• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strong on Reviving Texas-Texas A&M Football Rivalry: “Oh yeah...would love to"

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry about Texas. Sumlin is focused on Olé Miss. Every time he beats Olé Miss, A&M gives him $2mm raise.

And every time Ole Miss beats Texas, you get a new coach :noidea:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we going to dump USC, Notre Dame, or Ohio State??

That makes zero sense.

Who would ever drop any of those 3 for a regional agricultural college??
Texas is not dropping the Trojans, Buckeyes, or Fighting Irish to play a lesser known brand.

that is cool that Texas has a big name OOC game lined up pretty much every year coming up:

Texas OOC
2014 - UCLA (at Arlington, TX)
2015 - at Notre Dame
2016 - Notre Dame
2017 - at USC
2018 - USC
2019 - Notre Dame
2020 - at Notre Dame
2021 - at Arkansas
2022 - Ohio State
2013 - at Ohio State

but if Florida can play Florida State every year on top of LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, Missouri, Tennessee and a rotation of another SEC West team in addition to LSU (next year it is at Bama)... i think Texas can handle playing aTm on top of Oklahoma, one quality OOC and the rest of their Big XII schedule

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we're supposed to play a nine game conf schedule in the best top to bottom conference in CFB, play a hot UCLA, USC, ND, tOSU, and then add an 11th game vs. TAMU?

That's idiotic... in a CFB landscape where a loss hurts you WAY MORE than a quality win helps you in the polls, it is downright stupid to think that.

TAMU left to be 3rd then 4th in the SEC West and beat only ONE decent team in TWO years of SEC Conference play... they can deal with that.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we're supposed to play a nine game conf schedule in the best top to bottom conference in CFB, play a hot UCLA, USC, ND, tOSU, and then add an 11th game vs. TAMU?

That's idiotic... in a CFB landscape where a loss hurts you WAY MORE than a quality win helps you in the polls, it is downright stupid to think that.

TAMU left to be 3rd then 4th in the SEC West and beat only ONE decent team in TWO years of SEC Conference play... they can deal with that.

I almost spit out my drink when I read that the Big XII was "the best top to bottom conference in CFB". They don't do any drug testing at your job do they?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost spit out my drink when I read that the Big XII was "the best top to bottom conference in CFB". They don't do any drug testing at your job do they?

Over the BCS era, the Big 12 was FAR AND AWAY the best top to bottom conf in CFB.

SEC is way top heavy and the middle and bottom are usually SHIT

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the BCS era, the Big 12 was FAR AND AWAY the best top to bottom conf in CFB.

SEC is way top heavy and the middle and bottom are usually SHIT

I still don't understand that argument. It's basically saying "our worst team is better than your worst team". Who cares, they are the worst teams in the conference.

I care about who is at the top and who is going to bowls.

And any time a conference #6 can beat a co-champ...makes an argument that the co-champs league is better just that much funnier.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand that argument. It's basically saying "our worst team is better than your worst team". Who cares, they are the worst teams in the conference.

I care about who is at the top and who is going to bowls.

And any time a conference #6 can beat a co-champ...makes an argument that the co-champs league is better just that much funnier.

I guess the ACC was the best conference this yr. I really do not understand your logic. It's like judging a box of chocolates by tasting one piece. Conference should he judged by its members. All of them. It is just logical

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 was much better when there were twelve. Post LHN not so good.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the ACC was the best conference this yr. I really do not understand your logic. It's like judging a box of chocolates by tasting one piece. Conference should he judged by its members. All of them. It is just logical

That is exactly what I would expect someone from a conference who is weaker at the top to say.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. Those are not the same argument. You're an Aggie.... I'll talk slow.

If it was just that the bottom 2 or 3 teams were slightly better than the other bottom two or three, you'd be saying something... that it does not matter... because you should be able to beat shit team just as easily as slightly worse shit team.

I didn't say that. What I said was that the conference was better top to bottom... that vast middle of the conference in the big 12 has been, in the bcs era, better than the vast middle of the sec, human pollsters hype notwithstanding.

So, there are more actual losable games in the Big12... the really good teams and the better, comparatively, middle teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what I would expect someone from a conference who is weaker at the top to say.

funny. well, the 4th best team in the Big12 [in many estimations] just sacked up and beat the best team in the SEC in the Sugar. You wanna judge by just one team??

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Those are not the same argument. You're an Aggie.... I'll talk slow.

If it was just that the bottom 2 or 3 teams were slightly better than the other bottom two or three, you'd be saying something... that it does not matter... because you should be able to beat shit team just as easily as slightly worse shit team.

I didn't say that. What I said was that the conference was better top to bottom... that vast middle of the conference in the big 12 has been, in the bcs era, better than the vast middle of the sec, human pollsters hype notwithstanding.

So, there are more actual losable games in the Big12.

Whatever gets you through the night. Ask anyone who isn't a homer or female who the better conference is, big12 or SEC, and it isn't going to be close.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny. well, the 4th best team in the Big12 [in many estimations] just sacked up and beat the best team in the SEC in the Sugar. You wanna judge by just one team??

Wouldn't the best team in the SEC be the SEC champ? I'm so confused. :rollseyes:

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't the best team in the SEC be the SEC champ? I'm so confused. :rollseyes:

you would be confused. Alabama was a better team than Auburn through the season... they just happened to have a freak play go against them in a game they played a bit down. do you disagree with this? you. presonally. answer. do you disagree that Bama was the better team?