• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2021

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eloy proving once again he's got no feel for the position. if ever i've seen a guy destined for dh it has to be eloy.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop that! Or.... Cease that! You are the jinxster of all time.

Don't stop him...He went on about how Eloy has no feel for his position...Next day he's out 6 months because he didn't have feel for his position...This is the universe balancing. Cease 2020 - One for the ages.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately not :rip: (he'd be 95). that's your proof? bwaaaahahahaha mingo thinks i killed billy pierce! LOL
You weren't lucky for him ;) LOL

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaughn didn't look bad in LF - not much of a sampling though. It appears Tony the Tiger wants him to get used to LF. Just supposing Vaughn plays LF on a regular basis and Zach Collins DH's an a regular basis - that would likely replace Eloy's 45 HRs with 25 (by Vaughn) and 20 (by Collins).

I would also say Engel seems ready to have more ABs too when his Hammy cools down.

I hate that Eloy will be benched most of this year - and let's face it - will be rusty if he turns by Mid Sept - which is the good prognosis, but if the Sox have good luck with the starting pitching it will still be a better injury year than last year.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaughn didn't look bad in LF - not much of a sampling though. It appears Tony the Tiger wants him to get used to LF. Just supposing Vaughn plays LF on a regular basis and Zach Collins DH's an a regular basis - that would likely replace Eloy's 45 HRs with 25 (by Vaughn) and 20 (by Collins).

I would also say Engel seems ready to have more ABs too when his Hammy cools down.

I hate that Eloy will be benched most of this year - and let's face it - will be rusty if he turns by Mid Sept - which is the good prognosis, but if the Sox have good luck with the starting pitching it will still be a better injury year than last year.
ummmmm. i don't think that's how it works. adding vaughn's hrs and collins's means no homeruns from one of those positions. the team will not make up for eloy hr's unless they sign someone else who can hit 35-40 hrs.

frankly i think the team has enough hr production even without eloy. i think of all the 'big guns' on the team (abreu, robert, moncada and anderson) eloy's departure might be the one they could most afford.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thru 5 he looks great. wish i could say the same for grandal who can't seem to stop a ball in the dirt to save his life. score card will show 2 wild pitches but with any decent catcher there'd be none.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ummmmm. i don't think that's how it works. adding vaughn's hrs and collins's means no homeruns from one of those positions. the team will not make up for eloy hr's unless they sign someone else who can hit 35-40 hrs.

frankly i think the team has enough hr production even without eloy. i think of all the 'big guns' on the team (abreu, robert, moncada and anderson) eloy's departure might be the one they could most afford.
Your 2nd thought is my point. Your 1st thought is true if compared to this spring training team, but not true if compared to last year's lineup. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just one inning but man, gio looks really good! hope you're all catching the game.
Giolito is ready for the season - I'm excited to see him on opening day.

Also - today - signs that Abreu and Anderson are bearing down to get ready for the opener.