• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard many say in past year what a prestigious award this is?
Cream of the Cream kinda thing for an NFL player. Maybe I'm wrong. :noidea:
Just thought...nevermind...I am going right now and awarding Robin a trophy for his reply.
Seth Meyers What GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
What The Hell Reaction GIF by CBS

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 12 with his parents in Fort Lauderdale two hotels down the shoreline 5 days before the Big Game. I had the 1970 colored team picture and 3 days to get as many autographs possible before the team to a Miami hotel. Duane Thomas was not quite the Duane he became months later but he was the biggest target.

Robin maybe colors might relate but why Thomas? Cause I was 12 and just knew we had finally closed the door and made the Super Bowl cause D. Thomas replaced in injured Calvin Hill rolled for a whopping 803 yards. Have that team picture on the wall to this day. Got all players. Landry as well the last day at the Gulf Ocean Mile hotel. He was in game day mode cause he was the ONLY one to sign the picture side. It was as if I wasn't there. FUNNY NOW, not at 12.

Eleven Hall of Fame guys in that picture now. I posted least Howley was alive yesterday. Well, heard on a radio interview today, Chuck may be in Canton his August but he won't know he's in Canton. Did not know this. BUMMER

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 12 with his parents in Fort Lauderdale two hotels down the shoreline 5 days before the Big Game. I had the 1970 colored team picture and 3 days to get as many autographs possible before the team to a Miami hotel. Duane Thomas was not quite the Duane he became months later but he was the biggest target.

Robin maybe colors might relate but why Thomas? Cause I was 12 and just knew we had finally closed the door and made the Super Bowl cause D. Thomas replaced in injured Calvin Hill rolled for a whopping 803 yards. Have that team picture on the wall to this day. Got all players. Landry as well the last day at the Gulf Ocean Mile hotel. He was in game day mode cause he was the ONLY one to sign the picture side. It was as if I wasn't there. FUNNY NOW, not at 12.

Eleven Hall of Fame guys in that picture now. I posted least Howley was alive yesterday. Well, heard on a radio interview today, Chuck may be in Canton his August but he won't know he's in Canton. Did not know this. BUMMER
Great story

sad about Howley finally getting in but probably not of a mental state to comprehend it

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People forget about that Hill injury… the Staubach/Morton alternating QB story is way more fun to relive. But after the failed attempt to trade Thomas before that season I don’t think Landry would have put him out there had he not been forced to because of the Hill injury.

Cool story, man. Thanks for sharing. Happy for the Howley family. Damn shame he’s in this state and can’t relish the moment. It’s long, long overdue.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I became a fan of Cowboys in 72 as a young kid. That 72 Superbowl made me the happiest kid in the world after that and never looked back being a fan. Congrats Chuck and DWare!!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A great memory. Thanks.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard many say in past year what a prestigious award this is?
Cream of the Cream kinda thing for an NFL player. Maybe I'm wrong. :noidea:
Just thought...nevermind...I am going right now and awarding Robin a trophy for his reply.

Just joined the party on this one. Sorry. It is a very prestigious award. Awesome for Dak. Im pretty sure Witten got this award as well. I remember Woodson got the Bart Starr award which is similar to this one i believe. Dak though has been nominated for this for the last few years I believe.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just joined the party on this one. Sorry. It is a very prestigious award. Awesome for Dak. Im pretty sure Witten got this award as well. I remember Woodson got the Bart Starr award which is similar to this one i believe. Dak though has been nominated for this for the last few years I believe.
No doubt that Dak is a great man and role model

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak
NFL MAN OF THE YEAR?
I just saw that this morning. Have not been listening to much sports stuff this week due to work issues. Good for Dak the man is an awesome leader and gives back to the community in ways we will probably never ever even know about. He is deserving Sweetness would be proud.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep Thomas was a special RB even with his “attitude” later. Chuck was the epitome of a LB playing from college with the computer drafting help WVU was not a powerhouse. Chuck should have gotten in years ago just like Drew I believe they suffered jealousy of the national writers from the success of Tex Schramm marketing genius of the Cowboys more successfully than any other NFL teams “PR” man until Jerry hit the scene with his marketing and helped line the pockets of every owner in the league.
You deserve it Chuck congrats.

Now when is Woodson getting in ?

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dak
NFL MAN OF THE YEAR?
Great character guy and good dude! Happy for him and this big honor. Proud of him. He got to be on the field on Super Bowl Sunday and be recognized! Too bad could not be on the filed with his teammates! Maybe next year!