• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stevie or Jimi

Stevie or Jimi?

• Stevie

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Jimi

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir...saw him in Philly back in mid 90s. He had cleaned up some I think, and was clearly moving more into Blues genre, but he gave us the full spectrum...from Cream days to Unplugged. It was one of the better concerts I've seen live.
Yes. He still does that. We went to see him about 5 years ago in Phoenix and it was the same; from one end of the spectrum to the other. He had this other player in his band, a left-handed guy named Doyle Bramlett and damn, that dude could play too.
I used to play back in the day and my claim to fame as a guitar player was that Eric Clapton called my playing "rubbish"

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purple Haze
Foxy Lady
Red House
Can You See Me
Love or Confusion
I Don't Live Today
May This Be Love
Fire
3rd Stone From The Sun
Are You Experienced

All Jimi creations .. and that's just his 1st album, which alone surpasses Vaughn's entire output.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a whole, I very much enjoy Led Zeppelin. I enjoy the great majority of their music.

Me as well and I think that in part is my reason for liking Page as much as I do....I have the Blu ray...The Song Remains The Same...some of the best solo work I've ever heard...not just Page...Bonham was awesome too.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes me laugh.

I hope you’re better with guns...
Actually, I'm very good at both. In fact I probably know more about music than you ever will.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t say I’m an expert at all, but I would bet my middle testicle that I have spent significantly more time playing, studying, recording, and producing music than you have.
Judging from your post I highly doubt that but I give you an A+ on trolling.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purple Haze
Foxy Lady
Red House
Can You See Me
Love or Confusion
I Don't Live Today
May This Be Love
Fire
3rd Stone From The Sun
Are You Experienced

All Jimi creations .. and that's just his 1st album, which alone surpasses Vaughn's entire output.
We are talking about better guitarist, not better songwriter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He still does that. We went to see him about 5 years ago in Phoenix and it was the same; from one end of the spectrum to the other. He had this other player in his band, a left-handed guy named Doyle Bramlett and damn, that dude could play too.
I used to play back in the day and my claim to fame as a guitar player was that Eric Clapton called my playing "rubbish"

I loved his percussionist almost as much as the guitar playing.

You play, or played...either way I'm sure you can still make some tunes...Very cool!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging from your post I highly doubt that but I give you an A+ on trolling.
Judging from my post?

Did you already forget that you’re the fuckwit who said that Hendrix was the most overrated guitarist of all time?

That’s a fucking joke.

What music school did you study at?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virtuosity is wildly overrated, at least to these ears. Some of my favorite instrumentalists wouldn't be in the top 1,000 if technical mastery of their instrument is the criteria.. Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix... it's a long list.

But technical virtuosity can be more objectively measured and everything else about what makes music great is very subjective.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I knew I would leave off a player...I don't know where to fit him, but Carlos is a player I like a lot...never seen him live thinking of going out the Vegas to catch him at the House Of Blues.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, now you choose to call me names. Is that all you've got?
No. I also asked which music school you studied at, but you ignored the question.

Anyway, be careful not to shoot yourn eyes out with those guns, sport.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do play guitar, in fact, I own three of them so you were correct in assuming I play guitar. I played in a Rock band before I was married.
You seem like one of those dumbfucks who likes to tell everyone they play guitar, but you don’t actually play. Like the Texas guy from Wisconsin.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me as well and I think that in part is my reason for liking Page as much as I do....I have the Blu ray...The Song Remains The Same...some of the best solo work I've ever heard...not just Page...Bonham was awesome too.

I think my all-time favorite guitarist from across the pond, has to be Pink Floyd's David Gilmour. To me, very few can make a guitar "paint a picture" the way he does

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about better guitarist, not better songwriter.

I don't see any value in separating the 2. Is it about the music they created or isn't it ?

Ftr, the OP simply said "Jimi or Stevie".

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Virtuosity is wildly overrated, at least to these ears. Some of my favorite instrumentalists wouldn't be in the top 1,000 if technical mastery of their instrument is the criteria.. Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Keith Moon, Jimi Hendrix... it's a long list.

But technical virtuosity can be more objectively measured and everything else about what makes music great is very subjective.

Now you've gotten me started...Miles...I'm probably about 12 or 14 deep with Davis ranging from the early years Prestige pre-Coltrane years, obviously the most famous band years with Coltrane, to the final band with Wayne Shorter and Herbie Hancock.

I was told by a very serious Miles collector...don't play Bitches Brew until you've heard the build up albums first...you'll hate it you do. Well, I've started it and stopped about 4 times...I've finally listened to it from beginning to end, still don't quite "get it", but I respect it more than did. I actually think On The Corner might be even more "out there" but clearly he was moving away from the mainstream jazz genre.

Have 3 Monks...like him as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my all-time favorite guitarist from across the pond, has to be Pink Floyd's David Gilmour. To me, very few can make a guitar "paint a picture" the way he does

Totally different style of playing, but true.

Certainly a fan now...I never really started appreciating Gilmour's stardom until about The Wall even though I have and loved DSOTM, Wishing You Were Here and a couple others.