• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 New England Patriots Schedule

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Brady more credit to will himself through any conditions for a single game. Also, give him more credit for preparing his team for the conditions and about keeping mentally focused for the 60 minutes.
I agree.

Problem since 2004 is that those rings weigh so much that teams just can't win after wearing them for a year. Too heavy..................mentally.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One final note. The Bucs played every lowest finishing team in 2020 because they finished 2019 at the bottom of the league. First time in a long time, they have to play the creme de la creme every week in 2021.
Ken, That is not the way the schedule is selected.
1st, they will play 6 games against their division including, NO w/o Brees, At;lanta w/o hope, Panthere with last-place Jets QB
2nd, they will play 4 games against the NFCE, worst division in football
3rd they will play 4 games against the AFCE, you decide what this means
4th they will play 3 games against 2nd place teams. These are only 3 games scheduled because of the good season they had.

Please also note: the other NFCS teams get the same schedule except NO will play 31st place teams.
TB has the 29th hardest schedule: T29) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken, That is not the way the schedule is selected.
I know how the schedule is set up. The scheduled teams are the ones that you play gainst who were roughly in the same finishing position as you.. They had one tough game in their own division against he Saints.

They played against the AFC West (Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders)and the NFC North (Packers, Bears, Lions, Vikings). The outside games were against the Giants and Rams.

2 Losses against the Saints, and one each against the Bears, Rams and Chiefs.

And you're right, their 2021 schedule looks even easier than 2020. I do think the Pats, Bills and Fins will give them hard games. Never know about the Jets.

We get to see everyone's 2021 schedule tonight.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never know about the Jets.
It's been 10 years since the Jets have had any relevance at all... Sure, they had an impactful draft... but they are starting from 31 out of 32 teams... Recent history (last year) plus relevant history (last 10 years) says anything above fair would be a surprise.

Should we give still be giving them credit for winning a championship in 1969?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how the schedule is set up. The scheduled teams are the ones that you play gainst who were roughly in the same finishing position as you.. They had one tough game in their own division against he Saints.

They played against the AFC West (Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders)and the NFC North (Packers, Bears, Lions, Vikings). The outside games were against the Giants and Rams.

2 Losses against the Saints, and one each against the Bears, Rams and Chiefs.

And you're right, their 2021 schedule looks even easier than 2020. I do think the Pats, Bills and Fins will give them hard games. Never know about the Jets.

We get to see everyone's 2021 schedule tonight.
That is not correct Ken. The schedule is a rotating formula and only 3 games are scheduled according to "the same finishing position."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • There’s a new wrinkle with the addition of a 17th game for each team, but otherwise the NFL is sticking to the scheduling planit has used for a while now:
    • Each team plays its three division opponents twice, home and away (six games). (6 games)
    • Each team plays all four teams from an in-conference division, based on a three-year rotation (four games). This year, it’s North vs. West and East vs. South in both conferences.(4 games)
    • Each team plays all four teams from a nonconference division, based on a four-year rotation (four games). This year, it’s AFC East-NFC South, AFC North-NFC North, AFC South-NFC West and AFC West-NFC East.(4 games)

• Each team plays two intraconference teams based on the previous year’s standings (two games). First-place teams in each division will play the two first-place teams from the same conference who weren’t already part of the yearly rotation. The Kansas City Chiefs, for instance, will face the Buffalo Bills and Tennessee Titans (AFC division winners last year) along with the Pittsburgh Steelers (whom the Chiefs are playing anyway as part of the intraconference rotation).
  • Starting this year, each team will play one nonconference opponent that finished in the same standings spot the previous season and isn’t already part of the schedule rotation (one game). For the 2021 season, AFC East teams play NFC East teams; AFC North teams play NFC West teams; AFC South teams play NFC South teams; and AFC West teams play NFC North teams. The home team for these games will rotate every season. In 2021-22, AFC teams will host the games.
Ass them up, that's 17 games!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not correct Ken. The schedule is a rotating formula and only 3 games are scheduled according to "the same finishing position."
Actually it's only two that are scheduled based on finishing position since the third with "the same finishing position" is in the conference in which all teams are played.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's only two that are scheduled based on finishing position since the third with "the same finishing position" is in the conference in which all teams are played.
Read the last bullet for post #27:

Starting this year, each team will play one nonconference opponent that finished in the same standings

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the last bullet for post #27:

Starting this year, each team will play one nonconference opponent that finished in the same standings
I was responding to the post listing prior year schedules. I hadn't reached 27 yet and wasn't aware of how the 17th game was selected.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay now that the scheduling is settled, let's look at the actual schedule.

I, that's me, BK. I think that the preseason will give us a good look at how the season will go and what we can expect.
The Patriots have the WFT, Eagles and finish with the Giants before the Dolphins come to start the season.

WFT was in the playoffs last year and will be an immediate test of the offense and the defense. Not sure where the Eagles will honestly be, but that would be a regular season 'trap' game. The Giants have made some solid improvements and Joe judge is a much better HC than many people anticipated. From the cheap seats, a 2-1 preseason would be a solid indicator.

Looking at the first month. The Dolphins had a a personnel upheaval and will be starting Tua. Pats should win this one at home. They travel to New Jersey and the shiny new Jets. This should be a win because the jets will need time to get Zach used to playing at the NFL level. The third game is a real mystery. I have a really sick feeling that the Patriots will be facing Jarett Stidham as the Saints QB. Don't ask me why or how. I just have this gut feeling that BB will trade him to the Saints and Peyton will turn him into a John Hadl. The Bucs come in Week 4 and both teams could be 3-0 or the Patriots could be 3-0 or 2-1. Hve to see how the Bucs start and if there are any serious injuries before even trying to figure out the outcome of the Pats/Bucs.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady needs to avg 288 yards his first four games. If he does he will break Drew Brees all time passing record. It could happen in Foxboro.

What are people's feelings? Brady to Gronk to set the record in Foxboro wearing Bucs uniforms. The game will be stopped and Brady will be given the ball.

I like it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay now that the scheduling is settled, let's look at the actual schedule.

I, that's me, BK. I think that the preseason will give us a good look at how the season will go and what we can expect.
The Patriots have the WFT, Eagles and finish with the Giants before the Dolphins come to start the season.

WFT was in the playoffs last year and will be an immediate test of the offense and the defense. Not sure where the Eagles will honestly be, but that would be a regular season 'trap' game. The Giants have made some solid improvements and Joe judge is a much better HC than many people anticipated. From the cheap seats, a 2-1 preseason would be a solid indicator.

Looking at the first month. The Dolphins had a a personnel upheaval and will be starting Tua. Pats should win this one at home. They travel to New Jersey and the shiny new Jets. This should be a win because the jets will need time to get Zach used to playing at the NFL level. The third game is a real mystery. I have a really sick feeling that the Patriots will be facing Jarett Stidham as the Saints QB. Don't ask me why or how. I just have this gut feeling that BB will trade him to the Saints and Peyton will turn him into a John Hadl. The Bucs come in Week 4 and both teams could be 3-0 or the Patriots could be 3-0 or 2-1. Hve to see how the Bucs start and if there are any serious injuries before even trying to figure out the outcome of the Pats/Bucs.
All interesting.
I', that's me, Southie, am not seeing the Stidham trade to NO.
If Cam is injued early season do you want Jones to get thrown in? BB does not like playing rookies.
I'm not sure pre-season is an indicator of anything - other than player evaluation.
I really don't care if we go 0-3 or 3-0 as long as said evaluation occurs and players get something out of the "practice"

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady needs to avg 288 yards his first four games. If he does he will break Drew Brees all time passing record. It could happen in Foxboro.

What are people's feelings? Brady to Gronk to set the record in Foxboro wearing Bucs uniforms. The game will be stopped and Brady will be given the ball.

I like it.

Fuck no

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it.
Gronk can hammer that ball up Brady's ass, then spike it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happiest if Brady comes in needing 300 yards and doesn't get it, losing by 3 points.
He can then go on to set the record the following week in Miami, throwing for 450 yards in a blowout.
Gronk spikes ball and wierd bounce go right up Miami players ass!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Brady take a hit so hard that he pisses himself and has to leave to change.

As far as the record goes, he'll have 300 Week1 against the Cowboys, 300 week 2 against the falcons and 200 before he's carried off the field against the Rams in Week 3. He won't be able to play in Foxboro in week 4 and there will be no SportsHoopla. Blaine Gabbert will be the Bucs QB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see Brady take a hit so hard that he pisses himself and has to leave to change.

As far as the record goes, he'll have 300 Week1 against the Cowboys, 300 week 2 against the falcons and 200 before he's carried off the field against the Rams in Week 3. He won't be able to play in Foxboro in week 4 and there will be no SportsHoopla. Blaine Gabbert will be the Bucs QB.
LMFAO!