• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They definitely succeeded in drumming up some significant hype for the movie between the return of Lando and Palpatine and the speculation inducing title. I'm inclined at this point to think that the title is going to be a reference to the new generation of force-users will be called the Skywalkers.

With JJ back in charge something that I suspect will be addressed that isn't getting much attention right now is Obi-Wan's presence in Rey's force vision in TFA. In the Star Wars universe a detail like that usually is connected to the story again, and we don't have anything else yet to connect Rey and Obi-Wan. I think he would have stuck to the old ways enough not to have fathered a kid between ROTS and ANH, but she could be related to a previously unknown (in movieverse) sibling. That would make Rey's line in TLJ about her parents being nobodies true...from a certain point of view.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they can do better than a 2 hour slow speed chase in space.

Leia: Sister of one of the greatest Jedi.
Leia: Leader of the rebellion.
Leia: Infiltrator/spy.
Leia: Sexy chick.
Leia: Badass chick that takes out stormtroopers and talks back to Tarkin/Vader.

Leia: Forgot to fill up the fucking ship with gas.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
56935171_2248862838506526_9122504244576911360_n.jpg

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see a very good Star Wars movie in the theaters in my lifetime. I know my wife will want to see this so I'm going to see it but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the saga as a whole.

Going on to Ranker to see your average joe's favorite Star Wars character and Rey clocks in at #21 and Rey is literally all over the promos for all of the new Star Wars merchandise for years. They need to fix Rey or else this whole thing is going to blow away and be forgotten in a couple of years. This movie pretty much has to be about Rey in a meaningful way.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see a very good Star Wars movie in the theaters in my lifetime. I know my wife will want to see this so I'm going to see it but I'm pretty underwhelmed by the saga as a whole.

Going on to Ranker to see your average joe's favorite Star Wars character and Rey clocks in at #21 and Rey is literally all over the promos for all of the new Star Wars merchandise for years. They need to fix Rey or else this whole thing is going to blow away and be forgotten in a couple of years. This movie pretty much has to be about Rey in a meaningful way.
In no particular order (without checking the site)...

Luke
Han
Obi-one
Palpatine
Vader/Annakin
Leia
Maul
Yoda
Lando
Chewie

Um...

C3PO
R2D2

Uh...

Wicket??
Windu??
Amadala?
Boba Fett?? (Most over-rated character ever)
Jaba?

I am no Rey fan, but 20 characters rated above her without digging into the alternate material is pretty tough...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order (without checking the site)...

Luke
Han
Obi-one
Palpatine
Vader/Annakin
Leia
Maul
Yoda
Lando
Chewie

Um...

C3PO
R2D2

Uh...

Wicket??
Windu??
Amadala?
Boba Fett?? (Most over-rated character ever)
Jaba?

I am no Rey fan, but 20 characters rated above her without digging into the alternate material is pretty tough...
We Asked People To Rank 190 Star Wars Characters, And Jar Jar Binks Was Somehow Not Voted The Worst
Jabba should be much higher than 19.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer looks retarded... when I was watching it I thought: "What's Mary Sue going to do? Take out a TIE fighter with her lightsaber now?" And..... yep.

Was the big thing in the water at the end another Death Star blowy up thing? "The saga ends." Thank fucking God. Now fire Kathleen Vader, and release the franchise to someone else that can actually do movies right.

This I totally agree with you on this one right here. Kathleen has messed up a what was it $4B purchase of star wars IP because she had no long term coherent plan. at least that I can see from the results. Marvel, otoh, was the master at building up slowly and keeping the movies telling interconnected, coherent stories over time. TFA and TLJ almost cancel each other out and now TRS will probably ignore TLJ since JJ is back in charge. What a mess. Just make a damn outline of a connected story that you hand off to the directors so they don't just make up stuff on the go...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Rey as a Jedi and overall character a good deal. Her story is the only thing that salvaged The Last Jedi (with support from Luke and Kylo Ren)

I have more problems with Kylo Ren. Just not intimidating enough for me. I get the feeling he wants to find love and get laid and sees Rey as the only possible woman in the galaxy that will give him a shot. She "understands" him... ;)

Of course we usually pan to a look of disgust on Rey whenever that possibility even becomes close.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, in Episode IX, Keylo & Rey really need to fuck....hard & often.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told, in Episode IX, Keylo & Rey really need to fuck....hard & often.

And the black main character who has so little to do with the overall story, along with his racially inclusive asian girlfriend need to fuck........ right off out of the film.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the black main character who has so little to do with the overall story, along with his racially inclusive asian girlfriend need to fuck........ right off out of the film.

Token black guy.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or all the triggered snowflakes could just finish melting and shut the fuck up.

Heh.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Rey as a Jedi and overall character a good deal. Her story is the only thing that salvaged The Last Jedi (with support from Luke and Kylo Ren)

I have more problems with Kylo Ren. Just not intimidating enough for me. I get the feeling he wants to find love and get laid and sees Rey as the only possible woman in the galaxy that will give him a shot. She "understands" him... ;)

Of course we usually pan to a look of disgust on Rey whenever that possibility even becomes close.
I don't think Kylo Ren is supposed to be intimidating although Ren being an incel makes about as much sense as anything else at this point. The main issue with Kylo Ren and Rey is that their progression in The Last Jedi is a complete re-write of who they are.

Once Kylo Ren unleashes the Star Killer, he should be true evil for the purposes of how everyone views him. There really isnt any coming back from that.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad about missing the last 2 star wars movies but got really bad for me and by the looks I havent missed anything.

Will not see this unless it gets reviews that are decent.

I want too but spending 100 at movies for shit writing and sjw bull shit ain't in cards. Fool me once type thing. Only they did it ever movie since episode 4