• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stats Say Nick Foles Is by Far the Best Quarterback in the NFL

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last guy to have that title isn't in the league anymore and no team wants to touch him with a 10-foot pole so careful in what you say.

Yeah, but anyone who watched Tebow knew he sucked as a QB.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 2 games I knew he would be the starter for the next couple years ....but please, don't make the same mistake the skins fans made. You see how fast it call all change.

"Sharpen your swords quietly"

lol ..... the concept of tongue-in-cheek is escaping too many people here.....

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw a pick in the snow/icestorm. LOL@ his inaccuracy :laugh3:

I don't watch the Eagles, but he had 2 "should have been" INT's against GB and another thrown up like a hail mary and luckily for him he was facing a GB defense that couldn't seem to make a play on a ball if their lives depended on it at times this year so instead they ended up as TD's.

He's better for them than Vick, but settle down guys. He's played well and most of the bounces seem to be going his way at the moment. Sooner or later that evens out and you see what a guy really has.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats he doesnt lead in

comp% Rivers 1st Foles 17th

Yds per game Peyton 1st foles 30th

QBR Mccown 1st Foles 5th

So i guess its at least 2nd ballot before he enters the HOF:suds:

LOL, very good....And let's not forget that this is the guy that couldn't beat out a broken down and fragile Mike Vick.....He's been on a roll, but I expect it to run out soon, just like Kap and RG-3.....I think to be the man , you gotta beat the man and he hasn't done enough to beat anybody yet.....Don't bet the farm on him just yet, let's see if he can actually win something besides a few games...just sayin' !!!!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ..... the concept of tongue-in-cheek is escaping too many people here.....

The insanity of some people on this forum is escaping you. (and they are always serious)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch the Eagles, but he had 2 "should have been" INT's against GB and another thrown up like a hail mary and luckily for him he was facing a GB defense that couldn't seem to make a play on a ball if their lives depended on it at times this year so instead they ended up as TD's.

He's better for them than Vick, but settle down guys. He's played well and most of the bounces seem to be going his way at the moment. Sooner or later that evens out and you see what a guy really has.

To have a run like Foles had it usually takes a mix of good play by the quarterback, OL, and WR's, plus quite a bit of luck thrown in. Every week we see teams execute the tip drill where a perfect pass bounces off the receivers hands right into a defenders. Foles hasn't experienced that yet. This is why the interception stat can be so deceiving. Sometimes a quarterback is very lucky to have passes bounce right out of the hands of a defender while others are very unlucky to watch their receiver not only drop a should be completion but let it fall into the hands of a defender.

Now having said that I think Foles is a very good quarterback and was hoping the Broncos would draft him as his talent didn't always show up in the stats while he was in college as he didn't have the greatest talent around him. I think he can be a long time starter in this league but not sure he is going to be one of those top-5 type quarterbacks.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask people to name the best up-and-coming quarterbacks, the quarterbacks of the future, and you hear names like Kap, Luck, Newton, RG3, and Wilson (in no particular order other than alphabetical).

Ask people to name the already-elite quarterbacks in the NFL, and you hear names like Brady, Brees, Peyton, or Rodgers (in no particular order other than alphabetical).

But stats say that NICK FOLES blows them all away and is not just the best up-and-comer or best future quarterback, but already elite, and hands-down the best quarterback in the NFL.

Total yards are his only "low" stat, and they are low only because Vick was keeping Foles out of games in the first half of the season. Once you adjust yardage for attempts, the stat, like Foles's other stats, becomes sky-high:

yards per attempt 9.04: HIGHEST (#1) in the NFL

Next closest is Rodgers at 8.84.

passer rating 120.0: HIGHEST (#1) in the NFL

There are people already calling Peyton's year "the best quarterback season ever", and yet Peyton's supposed "best quarterback season ever", in second place at 114.5, is still worse than Foles.

TD/INT ratio 20:1 = 20.0: HIGHEST (#1) in the NFL

This is far and away the best TD/INT ratio. No one else is even close. By comparison, Brady is at 21:9 = 2.3, Brees is at 33:8 = 4.1, Peyton is at 45:9 = 5.0, and Rodgers is at 15:4 = 3.8.

I too like Foles and wish the Broncos would have drifted him over Osweiler, but before we hand him the Lombardi, League MVP, a Gold Jacket and a Flacco-like $$Contract$$ let's take a breath and remember Mark Sanchez.

Personally I think Foles is a much better QB than Sanchez, but he has started 7 games and played in 10 total?

Passer rating is a misleading stat. Sure, he is playing well and the 1 INT is impressive, for the most part he is taking care of the football and was lucky a few times to not get picked.

Let's wait until he plays a full season and see just how he does over a larger sample.

And, the Eagles should make the playoffs so we will see how he does in a pressure cooker.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too like Foles and wish the Broncos would have drifted him over Osweiler, but before we hand him the Lombardi, League MVP, a Gold Jacket and a Flacco-like $$Contract$$ let's take a breath and remember Mark Sanchez.

Mark Sanchez is not a good comparison. The difference is, Sanchez has never even been close to #1 in YPA, passer rating, and TD/INT. Even when Sanchez was winning games in his first few years thanks to his team's run game and defense, Sanchez, unlike Foles, was always a statistically mediocre-to-terrible quarterback.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yds per game Peyton 1st foles 30th

QBR Mccown 1st Foles 5th

So i guess its at least 2nd ballot before he enters the HOF:suds:

Yards per game means nothing. With either fast-paced offenses or slow-paced offenses & how well the defense plays the yards per game can vary drastically.

And QBR is bullshit, and it's beneath you to even cite it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats don't tell the whole story, though. They rarely do, if ever.

I'll take Brady, Manning, Rodgers or Brees because of their ability to overcome obstacles, their true grit, ability to adapt, make adjustments and win big games.

Jury is still out on Foles, though he is looking good so far.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yards per game means nothing. With either fast-paced offenses or slow-paced offenses & how well the defense plays the yards per game can vary drastically.

Which is why I did NOT cite it? In fact, I actually AGREE with you that QBR is bullshit.

I NEVER cited QBR. Molsaniceman was the poster who cited QBR and, he used it to criticize, not praise, Foles. I cited passer rating. They are different things.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Foles deserves credit for playing within himself.
but
I really think his coaches deserve a lot of credit as well for not putting him in bad spots & not calling plays out of Playcalling for dummies books like some teams OC's
The eagles coaching staff has surprised me the most this season.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is why I did NOT cite it? In fact, I actually AGREE with you that QBR is bullshit.

I NEVER cited QBR. Molsaniceman was the poster who cited QBR and, he used it to criticize, not praise, Foles. I cited passer rating. They are different things.

Sorry, NinerSickness; I'm an idiot. My apologies for the misdirected reply. I had too many browser tabs open, got confused, and thought you were replying to me rather than to Molsaniceman.

Doh :doh: on me for being dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think nick will be one of the best and is stud in the brady mold. Can't really run but is tall, smart and can pick you apart

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yards per game is actually a pretty good metric. It's an indicator of how much an offense is reliant on the QB. For you to suggest that it means nothing is more revealing of your knowledge of the game than anything.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I know; I was responsing to molsaniceman. I wasn't defending nor promoting Foles in the post; I can just objectively say that yards per game & QBR mean nothing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yards per game is actually a pretty good metric. It's an indicator of how much an offense is reliant on the QB. For you to suggest that it means nothing is more revealing of your knowledge of the game than anything.

nk84.png

A QB's play can have nothing to do with yards per game. If team A chews up a bunch of time on the clock that isn't a reflection of team B's QB play. Also, if a QB plays in a high-tempo offense he's going to have more yards per game. However, he's also going to give the other team more opportunities to be on offense. In short: there are a bunch of factors that are 100% out of the QB's control that affect yards per game. That's why it's an indicator of absolutely nothing.

Yards per attempt is the real indicator of how well the QB is playing.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nk84.png

A QB's play can have nothing to do with yards per game. If team A chews up a bunch of time on the clock that isn't a reflection of team B's QB play. Also, if a QB plays in a high-tempo offense he's going to have more yards per game. However, he's also going to give the other team more opportunities to throw the ball. In short: there are a bunch of factors that are 100% out of the QB's control that affect yards per game. That's why it's an indicator of absolutely nothing.

Yards per attempt are the real indicator of how well the QB is playing.

You can cherry-pick an cite situations to support any stat. A guy goes 4 for 10 with 3 picks and 100 yards. Did he have a good game ? That's 10 YPA which will lead the league just about every year. See how easy that was ? No one stat is the real indicator of QB play any more than you can dismiss one stat as meaningless. I'll tell you what. I'll take 5 QBs from the top 8 in YPG and you get 5 from the bottom 8 in YPG. I'll even let you pick my 5. All other players on each team being equal and I like my chances.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You can cherry-pick an cite situations to support any stat. A guy goes 4 for 10 with 3 picks and 100 yards. Did he have a good game ? That's 10 YPA which will lead the league just about every year. See how easy that was ? No one stat is the real indicator of QB play any more than you can dismiss one stat as meaningless. I'll tell you what. I'll take 5 QBs from the top 8 in YPG and you get 5 from the bottom 8 in YPG. I'll even let you pick my 5. All other players on each team being equal and I like my chances.

I never said YPA is the only stat that indicates whether a QB had a good season or not; but YPA over the course of a season is a good indicator of efficiency. Obviously you also need to look at passer rating, interception percentage (and how many of them were the QB's fault), etc; and there are a million other factors. However, yards per game is not one of those factors. Yards per game is dependent upon WAY too many other variables than a QB's performance.

Yards per game means nothing; YPA is one of the most telling stats of a QB's performance.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said YPA is the only stat that indicates whether a QB had a good season or not; but YPA over the course of a season is a good indicator of efficiency. Obviously you also need to look at passer rating, interception percentage (and how many of them were the QB's fault), etc; and there are a million other factors. However, yards per game is not one of those factors. Yards per game is dependent upon WAY too many other variables than a QB's performance.

Yards per game means nothing; YPA is one of the most telling stats of a QB's performance.

2 actual game logs

QB A 39/59 66% 397 yds 4td/0int 6.73 Y/A 107.8 rate

QB B 17/26 65% 298 0td/0 int 11.46 Y/A 104.3

u can have B Ill take A every time:suds: