• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Strong on Reviving Texas-Texas A&M Football Rivalry: “Oh yeah...would love to"

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you would be confused. Alabama was a better team than Auburn through the season... they just happened to have a freak play go against them in a game they played a bit down. do you disagree with this? you. presonally. answer. do you disagree that Bama was the better team?

Auburn beat Bama. Auburn was the better team. One freak play didn't score all of the rest of their points.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn beat Bama. Auburn was the better team. One freak play didn't score all of the rest of their points.

Ok, you think Auburn was the best SEC team in 2013. We disagree.

I guess Utah was better than Stanford... oh, and LSU was better than Auburn... wait, but Bama was better than LSU... now that's confusing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I see the children are playing now.

Have fun kiddos.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you should consult your fellow Ag, BTHOtu, who just stated that the Big 12 was better when it had 12 teams, which was for the VAST MAJORITY of the BCS era.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I see the children are playing now.

Have fun kiddos.

Yes, it gets silly when having to respond to your silly/weak argumentation.
Sorry, for the silliness, everyone else.

Big12 is the better top to bottom conference over the BCS era.
Even if one disagrees, it is definitely in the top 2.

Therefore, having to play a 9 game conf schedule in ONE OF THE BEST conferences in CFB, then adding a ND, tOSU, USC, UCLA... it would be idiotic in a landscape that punished losses and barely rewards quality wins to carelessly add yet another tough game... and TAMU plays Texas tough ALWAYS.

[See, Aggie, THAT's how you construct a solid argument]

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread = Conference dick measuring

So not gay.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you should consult your fellow Ag, BTHOtu, who just stated that the Big 12 was better when it had 12 teams, which was for the VAST MAJORITY of the BCS era.
Let me rephrase that.
Big 12 WAS better then than they are now. There were a couple of years when the B12 was pretty good top to bottom. Not many. Most of the time it was OU, tu and 10 others. And the teams up north were a joke. However, when compared to the SEC, the B12 was more "top heavy"

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread = Conference dick measuring

So not gay.

Yes, that's what Aggie turned it into... I was making a point as to why adding another tough game [that's a compliment to TAMU, btw] is not such a good idea for Texas.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase that.
Big 12 WAS better then than they are now. There were a couple of years when the B12 was pretty good top to bottom. Not many. Most of the time it was OU, tu and 10 others. And the teams up north were a joke. However, when compared to the SEC, the B12 was more "top heavy"

Big12 more Top Heavy than SEC? Wow. Never heard that argument.

SEC won 7 BCS Championships in a row. While I argue that they get more chances to get into the big game because of hype, there's no argument that they at least won those games. So, they have good top teams.

Also, the argument I always heard was that Texas couldn't get over the hump and that OU would blow big games.

Add to that, TTU always having an explosive offense, TAMU and Nebraska always playing hard if not well, baylor coming up, Kansas and Mizz coming up for that stretch, KSU always being hard, Okie State always being semi-good to really good...

Could be my own insular bias, but I log into these sports forums all the time to keep myself grounded to what people are saying: I never heard the argument that Big 12 was top heavy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, unless the Big 12 goes back to 8 conference games i don't see UT playing a&m yearly. As someone posted, UT already plays 1 top non conference game a year, why play yet another Texas school? TCU, Baylor, and Tech is enough. Besides non conference "rivalries" dont matter too much anymore.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 more Top Heavy than SEC? Wow. Never heard that argument.

SEC won 7 BCS Championships in a row. While I argue that they get more chances to get into the big game because of hype, there's no argument that they at least won those games. So, they have good top teams.

Also, the argument I always heard was that Texas couldn't get over the hump and that OU would blow big games.

Add to that, TTU always having an explosive offense, TAMU and Nebraska always playing hard if not well, baylor coming up, Kansas and Mizz coming up for that stretch, KSU always being hard, Okie State always being semi-good to really good...

Could be my own insular bias, but I log into these sports forums all the time to keep myself grounded to what people are saying: I never heard the argument that Big 12 was top heavy.

Could be my own insular bias as well. It just seemed that way to a lot of B12 fans of teams other than OU and Texas that during the Big 12 there were only two programs that ruled the roost, three if you count Nebraska from the North and the rest would have a decent year or two but never really great.

Big 12 Champ Game Winners (1996-2010):
OU 7
Texas 3
Nebraska 2
Kansas State 1
Colorado 1
Texas A&M 1
Since 1999 either Texas or OU represented the B12 South in the title game.
Texas A&M was the only other team from the B12 South to go to the title game and was 1-1.
Since 2002 either Texas or OU won the B12 CG.
OSU, Tech, Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have not played in the B12 Championship Game.

SEC Conference Championship Game Winners (1992 - 2010) for comparison. Yes, SEC is Top heavy too.
Florida 7
Alabama 3
LSU 4
Auburn 2
Georgia 2
Tennessee 2
Mississippi, Kentucky and Vandy have not played in the SEC Championship game.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what I would expect someone from a conference who is weaker at the top to say.
-
This is exactly what I would expect a person with 0 ability to use reason and logic to say.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See more BS you deliberately don't use their name because you think it's a funny put town but really it's being disrespectful to another institution of higher learning. By doing this you are being arrogant simply based on the belief that you are better.

What you have to ask yourself is this the way a person with class acts? If your answer in any way refers back to how they act my response will be simple "why do you let them dictate the way you act".

The simple truth is on one hand you're glad they are gone but at the same time it pisses you off that it caused instability in the Big 12. By not playing them you have convinced yourself that you are punishing them but really it's just petty behavior.

There is no 'respect' between that school and mine. They reverse "UT", call us "tea sips" and their band was caught on video vandalizing the midfield Longhorn logo. Just about every year their fans vandalize the UT campus. I continue to laugh about their response when their buses got vandalized by the Tech fans one year.

Actually the way I act is quite muted compared to the way their fans act.

Nope, I'm glad they are gone from the Big12. While the game could be considered 'big', I'd prefer a BIG OOC game against an OOS opponent. An OOS game attracts more viewers/potential recruits from across the nation.

Texas actually has the guts to go OOS for OOC games and play a superior OOC schedule unlike that other school.
2014 BYU, UCLA, North Texas and no FCS opponent
2015 @ND, Rice, Cal and no FCS opponent
2016 ND, Cal, UTEP and no FCS opponent
2017 @USC, UCF, Maryland and no FCS opponent
2018 @Maryland, USC, an open date and no FCS opponent

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why this is even a topic. A&M recently said they do not want to play TExa at this moment, so it seems the 2 schools are just passing ships in the night.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly after that it got reversed by bowtie. He repeated the 'anytime, anyplace' mantra.

He didn't mention "... but not broadcast on LHN" :whistle:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shortly after that it got reversed by bowtie. He repeated the 'anytime, anyplace' mantra.

-
But he is no longer at A&M, so his opinion is meaningless

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowtie is on his way to Missouri...

Changing conferences caused a lot of scheduling issues so we had to take who we could get for OOC but it will soon be getting better.

The rivalry is over. No more A&M UT games unless there is a bowl. Neither school can just drop their OOC opponents and make room. It would require not only for both teams to drop an opponent to create an open spot but there will have to be on the same week. Not thanksgiving. Plus the programs that get dropped, usually smaller programs looking for.their only TV spot, is going to be wanting their financial compensation.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he and many other Big Money Ags did mention that. No way in hell they would play on LHN.