Patriots. Unless Hoodie can dig up a half dozen rules he can bend this won't be much of a game. Patriots aren't as good a team as Denver was last year and we all know how that turned out. Seahawks out class Patriots at every position except WR.

Pats best team in NFL along with Seattle so should be good game. Wow this guy nothing about football

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats 30-7 Minn
Pats 51-23 Chi
Pats 34-9 Det
Gb 26-21 NE

So Pats outscored that tough NFC only 141-60 Wow your right

Lol. Counting Minn and Chi as examples of the 'tough' NFC' is kind of funny.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those are the 4 NFC teams that Pats played so not cherry picking teams. The guy says that Pats are in a weak AFC Conference. Detroit's D was ranked no#1 then I believe and Pats had no prob on road. People shouldnt make blanket statements. Now if he said the NFCW was the toughest, nobody is going to argue. When you have a below .500 team making playoffs, hmm?

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, since conference play is divisional, which NFC division do the Pats NOT go 3-1? Right, none.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, since conference play is divisional, which NFC division do the Pats NOT go 3-1? Right, none.

Minn did beat St Louis 34-6 and Carolina 31-13 so they cant be the laughing stock of NFC

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my point

Pats go 3-1 VS NFC and Seattle goes 2-2 vs AFC

Chiefs and Chargers were playoff contenders, can't say the same with Vikings and Bears. Apples and oranges. If I remember right the Chiefs also beat the Pats.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs and Chargers were playoff contenders, can't say the same with Vikings and Bears. Apples and oranges. If I remember right the Chiefs also beat the Pats.

They smoked the Pats yes, just saying that the AFC is weak, is a dumb statement by Snuggles.

And since 2000 season AFC is 8-6 in SB's so not like pre-salary cap 70's 80's when a Conf can run the decade

Last edited by a moderator: