• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2021

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it Lambert and Stievers will pitch as starters in AAA and be called up for spot starts with the White Sox. So no spot starts for Crochet of Kopech.

Just checked - Lance Lynn three 2 perfect innings against the Giants today - with 3 Ks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 losses and 3 ties ... worst in majors. THAT's the way to excite your fans. :lm:
Never sweat the ST record. Most of the garbage the Sox pitching have given up are from the scrubs who won't touch the majors any time soon.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never sweat the ST record. Most of the garbage the Sox pitching have given up are from the scrubs who won't touch the majors any time soon.
i never sweat spring games. but aren't all the clubs using their scrubs who won't touch the majors? are the sox scrubs the worst scrubs? and isn't that sad? :rant:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never sweat spring games. but aren't all the clubs using their scrubs who won't touch the majors? are the sox scrubs the worst scrubs? and isn't that sad? :rant:
Ok. so their garbage is better than our garbage. I can live with that.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 losses and 3 ties ... worst in majors. THAT's the way to excite your fans. :lm:

We won on Reynaldo Lopez day.

Just give us the f*cking trophy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I never get worked up over ST losses, I don't likewise with wins. I do however like to take away what positives I see, such as:

*Happy that ReyLo went two whole innings without giving up a run!!!
*I thought lefty Bernardo Flores Jr, who tossed three shutout innings, had a shot at making the cut due to Jace Fry's injury - that is, until the Sox all but formally announced that both Kopech and Crochet are in.
*Leury already seems to be in midseason form.
*I'm guessing Robert can't wait for the regular season to begin.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 inning games start today - time to get a little more serious about establishing a winning tradition.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 inning games start today - time to get a little more serious about establishing a winning tradition.
Depends, amigo. If they continue to throw in scrubs who are destined for the minors, then we can only take it so seriously. So far, on the pitching side, I like what I see from those who will be on the roster. Not so thrilled with the bats to date, dat's fo' shizzle.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of things impressed me watching the Sox play SD yesterday. Yermin Mercedes caught the whole game and looked good behind the plate. One play in particular - he back handed a pitch in the dirt from Crochet and threw a strike to 2nd on a steal attempt - too late but very close play. Merecedes also got his 6th rbi of the spring with a double off the wall. His catching has improved about 1,000 per cent since I last looked at him behind the plate. It looks like he got the Lance Lynn seal of approval yesterday too.

Kopech looked in command and relaxed in a masterful one inning performance. I was very impressed with is approach and the command he was showing on his pitches.

Another guy who has looked good this spring - and has been given tons of ABs is Micker Adolfo. This guy has really grown up from when he was signed into a mountain of a man. His swing is a little long, but fixable. He field the position well. Adolfo may force his way back into prospect consideration this summer.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the inning Kopech pitched on YouTube. He looked casually sharp, as in getting his pitches up in the high 90's with good control and seemingly little effort. The play of the inning tho was Vaughn's scoop of a bad throw from whoever was playing 3b at that point.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh Michael Kopech...The guy who gives us one ST inning in 3 years and we put him in the "so long as he doesn't get injured" HOF nomination status.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh Michael Kopech...The guy who gives us one ST inning in 3 years and we put him in the "so long as he doesn't get injured" HOF nomination status.
Yas says howdy.

1615405460239.png

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First cuts:

No real surprises here, perhaps with one exception. Kade McClure fared pretty well during his limited time down there. The silver lining for him is at least he's earned a spot at the alternate training site in Schaumburg, and if he continues to impress, he should end up landing in Charlotte at some point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First cuts:

No real surprises here, perhaps with one exception. Kade McClure fared pretty well during his limited time down there. The silver lining for him is at least he's earned a spot at the alternate training site in Schaumburg, and if he continues to impress, he should end up landing in Charlotte at some point.
McClure and Mitch Tribinski were HS teammates. FWIW

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClure and Mitch Tribinski were HS teammates. FWIW
Really? Wow, one of those cool little tidbits. Now let's just hope McClure has more success with the White Sox than his counterpart has had with the Bears. :whoo:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Wow, one of those cool little tidbits. Now let's just hope McClure has more success with the White Sox than his counterpart has had with the Bears. :whoo:
McClure's dad was a QB in college and for his one game pro career (officially the best one game career in NFL history) - McClure's Dad was the HC of the HS football team in Cleveland where Tribinski was the QB and McClure was the WR.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battle for the 5th spot in the rotation? Pffft, there's no battle.

The reason there's no real battle says it all right here:

Rodón, who signed a major league deal to return to the White Sox after he was non-tendered early in the offseason, has seemed the favorite if for nothing more than the realities of roster construction. López has options remaining, and Rodón is guaranteed $3 million, an investment that would strike as unusual should he not make the Opening Day roster.

And as the article goes on to state, we're not talking an either/or situation for making the team itself, just the rotation. Assuming Rodón is healthy, which is not that safe of an assumption, the #5 spot is his.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Jiddy can say what he wants, but there is no doubt Grandal is intangible this spring training thus far.

I thought Tim Beckham would push Danny Mendick this spring. Until a couple of days ago - I thought Beckham didn't show up, but he has one of those oblique muscle strains - that I could never have because I don't even have that muscle.

I think I might steal Andrew Vaughn from @idseer's fantasy baseball team. Vaughn is a serious baseball player!

I continue to marvel at Leuery Garcia - and his 10 year tenure with the White Sox. I don't think you could invent this guy and what he brings to the team - if you tried.