• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Steelers WR Martavis Bryant facing a year-long suspension

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay off the weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeda!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drug test Eddie Lacy. That dude's got a serious case of the munchies.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe pot shouldn't be a big deal, but it is with a LOT of parents still, and the NFL shouldn't have to worry about possibly turning those parents off of the game and lose potential paying fans.

I am fine if that's part of their policies. It is with a LOT of companies even if the states make it legal. It still is federally a schedule 1 drug, until that changes if they are testing for drugs, and that's found I am fine that they treat it as such until it isn't anymore. That is what needs to change.

As for Bryant... Seriously, you have millions of dollars riding on the simple choice of NOT doing marijuana. If you can't not do that drug with those stakes, knowing you are on your last chance, you have a BIG fucking problem with drugs.

Throw in even beyond this the NFL offers to help pay for rehab and counseling to help with these issues for these players. I mean they have opportunities in front of them that very few in this world do for free. So while some might disagree with the policy it still doesn't take away from the fact that it is still the players' choice to violate said rule.

My guess is every one of us at our job have rules we do not agree with. Still because I want to keep my job I am willing to adhere to that rule for the sake of keeping my job. If you feel so strongly against the rule then time to quit your job and find one that fits you better. Otherwise to me obey the rules and move on. You can try to get things changed but until they are changed obey the rules.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe pot shouldn't be a big deal, but it is with a LOT of parents still, and the NFL shouldn't have to worry about possibly turning those parents off of the game and lose potential paying fans.

I am fine if that's part of their policies. It is with a LOT of companies even if the states make it legal. It still is federally a schedule 1 drug, until that changes if they are testing for drugs, and that's found I am fine that they treat it as such until it isn't anymore. That is what needs to change.

As for Bryant... Seriously, you have millions of dollars riding on the simple choice of NOT doing marijuana. If you can't not do that drug with those stakes, knowing you are on your last chance, you have a BIG fucking problem with drugs.

It should be a big deal with parents, as it takes away initiative. Kids shouldn't smoke until they're out of school.

That said, that has nothing to do with the NFL. It's not like they would be promoting weed if they didn't test for it. It would be mentioned even less than it is now in conjunction with the NFL.

Testing for weed when they pump these kids full of painkillers to get them back into the game while destroying their bodies is laughable.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dope fiend? It's BS attitudes like that that are half the problem.

Imagine, run out of the league for liking the herb....
Hank I'm usually in your corner. But these players are idiots, regardless of how we feel about the legalization of marijuana? If the NFL said I couldn't eat hamburgers, I'd give up hamburgers. It's call discipline. If you want to play follow the rules.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be a big deal with parents, as it takes away initiative. Kids shouldn't smoke until they're out of school.

That said, that has nothing to do with the NFL. It's not like they would be promoting weed if they didn't test for it. It would be mentioned even less than it is now in conjunction with the NFL.

Testing for weed when they pump these kids full of painkillers to get them back into the game while destroying their bodies is laughable.

But the pumping up of painkillers isn't something we see outrage over. Like you said, Weed is a big deal with parents, and yes that has EVERYTHING to do with the NFL. Look at their push and it's effect the last 10 or so years of expanding the game to mom's. Half of the NFL commercials now are for mom's getting NFL gear and being fans.

It isn't like they were promoting domestic violence when they gave Ray Rice his initial suspension either. Punishing DV is the courts job, not the NFL's, and their initial suspension was the longest of any major sport ever.

Honestly, it's just not worth opening up to them to say "hey we have decided to be the first major sport to stop testing for that".

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The human body wants thc. That's why it holds it in your system for so long. It binds to your fat cells and the body saves it. These players are being deprived of one of nature's/God's gifts while the teams give them much harsher substances that wreck the liver and corrode the brain.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The human body wants thc. That's why it holds it in your system for so long. It binds to your fat cells and the body saves it. These players are being deprived of one of nature's/God's gifts while the teams give them much harsher substances that wreck the liver and corrode the brain.
The human body wants it? But it's not addictive. If the human body wanted it wouldn't we all be smoking weed?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite thoughts on making MJ legal or not it is currently banned by the NFL so like others have said if you want to play the game stay off the weed make your $$$ and when you retire from football move to a state where its legal and smoke all you want.

Geez this is not rocket science all it takes is a little discipline for a few years and you get to do what you want after that . How hard is that to understand ?

For some I guess it is rocket science :L

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite thoughts on making MJ legal or not it is currently banned by the NFL so like others have said if you want to play the game stay off the weed make your $$$ and when you retire from football move to a state where its legal and smoke all you want.

Geez this is not rocket science all it takes is a little discipline for a few years and you get to do what you want after that . How hard is that to understand ?

For some I guess it is rocket science :L
You have to consider some of these guys can't add 2+2.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MB is doing what he wants to do...the NFL is doing what the rules have laid out. Zero sympathy from me and I have zero issue with pot, but rules are rules.

PIT knew this was a possibility, thus Coates was drafted.

Coates...you're next up man...your opportinuty is now!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news! Hopefully Big Ben, Antonio Brown & anyone else that will help Duh $tealer$ win in '16 also gets suspended.:hope:

:peep:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news! Hopefully Big Ben, Antonio Brown & anyone else that will help Duh $tealer$ win in '16 also gets suspended.:hope:

:peep:

I agree, I always say I'd rather beat 1/2 a team vs. losing to a full one. I don't care what others say.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the pumping up of painkillers isn't something we see outrage over. Like you said, Weed is a big deal with parents, and yes that has EVERYTHING to do with the NFL. Look at their push and it's effect the last 10 or so years of expanding the game to mom's. Half of the NFL commercials now are for mom's getting NFL gear and being fans.

It isn't like they were promoting domestic violence when they gave Ray Rice his initial suspension either. Punishing DV is the courts job, not the NFL's, and their initial suspension was the longest of any major sport ever.

Honestly, it's just not worth opening up to them to say "hey we have decided to be the first major sport to stop testing for that".

If players didn't test positive for weed, it would never be mentioned within the context of the NFL, unless as a part of a criminal investigation (same as DV). The league doesn't have to use a press conference to announce it isn't testing for weed anymore, they can just stop.

There is no justification to test for weed. It is far from being a performance enhancer.