• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strong on Reviving Texas-Texas A&M Football Rivalry: “Oh yeah...would love to"

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how it will be construed when we bolt?

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see OU bolting. It would be financial ruin for the Sooners to fall off the titty of UT.

I sure hope that UT vs. ATM rivalry comes back. Always a good game to watch day after Thanksgiving.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see OU bolting. It would be financial ruin for the Sooners to fall off the titty of UT.

I sure hope that UT vs. ATM rivalry comes back. Always a good game to watch day after Thanksgiving.

Well that's because you lack foresight. Hence your wager failures.

texas will be their own island someday. It's better for everyone else that way. They made their bed, they will have to lay in it. Then they will have to decide whether or not to gut the last "rivalry" they have.

Once we're in the SEC, we will still get plenty of texas games.

boom

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably would rather have Texas vs Arkansas before Texas vs Texas a&m. Texas has plenty of instate rivalries, and Texas/arky is huge in both schools history. Jerry Jones needs to broker a pigs network, and get arky to the SEC. The SEC doesn't seem to like the 14 teams schedule anyway, just give the big 12 arky and vandy.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's because you lack foresight. Hence your wager failures.

texas will be their own island someday. It's better for everyone else that way. They made their bed, they will have to lay in it. Then they will have to decide whether or not to gut the last "rivalry" they have.

Once we're in the SEC, we will still get plenty of texas games.

boom

You will do what your daddy in Austin tells you to do and you will like it. Besides, aren't you boys following Daddy's lead and creating the Sooner Network?

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will do what your daddy in Austin tells you to do and you will like it. Besides, aren't you boys following Daddy's lead and creating the Sooner Network?

You may have some inkling of the inner-workings in Austin...but you have no idea what's cooking up here.

texico's self-absorption will make it implode upon itself someday.

We will be juuuuuust fine. We did juuuuuust fine before the Big XII and will do juuuuuust fine after it's gone.

We'll have plenty of options when it comes to another "rivalry" game when the time comes.

Be happy. It's what yall wanted. Yall are texas...remember?

OU vs. The TAMmies on Thanksgiving Day/weekend will be an awesome rivalry.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we get texas/texas a&m and Oklahoma/Nebraska on black Friday every yr? iowa-nebraska and Miami-pitt aint cutting it

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may have some inkling of the inner-workings in Austin...but you have no idea what's cooking up here.

We will be juuuuuust fine. We did juuuuuust fine before the Big XII and will do juuuuuust fine after it's gone.

We'll have plenty of options when it comes to another "rivalry" game when the time comes.

S3wI4mo.gif

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love these posts. You see this nonsense all the time. "We can just invent a new rivalry". It is not that easy. Big 10 tried to creat a MSU/PSU rivalry. PSU has over a decade in the Big 10 and still no rival. Arkansas has 20 yrs in the SEC and no rival. Rivalries are formed through history, not by PR people.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State is building a good rivalry with Texas. I look forward to reading about that game on Sunday's.

Texas will never let the OU game go. Texas needs the OU game. There is a reason why Texas bent over backwards on September 10/11, 2011. Oklahoma threatened to leave the Big 12, but who FLEW into Norman? Why Deloss Dodds and Bill Powers. Usually, Texas people don't fly to other places, other people have to fly to them, not in this case. Now, why is that?

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love these posts. You see this nonsense all the time. "We can just invent a new rivalry". It is not that easy. Big 10 tried to creat a MSU/PSU rivalry. PSU has over a decade in the Big 10 and still no rival. Arkansas has 20 yrs in the SEC and no rival. Rivalries are formed through history, not by PR people.

It's not nonsense that the self-serving actions of texas have cost us what was once a pretty balanced conference. We've enabled that and participated in it to some degree for brief periods, but we've learned.

Rivalries are also destroyed by the dissolution of partnerships.

Yall seem kinda worried about the prospect of this...didn't seem to be an issue when yall were telling the cows how to eat the cabbage.

I'm not going to sit here and post all of the indiscretions that yall have perpetrated against your conference mates. Yall know...

Two years tops. If this configuration hinders OU in getting into the playoff in any way, expect changes. We have options. Trust me.

People are talking.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State is building a good rivalry with Texas. I look forward to reading about that game on Sunday's.

Texas will never let the OU game go. Texas needs the OU game. There is a reason why Texas bent over backwards on September 10/11, 2011. Oklahoma threatened to leave the Big 12, but who FLEW into Norman? Why Deloss Dodds and Bill Powers. Usually, Texas people don't fly to other places, other people have to fly to them, not in this case. Now, why is that?

I guess Daddy came to spank us?:laugh3:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not nonsense that the self-serving actions of texas have cost us what was once a pretty balanced conference. We've enabled that and participated in it to some degree for brief periods, but we've learned.

Rivalries are also destroyed by the dissolution of partnerships.

Yall seem kinda worried about the prospect of this...didn't seem to be an issue when yall were telling the cows how to eat the cabbage.

I'm not going to sit here and post all of the indiscretions that yall have perpetrated against your conference mates. Yall know...

Two years tops. If this configuration hinders OU in getting into the playoff in any way, expect changes. We have options. Trust me.

People are talking.

Worried? Big 10 told OU no. PAC said no without UT. OU doesn't have the choices you think. We found that out with your last attempt to join the Pac. ironic, Texas is selfish and trying to wreck the conference, but OU last attempted to leave.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying the Pac turned Oklahoma down with they took Utah and Colorado. Lol

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worried? Big 10 told OU no. PAC said no without UT.

Cite? PAC said no to any move that didn't include texas AND OU, and no to any move that included a LHN.

OU doesn't have the choices you think. We found that out with your last attempt to join the Pac.

I knew Mizzou was bolting for the SEC over two full months before a whisper came out. I know some folks. ;)

ironic, Texas is selfish and trying to wreck the conference, but OU last attempted to leave.

lol...you really don't know shit and you are in denial.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cite? PAC said no to any move that didn't include texas AND OU, and no to any move that included a LHN.

I knew Mizzou was bolting for the SEC over two full months before a whisper came out. I know some folks. ;)

lol...you really don't know shit and you are in denial.

Great response. "I know people". That is up there with my dad can beat your dad up.