• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give a rats ass about the cap as long as we don't trade multiple future draft picks.

Multiple playoff wins is all that matters
1000%. I didn't want them to trade high draft picks for a receiver. We have seen that before with Roy Williams and Joey Galloway. This is simply a matter of whether or not they want to write the check

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Right now we seem to be one of the bigger penny pinching organizations around. Look at our free agent signings of the last decade.
Now look at the cap space we NEVER have to sign FA's

Again soending wrong and penny pinching is not the same thing.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won’t die in large part because the owner, the head coach and half the team keep talking about him constantly. Only on the Cowboys would that happen
True, but it has really been a long time since Jerry talked this much about a FA. Yeah, I remember some players trying to recruit Von Miller, but Jerry not was not. talking much about Miller. Signing OBJ is something I could see him doing. Just going off what he has done in the past. Jerry likes to go all out for recievers and corners to an extent.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1000%. I didn't want them to trade high draft picks for a receiver. We have seen that before with Roy Williams and Joey Galloway. This is simply a matter of whether or not they want to write the check
You forgot to mention Amari. He also signed TO.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after week one, many were screaming their heads off about 3/5's of the oline.
WR questioned, TE, and yet, thus far, it's working out nicely.
Hard to complain at this point about the decisions this team has made.

Dallas is built on draft, and they've shown to be good at it. The issue at times has been overpaying to keep their guys. They actual played the Cooper contract well with regards to structure for getting out from the number. They maybe should have landed a better draft pick. I won't bitch, they knew Cooper had game, it was about the money and setting up Lamb to become what they think he will become. I have my concerns here if Lamb isn't much more big play guy in the 2nd half.

I really like Bijan Robinson the Texas running back and I don't subscribe to the running backs don't matter culture found on this board. I'd like to see if Pollard could be had for 3 years at 7.5M average with around 15/16M guaranteed. That may be short. If Pollard wants top money on the market then we might have to let him walk and keep Elliott another year, maybe two. I draft Robinson, hopefully in the mid to late 20's. I'm younger and still have two top end NFL backs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now look at the cap space we NEVER have to sign FA's

Again soending wrong and penny pinching is not the same thing.
That doesn't really mean anything, but ok if you want to go that route, we have the 6th most cap space in the league right now.

I don’t understand what we never have to sign free agents means. We have weak spots every year that could be addressed by free agents. We just pick the cheap, one year deal types.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but it has really been a long time since Jerry talked this much about a FA. Yeah, I remember some players trying to recruit Von Miller, but Jerry not was not. talking much about Miller. Signing OBJ is something I could see him doing. Just going off what he has done in the past. Jerry likes to go all out for recievers and corners to an extent.
Yeah, Jerry wants Odell. I think he is sick and tired of Stephen refusing to open up the purse string and telling him we cant afford anyone while the other leading NFC teams are signing players. Personally there were a lot of players that IMO could have helped this team more in the off-season than OBJ, but Jerry didn’t put his foot down until now so I’d say it’s 50/50 we end up with OBJ. I wish he put his foot down 6 months ago.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dallas is built on draft, and they've shown to be good at it. The issue at times has been overpaying to keep their guys. They actual played the Cooper contract well with regards to structure for getting out from the number. They maybe should have landed a better draft pick. I won't bitch, they knew Cooper had game, it was about the money and setting up Lamb to become what they think he will become. I have my concerns here if Lamb isn't much more big play guy in the 2nd half.

I really like Bijan Robinson the Texas running back and I don't subscribe to the running backs don't matter culture found on this board. I'd like to see if Pollard could be had for 3 years at 7.5M average with around 15/16M guaranteed. That may be short. If Pollard wants top money on the market then we might have to let him walk and keep Elliott another year, maybe two. I draft Robinson, hopefully in the mid to late 20's. I'm younger and still have two top end NFL backs.
I think the OL was and still is a big question. If Tyron comes back and plays up to his standards I think we will be good and possibly really good, but IMO McGovern is not a starting caliber OG and Biadasz is OK but an upgrade would be nice or maybe just some continued growth with experience. The two together is what I don’t like. I’ll let Tyler have his growing pains because you can just see there is something real good there And I’ll live with the penalties from him and Steele because the upside shows weekly with both of them. The other big issue before the year was a run stopping DT and/or a LB that can play the run and that run defense has been poor again. Maybe Hankins and Damone Clark will be the answer. I think our LBs are ok and the DTs are OK, it’s just the combo of both and the DEs inability to hold the edge that is still killing us after all these years. I’m really excited to see the two young TEs keep developing. I like Schultz on 3rd downs but I just can’t give a TE $10M per year that can’t block unless he is prolific in the passing game.

agree 100% with your second paragraph

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OL is still a big question. If Tyron comes back I think we will be ok and possibly even really good, but IMO McGovern is not a starting caliber OG and Biadasz is OK but an upgrade would be nice. The two together is what I don’t like. I’ll let Tyler have his growing pains because you can just see there is something real good there And I’ll live with the penalties from him and Steele because the upside shows weekly with both of them. The other big issue before the year was a run stopping DT and/or a LB that can play the run and that run defense has been poor again. Maybe Hankins and Damone Clark will be the answer. I think our LBs are ok and the DTs are OK, it’s just the combo of both and the DEs inability to hold the edge that is still killing up after all these years. I’m really excited to see the two young TEs keep developing. I like Schultz on 3rd downs but I just can’t give a TE $10M per year that can’t block unless he is prolific in the passing game.

agree 100% with your second paragraph
Me, the fan sitting on the sofa had concerns about the oline. I saw good things against Tampa, and it seems with more practice, the unit has been pretty darn good of late. Not saying one is more informed than the other here, Biadasz to me has been good, more than acceptable. I don't see McGovern as top end, but he sure looks serviceable. I like Peters as a back-up playing in certain packages. Our first-round pick has been so much better than my expectations, seems to have a very small learning curve and must be on the field when healthy. Now there comes the rub when the other Smith returns. I think you gotta roll with the elder stateman at tackle and slid the rook down a spot...BUT, that is just my opinion.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention Amari. He also signed TO.
Did the Cowboys win the Amari Cooper trade with the Raiders? They needed a WR, obviously. Deebo Samuel was taken a few picks after where they were drafting in round 1 lol.
TO did some good things...and cost us Bill Parcells.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jerry wants Odell. I think he is sick and tired of Stephen refusing to open up the purse string and telling him we cant afford anyone while the other leading NFC teams are signing players. Personally there were a lot of players that IMO could have helped this team more in the off-season than OBJ, but Jerry didn’t put his foot down until now so I’d say it’s 50/50 we end up with OBJ. I wish he put his foot down 6 months ago.
There are probably lots of Cowboys fans that don't want OBJ. Is he recovered and ready to go? I always liked OBJ as a player,but still got mixed feelings. He is a former Gian

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are probably lots of Cowboys fans that don't want OBJ. Is he recovered and ready to go? I always liked OBJ as a player,but still got mixed feelings. He is a former Gian
If he's healthy and can play near his top level, I don't care who he played for in the past.

My concerns are signing him, and he's never healthy or is just a shell of what he was.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, don't need another Cedric benson.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He
If he's healthy and can play near his top level, I don't care who he played for in the past.

My concerns are signing him, and he's never healthy or is just a shell of what he was.
I kind of think the Jones are just saying stuff right now to maybe act like they are interested to keep themselves in the news. Capboy likely lowballs OBJ and he signs with the Bills. It would shock me if they get a deal done.