• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stats Say Nick Foles Is by Far the Best Quarterback in the NFL

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Been two weeks since the original post, and another great two weeks for Foles. He was great in the 54-11 crushing of Chicago. Even in the loss to the Vikings, Foles was good (the problem for the Eagles there was more their total defensive breakdown -- 48 points to the Vikes without Adrian Peterson?).

Foles is still highest in the NFL in YPA (at 9.03, ahead of Aaron Rodgers at 8.84) and passer rating (at 118.8, ahead of Peyton Manning at 113.0).

which is why the stats are nice but meaningless. No GM, coach, fan or anyone that knows the slightest thing about football would want Foles over Peyton or AR. Honestly, I hope the kid continues to do well but why don't we just let him play and forget the nonsense.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the double-standards. If Andrew Luck was having this type of statistical season, people would be prepping him for Canton already. But, because it's Foles, we're still in "wait and see" mode. Funny stuff.

ESPN put together a fun stat from last night's game -- technically, Foles' completion % was perfect. His 4 "incomplete" passes were all balls thrown away out of bounds. Every pass he threw to a receiver was completed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love the double-standards. If Andrew Luck was having this type of statistical season, people would be prepping him for Canton already. But, because it's Foles, we're still in "wait and see" mode. Funny stuff.

ESPN put together a fun stat from last night's game -- technically, Foles' completion % was perfect. His 4 "incomplete" passes were all balls thrown away out of bounds. Every pass he threw to a receiver was completed.

I doubt anybody would be getting Luck ready for Canton. That's just utter nonsense. But if we were to look at this and compare, if Luck was putting up these stats, it would be on a much less dynamic offense with about a quarter of the talent around him. The problem is the line about stats showing Foles to be "by far, the best QB in football". If anyone were to say that about Luck or anybody else besides Peyton Manning(maybe), they would be getting the same backlash and just "wait a minute" attitude. No double standard here. Just a stupid notion based on stats alone without looking at the whole picture.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this before and I'll say it again and again:

Stats rarely tell the whole story. Enough said.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this before and I'll say it again and again:

Stats rarely tell the whole story. Enough said.

:agree: Specially if your talking about a spot in Canton.... He's my QB, he's played some great frickn football, but let's let him have his career first before he is "labeled"...

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, kidding. This is draft elitism at work. Luck was drafted #1, therefore he "must" be good. Foles was drafted 3rd round, therefore he "must" suck. Brady went through the same kind of haters. Foles completely blows Luck away.

* Foles's 7 TDs against the Raiders on Nov. 3 is tied with Peyton Manning for most TDs thrown in a game in NFL history.
* Foles's 152.8 quarterback rating for November is the highest in NFL history of any QB over a 3- or 4-week span.
* Foles's 237 consecutive passes without an interception is the highest in Eagles history.

With the win tonight, Foles has the Eagles in the playoffs in his first year as a starter.

He finishes the regular season with not just the highest YPA and passer rating in the league (yes, ahead of Peyton Manning), but the third highest passer rating in HISTORY:

1. 122.5 Aaron Rodgers 2011
2. 121.1 Peyton Manning 2004
3. 118.7 Nick Foles 2013
4. 117.2 Tom Brady 2007
5. 113.0 Peyton Manning 2013

andrefelder1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he plays in a unique offense that utilizes its playmakers and the entire field. He has the league leading rusher in the backfield and his o line has played very well so foles is just a beneficiary. Calm down 1st ballot

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like a guy that can't handle pressure in his face. A bad defense was almost too much for him to handle last night, simply because they applied pressure. Luckily for the Eagles, the Cowboys offense turned it over 3 times.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like a guy that can't handle pressure in his face. A bad defense was almost too much for him to handle last night, simply because they applied pressure. Luckily for the Eagles, the Cowboys offense turned it over 3 times.

Luckily for the Cowboys, they managed to only get called for one penalty over an entire game (and a bogus one at that) despite some defensive holding, hitting a sliding quarterback, Murray finishing half his runs with his helmet, and Dallas coming into the game averaging 6.5 flags per contest.

But I agree, Foles did not play too well in that second half. Not sure if it was the pressure of the Dallas pass rush or the pressure of the situation, but he wasn't the same as the first half. We dodged a bullet, but it'll be interesting seeing how the Saints apply pressure next week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night was the first game I have watched of him and honestly was not too impressed. I know it was one of his worst games since becoming the starter but he just looked like he couldn't handle any kind of pressure. As soon as a DL flashed in front of him the ball dropped and he got some major happy feet going and stopped looking down the field. He is young so who knows if he will be able to do better with pressure or not but my guess is teams will try to blitz the heck out of him here in the playoffs. Only thing keeping teams from doing that is McCoy and his ability with the screen game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily for the Cowboys, they managed to only get called for one penalty over an entire game (and a bogus one at that) despite some defensive holding, hitting a sliding quarterback, Murray finishing half his runs with his helmet, and Dallas coming into the game averaging 6.5 flags per contest.

But I agree, Foles did not play too well in that second half. Not sure if it was the pressure of the Dallas pass rush or the pressure of the situation, but he wasn't the same as the first half. We dodged a bullet, but it'll be interesting seeing how the Saints apply pressure next week.

It probably tells you how good the guy is when he completes 66% of his passes, averages 10 ypa, throws for 263, 2 TD's/0 INTs and has a QB rating of 124.4 and people consider it "not playing well"... LOL

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It probably tells you how good the guy is when he completes 66% of his passes, averages 10 ypa, throws for 263, 2 TD's/0 INTs and has a QB rating of 124.4 and people consider it "not playing well"... LOL

bingo. for some reason people keep looking for every little flaw or minor mistake he makes. the main part of what makes him so good is accuracy, smart decision making and lack of turnovers. off the top of my head, i don't remember him missing one receiver last night? all his incompletes were basically thrown away out of bounds or into the ground. and really, the eagles should have still put up 31 points. that trick play that eventually led to a stuff at the 1 was idiotic and cost them.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bingo. for some reason people keep looking for every little flaw or minor mistake he makes. the main part of what makes him so good is accuracy, smart decision making and lack of turnovers. off the top of my head, i don't remember him missing one receiver last night? all his incompletes were basically thrown away out of bounds or into the ground. and really, the eagles should have still put up 31 points. that trick play that eventually led to a stuff at the 1 was idiotic and cost them.

If you extrapolate Foles stats over a full 16 game season he would have a 64% completion rate, 4624 yards, 43 TD/3 INT, 9.1 ypa and a 119.2 QB rating. Now I am OK with saying stats arent the full story but if that isnt one of the best seasons by a QB ever then I dont know what would be....

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please don't misrepresent me. I said he didn't play well in the second half, when he had a passer rating of 55-ish, went 5-10 for 66 yards and no TDs, took three sacks and fumbled the ball away.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Foles is what he showed in the second half. But he's still pretty new and I hope he doesn't succumb to the pressure of big games, because he'll get eaten alive out there.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say I enjoy the format the OP put his post in. Allowed me to skim right through all the gobblygoo and get the main point of the post.....

As for the topic. Maybe.....Im not going to pretend his 7-1 record the back half was against steller competition (only one win vs a playoff team a rodgers less GB)

He def earned himself the qb1 spot for next year though.

The real interesting thing is if Kelly will stick with him....knowing that Kelly loves the run option at qb.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00