• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers WR Martavis Bryant facing a year-long suspension

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame considering what sort of success & fame lies at his fingertips. Always makes me sad to see these "what could have been" types and hope for the best with them. But after 5 or 6 failed drug tests I'm not very empathetic.

Understandable. With success and fame also comes opportunities for temptations. We see some of these players just not be able to resist. They can't see the opportunity they have been given because of that. I'm pretty sure many of us on here would give just about anything for that same opportunity. I had to laugh in that video where he talked about how he never worked out before this year that he has been suspended. Some of these guys have just been so gifted they have never had to truly work and earn it. So we see when some resistance actually comes their way they just crumble.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable. With success and fame also comes opportunities for temptations. We see some of these players just not be able to resist. They can't see the opportunity they have been given because of that. I'm pretty sure many of us on here would give just about anything for that same opportunity. I had to laugh in that video where he talked about how he never worked out before this year that he has been suspended. Some of these guys have just been so gifted they have never had to truly work and earn it. So we see when some resistance actually comes their way they just crumble.
All too true. Like you said, time will tell if everything he's saying is true. I've seen this song & dance too many times over the last couple years with both Bryant & Bell. Sad state of affairs I tell ya. It is always good to see remorse over these incidents, but I don't think he owes us fans anything, aside from the younger kids that look up to these athletes, compared to what he owes to his teammates, coaches & organization. He has a loooong ways to go to regain that trust with his companions within the franchise. But at least he still has an opportunity, granted its his last in Pittsburgh

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All too true. Like you said, time will tell if everything he's saying is true. I've seen this song & dance too many times over the last couple years with both Bryant & Bell. Sad state of affairs I tell ya. It is always good to see remorse over these incidents, but I don't think he owes us fans anything, aside from the younger kids that look up to these athletes, compared to what he owes to his teammates, coaches & organization. He has a loooong ways to go to regain that trust with his companions within the franchise. But at least he still has an opportunity, granted its his last in Pittsburgh

I'm sure some UDFA player is looking at all these opportunities that Bryant and Bell are getting and just pulling out their hair in frustration. Talent always gets lots of opportunities. Heck I think it was the Rams this past training camp that a player got cut because he parked in the coaches spot on accident. So yeah I hope he is counting his lucky stars that a team will probably give him another shot. Great player but talent only gets you so far in life.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in his defense, it as some really bangin' shit.