• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey is also a major character. There are lots of rumors about who she is, most involve her being a Skywalker, in one fashion or another.

My favorite...

Rey is Anakin, reincarnated.

That's what I am thinking as well (your spoiler). She has to come back. Just wish they did a better job saying how she "fit" into the whole plot

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently saw it. I'd give it 3/4 stars. I wouldn't mind seeing more Star Wars movies that include less Jedi. *cough* Boba Fett standalone *cough*. War movies are an apt comparison, the rebels attire made them look a bit like Vietnam soldiers. I can see why some folks wouldn't like it, but if you're a Star Wars fan like me then I think you'll love it.

Two words: Darth Vader. Was only in the movie for 5 minutes but God, those 5 minutes were glorious.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recently saw it. I'd give it 3/4 stars. I wouldn't mind seeing more Star Wars movies that include less Jedi. *cough* Boba Fett standalone *cough*. War movies are an apt comparison, the rebels attire made them look a bit like Vietnam soldiers. I can see why some folks wouldn't like it, but if you're a Star Wars fan like me then I think you'll love it.

Two words: Darth Vader. Was only in the movie for 5 minutes but God, those 5 minutes were glorious.

You got that right.... Showed his true power!

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone tell me since the Rebels have the plans to the Death Star then how did the empire manage to rebuild it in Return of the Jedi since pretty much the scientist and architect that built the first one were all killed?

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be an excellent pairing.
rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-director-gareth-edwards-wants-8687158.png

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, what Obiwan did between Episodes 3 and 4 doesn't really interest me all that much, nor does a stand-alone Han Solo movie, but I'd be sure to see both since they are Star Wars movies.

The difference between a Han Solo standalone and a Obiwan standalone is that I'm more interested in the Han Solo character but not really interested in seeing another actor playing a younger version of him. In the case of Obiwan, I'm not that interested in the character but would love to see Ewan McGregor be brought back to play him again.

If he proves to be Rey's grandfather after all then that could make things interesting. Also we might see a final showdown against Darth Maul, one of the other bright spots from the prequels.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, what Obiwan did between Episodes 3 and 4 doesn't really interest me all that much, nor does a stand-alone Han Solo movie, but I'd be sure to see both since they are Star Wars movies.

The difference between a Han Solo standalone and a Obiwan standalone is that I'm more interested in the Han Solo character but not really interested in seeing another actor playing a younger version of him. In the case of Obiwan, I'm not that interested in the character but would love to see Ewan McGregor be brought back to play him again.

If he proves to be Rey's grandfather after all then that could make things interesting. Also we might see a final showdown against Darth Maul, one of the other bright spots from the prequels.
They would need to explain how Maul survived.

I am trying to watch the Clone Wars cartoon, and intend on watching Rebels eventually as well. But I don't read the comics (maybe I should). I am aware Maul survived, but I have no idea how, and I would be totally lost if they don't focus on that aspect.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would need to explain how Maul survived.

I am trying to watch the Clone Wars cartoon, and intend on watching Rebels eventually as well. But I don't read the comics (maybe I should). I am aware Maul survived, but I have no idea how, and I would be totally lost if they don't focus on that aspect.

Agreed. They can't assume that everyone has read the books or watched The Clone Wars. Even though they know most fans probably heard he survived, they would at least need a quick explanation in the movie if he were to appear.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was tremendously well done. Probably my favorite Star Wars movie so far (haven't seen the Last Jedi yet). I'll see that next Christmas.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
>Probably my favorite Star Wars movie so far
You have shit taste

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there's going to be a second time?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it's my easily favorite of the Disney Star Wars movies and probably my favorite since the original trilogy.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty meh in my opinion. I don't remember any of the characters because they all sucked (and there was too many), did they REALLY need to show Carrie Fisher at the end? I didn't understand what Forest Whitaker's character was doing at all and the planet sequence he was in was 'meh'. I thought the plot would be a great espionage movie, kind of like a heist where they have to plan out a bunch of ways to infiltrate things, etc. But instead it was another blowy up stuff action movie.

The fact the Death Star was blowing up stuff in this film didn't make sense either since it seems heavily implied that Alderaan was the first planet to be blown up (NOBODY heard about the Death Star blowing up stuff prior to this? C'mon... NOBODY that got off the planet radio'd to SOMEONE saying, "Uh the Empire has this giant blowy up thing")

Darth Vader was cool to watch I guess. Least it probably wont be as shitty as the Solo movie.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen it, but if the "Resistance" characters are anything like the ones in Last Jedi, I'll pass. Half that movie played like a tampon commercial.