• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strong on Reviving Texas-Texas A&M Football Rivalry: “Oh yeah...would love to"

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no 'respect' between that school and mine. They reverse "UT", call us "tea sips" and their band was caught on video vandalizing the midfield Longhorn logo. Just about every year their fans vandalize the UT campus. I continue to laugh about their response when their buses got vandalized by the Tech fans one year.

Actually the way I act is quite muted compared to the way their fans act.

Nope, I'm glad they are gone from the Big12. While the game could be considered 'big', I'd prefer a BIG OOC game against an OOS opponent. An OOS game attracts more viewers/potential recruits from across the nation.

Texas actually has the guts to go OOS for OOC games and play a superior OOC schedule unlike that other school.
2014 BYU, UCLA, North Texas and no FCS opponent
2015 @ND, Rice, Cal and no FCS opponent
2016 ND, Cal, UTEP and no FCS opponent
2017 @USC, UCF, Maryland and no FCS opponent
2018 @Maryland, USC, an open date and no FCS opponent

TU because you were originally know as Texas University. We see you as a bunch of spoiled rich kids sitting in the parlor sipping tea. Hence, teasips. And y'all see us as a bunch of dumb farmers, hence all the Aggy Jokes. Been that way for a hundred years.

but all that is over now. Time to move on.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we going to dump USC, Notre Dame, or Ohio State??

That makes zero sense.

Who would ever drop any of those 3 for a regional agricultural college whose 15 minutes have expired??

Sure that regional school might get tired of playing Lamar, Sam Houston State, North Texas, Rice, and Texas State every season.

But that is their problem in college station, TX. It is not our problem they cant schedule anyone.

Texas is not dropping the Trojans, Buckeyes, or Fighting Irish to play a lesser known brand.

FIFY......

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TU because you were originally know as Texas University. We see you as a bunch of spoiled rich kids sitting in the parlor sipping tea. Hence, teasips. And y'all see us as a bunch of dumb farmers, hence all the Aggy Jokes. Been that way for a hundred years.

but all that is over now. Time to move on.[/QUOTE]

I can tell by your screen name.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand that argument. It's basically saying "our worst team is better than your worst team". Who cares, they are the worst teams in the conference.

I care about who is at the top and who is going to bowls.

And any time a conference #6 can beat a co-champ...makes an argument that the co-champs league is better just that much funnier.

You know Aggy will slobber over that win for a long time. What was that, there 3rd win over the Land Thieves in the last 10 games? After constantly getting raped by OU, they get one good win and will always let us remember it.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but all that is over now. Time to move on.[/QUOTE]

I can tell by your screen name.

Same name as CBS since 07 back when the rivalry was still relevant. Can't change it.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I still hate tu. Always have. But I respect them and I want them to be successful. A good tu program is good for the B12, good for College Football and good for the State. If we ever play again be it in a bowl game or whatever I'd much rather see my Aggies face a sucessful and well coached longhorn squad than a team that has struggled all year.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking with Dodds gone, this series will come back. Just a crying shame it ever ended.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I still hate tu. Always have. But I respect them and I want them to be successful. A good tu program is good for the B12, good for College Football and good for the State. If we ever play again be it in a bowl game or whatever I'd much rather see my Aggies face a sucessful and well coached longhorn squad than a team that has struggled all year.

Right back at ya. Would rather my Longhorns face a successful and well coached Aggy squad than a 4 loss Aggy team that just struggled to beat Duke.........in football, mind you. Not really sure why you people think you had a good team this year.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!! I don't think I've ever seen insults traded between two guys so politely. :suds:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right back at ya. Would rather my Longhorns face a successful and well coached Aggy squad than a 4 loss Aggy team that just struggled to beat Duke.........in football, mind you. Not really sure why you people think you had a good team this year.

True A&M did struggle to beat Duke. However, they did manage to win the bowl game. Where as Texas struggled to make first downs and had as many punts as points scored and didn't manage to win the bowl game. There is a big diffenece there.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True A&M did struggle to beat Duke. However, they did manage to win the bowl game. Where as Texas struggled to make first downs and had as many punts as points scored and didn't manage to win the bowl game. There is a big diffenece there.

Meh, we played a top 10 ten team in Oregon. You played Duke, again let me repeat, Duke. Oregon would have dropped 70 on your shitty defense, btw.....

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it coming back any time soon. Dodds might be gone but there are a lot of people on both sides that don't care about the rivalry. This new generation cares more about the uniforms than they do about state rivalries. The rivalry died when the Big 12 formed IMO. most of us just didn't notice it yet.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it coming back any time soon. Dodds might be gone but there are a lot of people on both sides that don't care about the rivalry. This new generation cares more about the uniforms than they do about state rivalries. The rivalry died when the Big 12 formed IMO. most of us just didn't notice it yet.

God, I hope that's not true, but I'm afraid it's starting to look like it is. So far Texas has resisted these stupid looking uniforms, but who knows for how long.

ATM always seemed to have a problem with the OU being a bigger rivalry for Texas than they were. You have to understand that it has very little to do with Texas ATM. It was only because UT and OU played early in the season where in most years they were both undefeated. It meant more because it could mean something down the line. By the time Texas and ATM played, it was usually over as far as any National implications. One or the other was done as far as playing for a National Championship. Hell, in most years it didn't even have conference implications which really surprises me. I miss it. I want it to come back. I still hope down the line with realignment for TV and money that Texas and ATM can be in the same conference. I do admit Dodds was partly responsible for screwing this all up. His arrogance was a lot of the cause for so many teams to leave the Big 12. At the same time, the smaller revenue schools have to understand that you cant' take the same amount if you aren't contributing the same. ATM was partly responsible for wanted to escape to the SEC for money and prestige. Prestige they could have gotten in the Big 12 just as easily. You just have to win and win on a big scale. Conference has little to do with it. That's something both schools are capable of. You don't need to change conferences to achieve that. Can't change it now, but I do hope it all comes back together.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't. They left and decided the rivalry should also end and blame Texas for it. Pussies.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, it all sucks. getting old sucks. sometimes, change is good, and sometimes it sucks. this sucks.

enough with my rant.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't. They left and decided the rivalry should also end and blame Texas for it. Pussies.

^^^^^^This. They left. Fuck 'em......Besides, Aggy is developing a great rivalry with Sam Houston State School of Bookkeeping.....

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC is better for A&M than B12. Regardless how it went down. A&M was looking for an out since the B12 formed and probably should have followed the Piggies over when the SWC fell apart. I don't like how it happened but its not like us fans/alums have any say in the matter.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rivalry with A&M was a second tier rivalry.
It had been that way for a long time.

OKlahoma has long been the important rivalry game.
That was the game that brought eyeballs and interest from around the nation.
And honestly, most old-timers would point towards Arkansas as the #2.

The Aggie game never had any sustained national appeal.
It was a regional game and not as important to Texas.

I know it always bothered TEXAS A&M to not be the #1 rival. But, that was not the Horns problem.

But, here we have "team SEC" demanding that Texas play the game for the good of college football?
I doubt seriously "team SEC" was glued to their seats eagerly anticipating that game in 2007.

It would be like myself getting all worked up about Washington-Washington State.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone is laughing at both schools for being too butthurt to continue the series.
it was a great game, now it's not.

a lot of time will have to pass for the swelling to go down enough to continue this game.