• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on both players. I remember how horrible Steele was in his first season. Of course he was an UDFA who was forced to start week 1 due to injury so not too unexpected, but he has come a long way

I think we are looking at $10M per for Pollard. The going rate for top RBs likely would be $13M plus (CMC way above that). Him being in a split situation should save us a few million. Hopefully it comes in closer to the number you wrote which I do think is fair for a guy who won’t be asked to be a bell cow. If he does want $10M or more I lean towards just keeping the tag on him and seeing how he bounces back from injury And revisiting next year.
Once the team has already tagged him at $10M, the only way I see them signing him for less than $10M per is if he gets most of the deal guaranteed

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if he is going to compare last year's squad to the 90's teams, comparing Dak to Brady is in the same ballpark
The 90’s Bills teams that went to the SB 4 years in a row would wipe the floor with last years team, let alone the 90’s Cowboys. Sometimes I have to think Jerry says that crap for headlines and nothing more.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 90’s Bills teams that went to the SB 4 years in a row would wipe the floor with last years team, let alone the 90’s Cowboys. Sometimes I have to think Jerry says that crap for headlines and nothing more.
For reporters, those bus media sessions are pure gold. For we fans, it's cringe inducing and rampant with pain.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the would

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on both players. I remember how horrible Steele was in his first season. Of course he was an UDFA who was forced to start week 1 due to injury so not too unexpected, but he has come a long way

I think we are looking at $10M per for Pollard. The going rate for top RBs likely would be $13M plus (CMC way above that). Him being in a split situation should save us a few million. Hopefully it comes in closer to the number you wrote which I do think is fair for a guy who won’t be asked to be a bell cow. If he does want $10M or more I lean towards just keeping the tag on him and seeing how he bounces back from injury And revisiting next year.
Dallas is ready to place the second-round tender on Steele to keep him in the Cowboys, according to Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. That’s because the offensive tackle will only be a restricted free agent for having three accrued seasons. Other rivals can still make offers to him, but Dallas have the option to match them. The contract would be worth 4.3 million dollars.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is ready to place the second-round tender on Steele to keep him in the Cowboys, according to Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. That’s because the offensive tackle will only be a restricted free agent for having three accrued seasons. Other rivals can still make offers to him, but Dallas have the option to match them. The contract would be worth 4.3 million dollars.
If I were another team I would sign him in a heart beat. Cowboys should have used the 1st round tender

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were another team I would sign him in a heart beat. Cowboys should have used the 1st round tender
Yeah, I don’t really get this. We can match of course, but instead of paying a couple million more for next year with the first round tender, we may end up paying him more than double that. Hopefully this one works out for us. I’d prefer to just lock him up long term right now but worry what some other team may offer him

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don’t really get this. We can match of course, but instead of paying a couple million more for next year with the first round tender, we may end up paying him more than double that. Hopefully this one works out for us. I’d prefer to just lock him up long term right now but worry what some other team may offer him
Really another strange move by this club. If I'm the Bears, and I have extra picks and tons of cap space and a bad OL, I jump on Steele for a 2nd round tender and offer him top 3 RT money and really put the Cowboys in a bind

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we put Pollard on the tag only to extend the time to sign him long term. By start of season I would be surprised if he is playing on the tag. He'll cost us more, but less for this season once a long term deal is done.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News reports no progress made with LVE or Wilson.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steele's injury may cause other teams to not invest. Not bashing Steele who proved me wrong. The only young player that got noticably better under the previous OL coach. I am starting to think that had more to do with Steele's crazy wing span than coaching.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News reports no progress made with LVE or Wilson.
Wilson could be very expensive.. Cowboys could be getting several comp picks when Wilson,Schultz ,LVE leave. LVE would have best chance to return out of the 3. LVE has that injury history

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really another strange move by this club. If I'm the Bears, and I have extra picks and tons of cap space and a bad OL, I jump on Steele for a 2nd round tender and offer him top 3 RT money and really put the Cowboys in a bind
If I remember correctly the Cowboys were called by multiple teams last off-season who were interested in Steele

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly the Cowboys were called by multiple teams last off-season who were interested in Steele
Steele is a Heck of a run blocker. Once he went out the run gane wasn't the same. I know the Cowboys love him, but I just worry Jerry and Stephen are trying to get too cute again. The only reason you place a 2nd round tender instead of a 1st is it saves you pay him $3M this year instead of $5-6M. I hope it doesn't bite them in the butt.
Side note..you know who would be sharp enough to sign him? Freaking Roseman from the Eagles. Remember when he jumped in front of us to take Dallas Goedert? Now, their RT Lane Johnson is about to retire. They could sign Steele to a massive deal and only give up a 2nd for him or force the Cowboys to match a crazy offer

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steele is a Heck of a run blocker. Once he went out the run gane wasn't the same. I know the Cowboys love him, but I just worry Jerry and Stephen are trying to get too cute again. The only reason you place a 2nd round tender instead of a 1st is it saves you pay him $3M this year instead of $5-6M. I hope it doesn't bite them in the butt.
Side note..you know who would be sharp enough to sign him? Freaking Roseman from the Eagles. Remember when he jumped in front of us to take Dallas Goedert? Now, their RT Lane Johnson is about to retire. They could sign Steele to a massive deal and only give up a 2nd for him or force the Cowboys to match a crazy offer
We didn't want Goedert. That was a bizarre rumor started by Eagles fans because we needed a TE (we should have wanted him of course) and it made them feel like they one-upped their crush. Johnson isn't retiring