• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2021

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't believe it. maybe something behind the scenes we don't know. but i know sure as hell collins will revert to his old self once the season starts. if lucroy isn't hurt or a complete jerk they should NOT have let him go.

last spring collins hit .364.
I think the major part of this is that Collins improved his catching tremendously - with the knee on the ground technique. In addition, when you announce you are having a competition for the back up catcher - it is hard to not give the job to the guy who won. But lastly, Collins is a #1 pick - a lefty with a power bat - and that produces the twin greeds of White Sox front office - proving them are smart in their draft picks and finding a missing piece which is left handed power.

Lucroy didn't play badly - and will likely catch on somewhere - he just didn't win the competition.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't believe it. maybe something behind the scenes we don't know. but i know sure as hell collins will revert to his old self once the season starts. if lucroy isn't hurt or a complete jerk they should NOT have let him go.

last spring collins hit .364.
I think the major part of this is that Collins improved his catching tremendously - with the knee on the ground technique. In addition, when you announce you are having a competition for the back up catcher - it is hard to not give the job to the guy who won. But lastly, Collins is a #1 pick - a lefty with a power bat - and that produces the twin greeds of White Sox front office - proving them are smart in their draft picks and finding a missing piece which is left handed power.

Lucroy didn't play badly - and will likely catch on somewhere - he just didn't win the competition.
I'm pulling for your take Mingo, but I'm fearing iddy may be right. I suppose one would have to think that Collins proved himself sufficiently with both the glove and bat for the Sox to have cut Lucroy. And as you so correctly infer, it's almost a given that any team, not just the Sox, but any team feels they need to justify a 1st round pick. I'll be watching and rooting for Collins and his LH bat big time, but it will likely be with one eye squinted.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm starting to believe in cease.
Keep believing brutha id!!!

The man had a good outing today:
5.1 innings
6 hits
1 ER (HR)
11 K
0 BB

I highlighted those last two for obvious reasons. 11 Ks in just over 5 innings is of course super impressive, but we all know Dylan's big bugaboo has been giving up those walks. So to me, that was the more important stat for him today. And while I'm no Rockies roster expert, it does appear that most of their starters were in the game when he was pitching. Let's hope this carries over into his next start, when the games actually matter.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1