• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2021

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to admit, so far Rodon, who was super high on my doubt list, has been proving his worth to be penciled in as the 5th starter come regular season. 3 innings, 1 hit, 4 Ks 0 BB. And aside from Tatis resting, he faced most of SD's starting lineup.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13 more Sox wannabees sent packing:

To AAA:
Jimmy Lambert
Jonathan Stiever
Zack Burdi
Tyler Johnson
Bernardo Flores Jr
Blake Rutherford
Gavin Sheets
Seby Zavala

To AA:
Jake Burger
Micker Adolfo

To WS Minicamp:
Félix Paulino
Mike Wright
Kodi Medeiros

No surprises in this batch.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad outing by Keuchel today. Not sure if he was just testing out some pitches or if there should be any cause for alarm. Not too far away from opening day.
4th error of the Spring by TA. Some things never change.
A couple of dingers by Engel and Vaughn, respectively.
Cody's starting to look like da man.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zach Collins is at the tipping point of taking the back up catcher duties from Lucroy. Okay - you can all start crying now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Zach Collins is at the tipping point of taking the back up catcher duties from Lucroy. Okay - you can all start crying now.
No crying here, amigo. If all else was equal, I'd just as soon go with Collins, being that he brings a lefty bat and at least some potential power to the equation, not to mention it would be a hell of a waste of a one time 1st round pick if he were to ultimately end up as a bust. But altho he's had a decent Spring so far by leading the team in BA, he's otherwise not come close to his draft status, especially with the glove. To me, the back up catcher spot should weigh heavily on defense first. If he makes the cut, I'd like to think the Sox kept him as much for his game calling as his bat.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No crying here, amigo. If all else was equal, I'd just as soon go with Collins, being that he brings a lefty bat and at least some potential power to the equation, not to mention it would be a hell of a waste of a one time 1st round pick if he were to ultimately end up as a bust. But altho he's had a decent Spring so far by leading the team in BA, he's otherwise not come close to his draft status, especially with the glove. To me, the back up catcher spot should weigh heavily on defense first. If he makes the cut, I'd like to think the Sox kept him as much for his game calling as his bat.
Collins has improved considerably behind the plate. He has changed his catching stance and improved his pitch framing - this week he got praised in the press by Giolito (which crystalized the thought I expressed above).

I agree - if his catching is good enough - his LH bat and power potential is an asset to the team.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not at all worried about the backup catcher spot...If the backup sucks historically bad we send them down for another one. We just need much better production out of the DH rotation...so if backup catcher was some sort of importance in that equation, then I'd be annoyed. But it won't be so meh.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Sox weakness is universally described as depth - if guys like Moncada - Anderson - Abreu - Jimenez or Robert have injury problems. I'd have to say this spring Nick Williams and Matt Reynolds have both looked good - assuming they are willing to play in AAA until needed. Also - the Sox have withheld dollars - that could be spent later in the season to plug holes.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that La Russa seems to like batting Moncada in cleanup while Renteria used him as the #2 hitter. At cleanup Moncada can swing away and be more aggressive while 2nd batter traditionally hits more defensively.

oldmaninthedesert702

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a smart one....
VAIL, Colo. -- A minor league baseball player is facing drug charges after police in Colorado found 21 pounds of methamphetamine and 1.2 pounds of oxycodone pills in his Chicago Cubs duffel bag.

The Vail Daily reports Jesus Camargo-Corrales, 25, of Tempe, Arizona, appeared in Eagle County Court on Thursday on charges including unlawful distribution of methamphetamine and oxycodone, both class 1 drug felonies, as well as charges of unlawful possession of each drug, both class 4 drug felonies.

The Major League Baseball website says Camargo-Corrales, a pitcher, was first signed to a minor league contract with the Chicago Cubs in 2014, and was assigned to the South Bend Cubs in February.

"We are aware of the arrest of one our minor league players," said Julian Green, senior vice president of communications at Chicago Cubs. "We are investigating this matter and cannot provide additional comment until we have further details.''

He was ordered held on $75,000 bond by Judge Rachel Olguin-Fresquez.

The Eagle County jail confirmed he was still in custody as of Saturday. It's unclear if Camargo-Corrales has an attorney who can speak on his behalf.
1616277572120.png

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the T-shirts I've seen - it is the White Sox fans who are the drug dealers.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the T-shirts I've seen - it is the White Sox fans who are the drug dealers.

The churros are a front.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox are playing the regulars more and are 7-2-2 in the last 11 games. I am one who thinks you need to have some winning momentum entering the season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to wonder if Danny Mendick has a spot on this White Sox team. La Russa seems to want to keep Billy Hamilton - Vaughn as been playing 3rd and 1st base - Leuery Garcia plays outfield 2nd and SS. That would make Medick the odd man out. This is especially true if Zach Collins plays himself onto the team as a 3rd catcher/ 1st baseman.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm beginning to wonder if Danny Mendick has a spot on this White Sox team. La Russa seems to want to keep Billy Hamilton - Vaughn as been playing 3rd and 1st base - Leuery Garcia plays outfield 2nd and SS. That would make Medick the odd man out. This is especially true if Zach Collins plays himself onto the team as a 3rd catcher/ 1st baseman.
You might be onto something. And the thing is Danny hasn't exactly helped himself this Spring. It's not that I place a ton of emphasis on ST stats, but if you're fighting for a spot on the roster, it sure doesn't help by batting below the Mendoza line.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox are playing the regulars more and are 7-2-2 in the last 11 games. I am one who thinks you need to have some winning momentum entering the season.

I didn't need a spring training record to know we're gonna kick some serious ass in the regular season...THAT is a surety...Just still not sure what kind of jump we're gonna make as far as the whole enchilada. Anticipation is "into the stratosphere"...but reality can sometimes disappoint.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't need a spring training record to know we're gonna kick some serious ass in the regular season...THAT is a surety...Just still not sure what kind of jump we're gonna make as far as the whole enchilada. Anticipation is "into the stratosphere"...but reality can sometimes disappoint.
sometimes???