• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't remember if there was a thread for it already or not but I'll make a new one for all news, rumors, and talk since today they officially announced the cast.

Star Wars: Episode IX Cast Announced - StarWars.com

The big news is

1) Leia will be in the movie. They are going find a role that fits the story using unused footage from TFA and TLJ. Carrie Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd (also in the sequel movies), gave the go ahead. This seems like the best alternative as opposed to recasting, CGI, or leaving the character out altogether with some off screen rewrite. Hopefully, they are creative enough with the footage to have a proper send off.

2) Mark Hamill is also returning so Luke is most likely gonna be a force ghost

3) As previously reported about 2 weeks ago, Billy Dee Williams is back as Lando.

That's about it to take from the casting. All of the other newer characters from the sequels are back with the exception of Gwyendolyn Christie so it looks like Phasma kicked the bucket after all

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really killed Phasma? What a waste of a character.

They really killed Snoke? What a waste of a character.

They really killed Akbar? What a waste of a character.

They didn’t kill Leia? What a waste of an opportunity.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Leia will be in the movie. They are going find a role that fits the story using unused footage from TFA and TLJ. Carrie Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd (also in the sequel movies), gave the go ahead. This seems like the best alternative as opposed to recasting, CGI, or leaving the character out altogether with some off screen rewrite. Hopefully, they are creative enough with the footage to have a proper send off.

They should have cast Sally Field as Leia.

Sally_Field_Portrait_Session_41925-6f308.jpg

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really killed Phasma? What a waste of a character.

They really killed Snoke? What a waste of a character.

They really killed Akbar? What a waste of a character.

They didn’t kill Leia? What a waste of an opportunity.
You got Alien tittie milk so everything is ok.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This leaked promotional poster has apparently been "confirmed" to be real.

Apparently, C3PO is tired of your shit and has a bowcaster now

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the negative reviews started yet?
Asking for a friend.....

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Title announced at Star Wars Celebration Chicago 2019 as:

The Rise of Skywalker

Teaser (posted here the minute this went up on YouTube! :D I was watching the panel live):

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Title announced at Star Wars Celebration Chicago 2019 as:

The Rise of Skywalker

Teaser (posted here the minute this went up on YouTube! :D I was watching the panel live):

Lol you're fast. Just saw it and was coming to ask you to change the topic title to make it official.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on that title, I see two possibilities...

1) Rey is Luke and Mara’s kid (the fanboy in me is SOOOO rooting for this)

2) The new “Force religion” will be called “Skywalker”. I doubt this is it, but it kinda fits.

Maybe “Skywalker” will refer to Ben? But that is his maternal name. He has never used it himself. Maybe some kind of timey-wimey thing will be used where Luke becomes the mitochondria that impregnated Shmee?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I found neat about the cultural impact of Star Wars;

every single top trend Worldwide on Twitter is currently related to Star Wars

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on that title, I see two possibilities...

1) Rey is Luke and Mara’s kid (the fanboy in me is SOOOO rooting for this)

2) The new “Force religion” will be called “Skywalker”. I doubt this is it, but it kinda fits.

Maybe “Skywalker” will refer to Ben? But that is his maternal name. He has never used it himself. Maybe some kind of timey-wimey thing will be used where Luke becomes the mitochondria that impregnated Shmee?

Don't think its 1. While Ren could have been lying to Rey about her parents being no one, that would kinda be messed up it would basically make TLJ useless. That movie does have faults, but I do like the idea of Rey not being a Skywalker and how it opens up the Force being something others can use.

2 could be a real possibility. Luke did say he thinks the Jedi should end. So the new religion for all force wielders is "Skywalkers"

EDIT: 2 actually make a LOT of sense the more I think about it. The prophecy says the one who brings "balance" to the Force. Well, the Skywalker blood line from what Luke discovers in those texts and then Ben can implement with the help of everyone else ends up doing just that. No Jedi (light side). No Sith (dark side). Everything is in balance with the Force and its practitioners are thus dubbed "Skywalkers" after those who brought balance to the Force

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that was the Emperor laughing at the end of that trailer right?

Twas.

And after the trailer debuts at the convention, the actor (Ian McDiarmid) who plays the Emperor came out on stage. PALPATINE IS BACK, BITCHES!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lulz

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer looks retarded... when I was watching it I thought: "What's Mary Sue going to do? Take out a TIE fighter with her lightsaber now?" And..... yep.

Was the big thing in the water at the end another Death Star blowy up thing? "The saga ends." Thank fucking God. Now fire Kathleen Vader, and release the franchise to someone else that can actually do movies right.

I wonder if Lando will fuck C3PO in this one. I guess that might be entertaining. This is a straight to HBO or Torrent for me. I have zero desire to watch anything from Disney these days except the last Avengers.

Captain Marvel = Nope
Solo = Nope
Black Panther = Nope
Spiderman Homecoming = Nope
Dumbo/Lion King/Aladdin = Nope

Just all the same re-hashed shit 24/7. I guess I'll watch the final Star Wars at some point... I mean at this point you're basically like: "Alright, let's see how this piece of shit ends."

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer looks retarded... when I was watching it I thought: "What's Mary Sue going to do? Take out a TIE fighter with her lightsaber now?" And..... yep.

Was the big thing in the water at the end another Death Star blowy up thing? "The saga ends." Thank fucking God. Now fire Kathleen Vader, and release the franchise to someone else that can actually do movies right.

I wonder if Lando will fuck C3PO in this one. I guess that might be entertaining. This is a straight to HBO or Torrent for me. I have zero desire to watch anything from Disney these days except the last Avengers.

Captain Marvel = Nope
Solo = Nope
Black Panther = Nope
Spiderman Homecoming = Nope
Dumbo/Lion King/Aladdin = Nope

Just all the same re-hashed shit 24/7. I guess I'll watch the final Star Wars at some point... I mean at this point you're basically like: "Alright, let's see how this piece of shit ends."

I think you look retarded.