• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't get OBJ after talking all this shit about wanting him, then it's clear to me Jerry and Stephen are more worried about their profit margins than winning. How many times have we heard Jerry say that we wouldn't believe the check he would write to go to a Super Bowl?How many times has Stephen made excuses about passing on FA's and carrying cap space into the season because they want to be "ready to pounce"? This move doesn't cost draft picks, they have cap space and we need him. It's hard watching Von Miller kill it in Buffalo knowing he wanted to come here. If they low ball OBJ and he goes to another contender, winning is a secondary concern for this front office

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ comes down to dollars . OBJ won't be lowballed. Given we only got Lamb and Gallup I can see why this rumor won't die
It won’t die in large part because the owner, the head coach and half the team keep talking about him constantly. Only on the Cowboys would that happen

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't get OBJ after talking all this shit about wanting him, then it's clear to me Jerry and Stephen are more worried about their profit margins than winning. How many times have we heard Jerry say that we wouldn't believe the check he would write to go to a Super Bowl?How many times has Stephen made excuses about passing on FA's and carrying cap space into the season because they want to be "ready to pounce"? This move doesn't cost draft picks, they have cap space and we need him. It's hard watching Von Miller kill it in Buffalo knowing he wanted to come here. If they low ball OBJ and he goes to another contender, winning is a secondary concern for this front office
These profit remarks are ridiculous. Have you not noticed Dallas has to redo multiple player contracts to get under the cap nearly every season.

If there were no cap Dallas would definitely be a team with a very high payroll.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see us going after OBJ. We let Cooper walk because he would cost 20 mil.
Why would we turn around & pick up OBJ for a high price?
Makes no sense.
Was hearing he was looking for a payday as well.
Now if he wanted to stop by for a year on a Rams type contract would be one thing. A high price wouldnt even consider it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see us going after OBJ. We let Cooper walk because he would cost 20 mil.
Why would we turn around & pick up OBJ for a high price?
Makes no sense.
Was hearing he was looking for a payday as well.
Now if he wanted to stop by for a year on a Rams type contract would be one thing. A high price wouldnt even consider it.
If he were looking for $20M or anywhere near that I’d agree and we won’t be signing him. I’d be surprised if he got more than $10M per for 2 years and year one will be halfway over so the cap hit if those were to be the numbers would be $5M this year and $10M next or $15M total instead of $40M.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a funny tweet yesterday that I’ll post if I find. Basically it quoted our players all wanting him, our head coach and owner wanting him and Stephen just laughing and saying nope

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These profit remarks are ridiculous. Have you not noticed Dallas has to redo multiple player contracts to get under the cap nearly every season.

If there were no cap Dallas would definitely be a team with a very high payroll.
It’s Tough to say at this point. We spent like drunken sailers for years and kicked the can down the road so badly that we needed to shut down free agent signing for years, first just to be able to get under the cap and then to get to an average cap situation. Then once our situation improved, instead of opening up the purse strings a little and taking a middle of the road approach that could work long term because we had more flexibility, we stayed with that same mentality of only signing bargain free agents and resigning our own guys. It’s like we were unable to understand that once we got out of cap hell we no longer needed to stick with that methodology and unable to adjust. We have plenty of cap space to sign some guys and just don’t.

The cap is expected to go up. We will find a way to sign our young stars or move them for high picks if they are worth it. I’m not saying OBJ is the guy we should sign, but I’m saying as part of our player acquisition process, we need to be signing guys to help this team. We should have done it before the year and we still should be looking to do it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a funny tweet yesterday that I’ll post if I find. Basically it quoted our players all wanting him, our head coach and owner wanting him and Stephen just laughing and saying nope
sounds like Stephen asked how much to Odel. LOL

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he were looking for $20M or anywhere near that I’d agree and we won’t be signing him. I’d be surprised if he got more than $10M per for 2 years and year one will be halfway over so the cap hit if those were to be the numbers would be $5M this year and $10M next or $15M total instead of $40M.
My point is Dallas isn't a penny pinching org. Mis-spending yes, cheap No.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's horseshit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats horseshit? The fact they need to redo contracts every offseason to get under the cap?

Facts are the team does spend its cap money.
They can create all the room they want by converting salary to signing bonus. And it will not effect them long term. Do you know what the cap is projected to be in 5 years now that this Amazon deal, etc has come through? $328 million. If I know that, I promise you they do.
This team hasn't been to a conference championship game in nearly 30 years. Those teams were built through the draft like this one has been. But those teams needs the Charles Hailey's and Deion Sanders as well.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can create all the room they want by converting salary to signing bonus. And it will not effect them long term. Do you know what the cap is projected to be in 5 years now that this Amazon deal, etc has come through? $328 million. If I know that, I promise you they do.
This team hasn't been to a conference championship game in nearly 30 years. Those teams were built through the draft like this one has been. But those teams needs the Charles Hailey's and Deion Sanders as well.
You can only create so much cap space yearly.

Do you not think Jerry would out spend nearly every other team if there were n cap?

The bitching abour Dallas not spending is completely unfounded.

I support the signing of OBJ, but if the do that will put the 2023 cap over.

I'm not here butching about the annual contracr redo's, but they lead to eventual having to release great players.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only create so much cap space yearly.

Do you not think Jerry would out spend nearly every other team if there were n cap?

The bitching abour Dallas not spending is completely unfounded.

I support the signing of OBJ, but if the do that will put the 2023 cap over.

I'm not here butching about the annual contracr redo's, but they lead to eventual having to release great players.
The cap is $208 million this year. It went up by $25 million. It is projected to be $328 million in 5 years. They will be just fine if they sign him. Fact is, they could have signed Von Miller. That was more about him being an older player and the Cowboys not thinking he was the same player. I would be willing to bet that if they knew the kind of year he was going to have, Jerry would have pulled the trigger. Can you imagine if that's Von Miller playing the Anthony Barr role? This would be a historic D.
I just want this Damn team to win a couple of playoff games. The Bills weren't worried about next year when they signed Miller. Or the Miners when the traded for McCaffery. Or the Eagles when they traded for Robert Quinn. Or the Ravens when they traded for RSmith. That's called going for it. OBJ is much needed for this team to get where they want to go

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give a rats ass about the cap as long as we don't trade multiple future draft picks.

Multiple playoff wins is all that matters

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is Dallas isn't a penny pinching org. Mis-spending yes, cheap No.
IMO Right now we seem to be one of the bigger penny pinching organizations around. Look at our free agent signings of the last decade.