• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stats Say Nick Foles Is by Far the Best Quarterback in the NFL

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1848545_G.jpg

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid is just setting records left and right .... pretty soon they're gonna have to water the game down just to contain him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its because he looks like the kid that would let his snot run down to his lip, and then lick it off, without batting an eye.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
takes one to know one. I actually messed up when i was looking at raiders stats and mistook the raiders passing production per game for their defense...luckily none of the einsteins on this board noticed since instead they were trying to be cute. Their defense against the pass is about average, but 7td passes is still quite a feat. Anyway, i learned unknowingly that terrel pryor is not worth a crap as a passer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morons wanna say well that 7 td game was an aberration cause the Raiders pass defense is absolutely garbage. Oh really, Foles was the first guy to throw for over 300 yards against them when he threw for 350. Only 2 other qb's threw for over 200 and they were Peyton(293) and Luck(201). The Rest threw in the hundreds except for Big ben who was held to 82yds. Eli manning recently only threw for 106yds. Their team pass defense is not ranked that highl but neither is any other team that has faced the qb's the Raiders have faced.

Just except it foles has 16 td's in a few games and Vick only had 12 all of last year. Vick totally sucks!!!

Not sure if I have heard anybody bashing Foles. I have heard some in the media questioning whether he can truly become a long term starter in this league. I have heard some compare what he did to that of Flynn a few years back when he had a big game and everybody thought he was the next big free agent quarterback that was going to light the league on fire. We all know how that story ended.

Now to how Foles will do in his career I think he will find success. I wanted the Broncos to draft him instead of Osweiler later in the draft so I think the kid has a lot of promise and he is showing that on the field. We shall see what happens going forward though.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet you Foles is the starter for the next 3 years easy.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles doesn't hold a candle to Mike Glennon. I heard Mike Glennon was a ghost writer for Breaking Bad AND The Wire.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
takes one to know one. I actually messed up when i was looking at raiders stats and mistook the raiders passing production per game for their defense...luckily none of the einsteins on this board noticed since instead they were trying to be cute. Their defense against the pass is about average, but 7td passes is still quite a feat. Anyway, i learned unknowingly that terrel pryor is not worth a crap as a passer.

Knowledge is power, dude - I want to hear someone take a stand against that. lol

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if I have heard anybody bashing Foles. I have heard some in the media questioning whether he can truly become a long term starter in this league. I have heard some compare what he did to that of Flynn a few years back when he had a big game and everybody thought he was the next big free agent quarterback that was going to light the league on fire. We all know how that story ended.

Now to how Foles will do in his career I think he will find success. I wanted the Broncos to draft him instead of Osweiler later in the draft so I think the kid has a lot of promise and he is showing that on the field. We shall see what happens going forward though.

The best part about Flynn was he was playing against a Lions secondary that was so depleted one of the CB's was a 5th string WR.

To the OP, go ahead and like him. You don't have to make up scenarios where people "hate" on him to try to make the Eagles seem more relevant. Nobody is hating on him. You're looking to hype him up. Just do that and save the drama.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it doesn't.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This probably belongs on the Eagles board. Very few people aside from Eagles fans give a crap about Foles one way or the other.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the skins pass D is worse than the raiders so foles should have another big day on sunday:suds:

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another stud performance. Another win.

The kid now has a 100+ QB rating in 5 of his 6 games this season. (130+ in 3 of them)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask people to name the best up-and-coming quarterbacks, the quarterbacks of the future, and you hear names like Kap, Luck, Newton, RG3, and Wilson (in no particular order other than alphabetical).

Ask people to name the already-elite quarterbacks in the NFL, and you hear names like Brady, Brees, Peyton, or Rodgers (in no particular order other than alphabetical).

But stats say that NICK FOLES blows them all away and is not just the best up-and-comer or best future quarterback, but already elite, and hands-down the best quarterback in the NFL.

Total yards are his only "low" stat, and they are low only because Vick was keeping Foles out of games in the first half of the season. Once you adjust yardage for attempts, the stat, like Foles's other stats, becomes sky-high:

yards per attempt 9.04: HIGHEST (#1) in the NFL

Next closest is Rodgers at 8.84.

passer rating 120.0: HIGHEST (#1) in the NFL

There are people already calling Peyton's year "the best quarterback season ever", and yet Peyton's supposed "best quarterback season ever", in second place at 114.5, is still worse than Foles.

TD/INT ratio 20:1 = 20.0: HIGHEST (#1) in the NFL

This is far and away the best TD/INT ratio. No one else is even close. By comparison, Brady is at 21:9 = 2.3, Brees is at 33:8 = 4.1, Peyton is at 45:9 = 5.0, and Rodgers is at 15:4 = 3.8.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles is on fire lately no doubt

but can he continue at this pace?

highly doubt it

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's have him actually play a full season and put up good numbers before we compare him to anyone