• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i dont get though is in the original movies the Death Star is just being built and its not completed when its blown up. Is supposed to be a different one is this movie?
The Death Star was completed in the first movie.

The second Death Star was under construction in the third movie.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Death Star was completed in the first movie.

The second Death Star was under construction in the third movie.

so technically there are 2 Death Stars?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably closer to 1.75, but yes, there are two distinct Death Stars.

ok, I get it now. Just was messing it up since the original one (original movies) it wasn't "completed" I am finally getting the whole "going back in time thing" with these new movies

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, I get it now. Just was messing it up since the original one (original movies) it wasn't "completed" I am finally getting the whole "going back in time thing" with these new movies
In the first movie, the Death Star was completed and fully operational.

In the third movie, it was still under construction, but it had its weapons systems online.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the first movie, the Death Star was completed and fully operational.

In the third movie, it was still under construction, but it had its weapons systems online.

the "original" first movie... OR the "first" movie of the new series?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogue One should have been released before Force Awakens imo. I would have been a lot more impressed by their efforts had I not seen the Dark Side get a massive victory not 1 year previous using a bigger, badder deathstar.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogue One should have been released before Force Awakens imo. I would have been a lot more impressed by their efforts had I not seen the Dark Side get a massive victory not 1 year previous using a bigger, badder deathstar.

No way. It would've fallen flat on its face because there are so many people who have never seen the originals.

The Force Awakens brought the hype train back in full force.

For me personally? I agree with you, but it just wouldn't have worked.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just love the neck beards who freak out over every little thing they thought was wrong with it. Stop overthinking it and enjoy the damn movie.

This movie wasn't heavy on character development because that wasn't its purpose. You're supposed to have A New Hope sitting in the back of your mind at all times during the movie. The characters who matter have already been developed and they're waiting for all these sumbitches to get the job done so they can go kick ass.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. It would've fallen flat on its face because there are so many people who have never seen the originals.

The Force Awakens brought the hype train back in full force.

For me personally? I agree with you, but it just wouldn't have worked.

I still am not a guy who believes the first one actually told any story like Rogue One did

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still am not a guy who believes the first one actually told any story like Rogue One did

Well I mean it intertwined the old with the new and set up Star Wars for another decade long reign over the box office.

I thought it was a great movie and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Happens with Kylo Ren and Rey.

Especially interested in seeing what happens with Luke, who is clearly the most powerful Jedi left.

Ren was clearly shocked when he felt his power leave him after he killed his father (we're not worried about spoilers on that anymore, right?) because he thought it would remove his internal conflict. That and getting shot by that badass bow weapon Chewie had left him vulnerable to Rey in that fight. He also didn't want to kill her, he wanted to turn her because he saw how powerful she could be, and that's why he lost.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I mean it intertwined the old with the new and set up Star Wars for another decade long reign over the box office.

I thought it was a great movie and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Happens with Kylo Ren and Rey.

Especially interested in seeing what happens with Luke, who is clearly the most powerful Jedi left.

Ren was clearly shocked when he felt his power leave him after he killed his father (we're not worried about spoilers on that anymore, right?) because he thought it would remove his internal conflict. That and getting shot by that badass bow weapon Chewie had left him vulnerable to Rey in that fight. He also didn't want to kill her, he wanted to turn her because he saw how powerful she could be, and that's why he lost.

It was a good movie but to me it did nothing to tell the story how things started like Rogue One did. Is Ren going to be in the next one? We know every character in Rogue One (with the exception of a very limited few) won't be back.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good movie but to me it did nothing to tell the story how things started like Rogue One did. Is Ren going to be in the next one? We know every character in Rogue One (with the exception of a very limited few) won't be back.
Kylo is now a major character in the universe. He will absolutely be in VIII. He is a descendant of Anakin, so that alone guarantees his continuation in the series, seeing as the entire saga is about the Skywalker lineage (the one-offs are just movies set in that universe).

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kylo is now a major character in the universe. He will absolutely be in VIII. He is a descendant of Anakin, so that alone guarantees his continuation in the series, seeing as the entire saga is about the Skywalker lineage (the one-offs are just movies set in that universe).

Meant to say "Rey" not Ren

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say "Rey" not Ren
Rey is also a major character. There are lots of rumors about who she is, most involve her being a Skywalker, in one fashion or another.

My favorite...

Rey is Anakin, reincarnated.