• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kylo Ren is the worst Sith ever.
Gets his ass handed to him by non skilled people with a lightsaber.
& comes off as a crybaby. To me he has been a joke of a character.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they mail this one. TFA was ok, TLJ left me disappointed, and now crossing my fingers this last episode of the series can go out with a bang. I was really hoping to somehow get Grand Admiral Thrawn brought into this last trilogy, but not happening apparently.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they mail this one. TFA was ok, TLJ left me disappointed, and now crossing my fingers this last episode of the series can go out with a bang. I was really hoping to somehow get Grand Admiral Thrawn brought into this last trilogy, but not happening apparently.

Didn’t Kaanan close him out?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You watch the Star Wars Rebels show on Disney? He's in that. Yeah, its a cartoon and its pretty cheesy in the 1st season but the show actually gets pretty darn good after those first few episodes. At times, it gets really dark, especially considering its suppose to be a "kids show". I think Disney started it out as a kids show and realized more mature audiences were watching. Definitely worth checking out imo if you've got the time. I guess you'll have to wait for Disney+ to launch in the Fall though because I doubt its streaming anywhere (you could pirate it)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t Kaanan close him out?
he is in the far reaches of the galaxy with Ezra.

While show ended it there, the show runner has since said that they are both alive. Not sure what that means as far as the TRS timeperiod goes, but at least they survived for a while after their jump.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is in the far reaches of the galaxy with Ezra.

While show ended it there, the show runner has since said that they are both alive. Not sure what that means as far as the TRS timeperiod goes, but at least they survived for a while after their jump.

Sure would be nice to see em both show up in Episode IX.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer looks retarded... when I was watching it I thought: "What's Mary Sue going to do? Take out a TIE fighter with her lightsaber now?" And..... yep.

Was the big thing in the water at the end another Death Star blowy up thing? "The saga ends." Thank fucking God. Now fire Kathleen Vader, and release the franchise to someone else that can actually do movies right.

I wonder if Lando will fuck C3PO in this one. I guess that might be entertaining. This is a straight to HBO or Torrent for me. I have zero desire to watch anything from Disney these days except the last Avengers.

Captain Marvel = Nope
Solo = Nope
Black Panther = Nope
Spiderman Homecoming = Nope
Dumbo/Lion King/Aladdin = Nope

Just all the same re-hashed shit 24/7. I guess I'll watch the final Star Wars at some point... I mean at this point you're basically like: "Alright, let's see how this piece of shit ends."
Marvel movies are horrid with few exceptions. Infinity Wars was s complete hodgepodge of jackassitude. They just threw a bunch of shit on the screen to see what sticks. Why are you looking forward to the last one?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel movies are horrid with few exceptions. Infinity Wars was s complete hodgepodge of jackassitude. They just threw a bunch of shit on the screen to see what sticks. Why are you looking forward to the last one?
We all thought we enjoyed the movies before you were able to set us straight.

Please preach on, oh wise one. Please tell us what our opinions should be on other topics as well.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be the best episode of the trilogy which so far has been a disappointment for me so far. I enjoyed the other 2 movies so I was also disappointed that those types of movies are being put on hold.

I think having the guy that started the trilogy come back to close it out (apparently with some help from George Lucas) is a good thing. Johnson and Abrams clearly had different visions. They should have had one writer or team of writers for all 3 movies, preferably with an outline for the entire trilogy before even starting.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still more likable than Rose Tico.

I seem to be in the minority but of all the things I disliked about The Last Jedi, Rose Tico is pretty low on my list, if she's on it at all.

I was pretty indifferent towards her other than that stupid scene at the end where she stops Finn and follows it up with that cringey line.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all thought we enjoyed the movies before you were able to set us straight.

Please preach on, oh wise one. Please tell us what our opinions should be on other topics as well.
“Everyone has a right to an opinion, Karen.”
That’s how you sound.
That movie was objective garbage.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Rey as a Jedi and overall character a good deal. Her story is the only thing that salvaged The Last Jedi (with support from Luke and Kylo Ren)

I have more problems with Kylo Ren. Just not intimidating enough for me. I get the feeling he wants to find love and get laid and sees Rey as the only possible woman in the galaxy that will give him a shot. She "understands" him... ;)

Of course we usually pan to a look of disgust on Rey whenever that possibility even becomes close.

Then your really not going to like Episode IX because Rey & Kylo have been planned together from the start.

Truth is its the only thing that was thought out for the trilogy.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then your really not going to like Episode IX because Rey & Kylo have been planned together from the start.

I'd like to watch them copulate.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The dualism of the two sides is pretty obvious. But we're talking actual sex here. Since I've been re-watching Game of Thrones, having heroes and heroines nude and having sex is
most certainly great but not as part of this light/dark side battle in Star Wars..

I like the conflict and battle of wills between the two a lot. I agree it's best part of the series. It just doesn't have to get physical.

btw I think Kylo needs Rey more than Rey needs Kylo. Let's face it. Rey will always be able to attract potential lovers but I'm not so sure about Kylo.

Last edited:

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dualism of the two sides is pretty obvious. But we're talking actual sex here. Since I've been re-watching Game of Thrones, having heroes and heroines nude and having sex is
most certainly great but not as part of this light/dark side battle in Star Wars..

I like the conflict and battle of wills between the two a lot. I agree it's best part of the series. It just doesn't have to get physical.

btw I think Kylo needs Rey more than Rey needs Kylo. Let's face it. Rey will always be able to attract potential lovers but I'm not so sure about Kylo.

Star Wars is family oriented series geared towards adults and children. Theres no way they will even hint at out and out sex, for that reason. Instead they allude to it so adults can pick up on it and keep kids safe from it.

This moment is as close as you will get to a sex scene in the franchise:
Keep in mind both Rian Johnson, the director and screenwriter, and Mark Hammill both conform it as such.

Not to mention Kylo has been set up as Rey's only love intrest. The first time she sees his face he is made up to look attractive to her and she clearly thinks so.
Her and Finn are more like brother and sister and he has his own LO in Rose. Our heroine just met Poe in the last scene, in the last movie, and he was suppose to die in TFA so I doubt they will scrap the intended romance and crux of the story on a whim.

The entire plot of this trilogy is Ben's redemption and Rey is the main catalyst for him returning to the light which the first chapter of the story hinted at.