• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers WR Martavis Bryant facing a year-long suspension

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And right when the Steelers were putting together a rather nasty team. Terrible timing for them.

:llama:

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And right when the Steelers were putting together a rather nasty team. Terrible timing for them.

:llama:
The suspension would just increase the amount of touches L. Bell and Nino Brown got. I think we'll be fine.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspension would just increase the amount of touches L. Bell and Nino Brown got. I think we'll be fine.
And its the reason why they brought DHB back in, and signed Ladarius Green. Ben will still have plenty of weapons.

Not worried at all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some players in the NFL will never get it. I actually feel sorry that they are so stupid that they pass up millions of dollars just to smoke weed.
Yeah, but it's good shit...:rockon:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what people think about pot being illegal, the fact is it is not allowed. He knows the rules, and still chooses to go against them. Trade him while he still has value and let him throw away his career elsewhere. Santonio Holmes ring any bells?

What pisses me off the most is that Ben has been reaching out countless times trying to motivate this kid. That is a direct slap in the face to him. Ben has to be feeling pretty betrayed right now. Martavis has been drafted to one of the NFL's most stable franchises, with some of the best support to surround himself with and he still can't live his life on the straight & narrow. If he can't make it with this team, then he's not likely to make it anywhere.
This is what the "it's not a big deal crew" seem to ignore over and over. If my multi-million dollar contract stated I couldn't wear a green shirt, I wouldn't. It is really pretty simple...:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him breaking the rule and losing millions is much dumber than the rule itself. Pot shouldn't be that big of a deal but if I am him and the NFL says I cant have fucking tater tots, then I am not eating tater tots with that much money on the line.
Should have read the whole thread before my 'wouldn't wear a green shirt comment'...so I'll give you two of these...:thumb::thumb: and one of these:sorry:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the "it's not a big deal crew" seem to ignore over and over. If my multi-million dollar contract stated I couldn't wear a green shirt, I wouldn't. It is really pretty simple...:noidea:

What an idiot. Not to mention the countless millions that he's deducting off his potential future contract, if he ever gets his shit together.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The human body wants thc. That's why it holds it in your system for so long. It binds to your fat cells and the body saves it. These players are being deprived of one of nature's/God's gifts while the teams give them much harsher substances that wreck the liver and corrode the brain.
That deserves the trifecta...
:facepalm5::facepalm3::L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just no stability w/ that organization.

Yep...idk much about Haslaam aside from him being a Steeler fan.

I have a feeling they knew Farmer was a mistake...Pettine (sp) imo was a decent HC, but a clean slate was the plan. With that, I think they will give Hue Jackson the majority of his contract to turn it around. Time will tell.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe billionaire owners don't want their employees smoking weed? Many of the owners are old white men who still believe in simple values like wearing suits and ties, no facial hair, a firm handshake. If the 20 something crowd was running the NFL I'm sure you would be right though. Not a performance enhancer but still federally illegal.

Those same billionaire owners are abusing alcohol and prescription drugs, and their simple values also include women at home with the kids and acceptable racism. Not so sure you want plutocrats setting the rules, lol.

The federally illegal concept is a farce. The US gov't needs to decide one way or another; if they are going to allow states to make their own rules about marijuana usage, then the national policy can't contradict that.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's missing from this discussion is that Bryant did not fail two consecutive tests, he missed two consecutive tests, which defaults to two failed tests.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's missing from this discussion is that Bryant did not fail two consecutive tests, he missed two consecutive tests, which defaults to two failed tests.
Already been stated a couple times

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That deserves the trifecta...
:facepalm5::facepalm3::L

It's a useful compound. The body enjoys its presence. You can't argue against biology so you face palm instead.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, and this thread wouldn't be complete without the obligatory, the NFLPA is the most neutered, least influential organization in sports.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those same billionaire owners are abusing alcohol and prescription drugs, and their simple values also include women at home with the kids and acceptable racism. Not so sure you want plutocrats setting the rules, lol.

The federally illegal concept is a farce. The US gov't needs to decide one way or another; if they are going to allow states to make their own rules about marijuana usage, then the national policy can't contradict that.
I really don't care if the USG legalizes marijuana or not? If they do, I hope they tax it heavily and use those $ on clearing up the deficit. Legalizing it would also put a small dent in the cartel's profits whike creating new jobs in the US. But, until that time it's illegal so if you have a job that requires you to abstain from it's use, you likely should.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care if the USG legalizes marijuana or not? If they do, I hope they tax it heavily and use those $ on clearing up the deficit. Legalizing it would also put a small dent in the cartel's profits whike creating new jobs in the US. But, until that time it's illegal so if you have a job that requires you to abstain from it's use, you likely should.

Slaves could smoke it, and 200 years later workers can't smoke it. Wow.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaves could smoke it, and 200 years later workers can't smoke it. Wow.
Wow is right. How tall is your soap box? Be careful stepping down, Wow.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. I couldn't care less about pot. Frankly, I wish it was legal mostly so the potheads would shut up about it. But as long as it is illegal, I agree that it's wise for the NFL to test for it.

And do some of you realize how easy it is to pass the test? There's about a three and a half month period during the offseason where you're allowed to be tested. Most players know when their test will be within a two week or so period. So all you have to do is stay clean for that test, and then you won't be tested again for another year. You could smoke pot all season if you think it helps you recover from games, or if you just love the stuff, and you don't have to worry about failing a test. But if you just can't lay off and you fail that test, all that means is you get tested more often.

It takes multiple failed tests before any suspension occurs, and then it takes quite a few more before you find yourself in Bryant's situation. No sympathy from me, the guy is an idiot.