• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who plays QB tomorrow?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still haven't seen a single NFL source claim the Broncos QB's are a possibility to be suspended. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but...

Let's keep in mind the Raiders had a team sponsored function earlier in the season where none of them wore a mask and none of them were suspended. The team was later fined and forfeited a draft pick for not going through protocols separate from the above mentioned function. I don't see suspensions coming, but I have no idea what to expect this year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that it has been 5 years, but really you can't hold Vic accountable for what Vance Joseph did. Just like it is not Locks fault that Paxton Lynch was a bust. Your expectations have to reset with the 2019 season, and I think if you look at things they are moving in the right direction. As much as all of us want instant gratification, some patience here may be what the doctor ordered to turn this team around.
A book I read somewhat regularly says:
“For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

in his 10 years, Elway has hired/fired Fox, Kubiak, Joseph, and Fangio. With the amount of patience he has given others, I believe he should look at himself with the exact same measure. If he did that, he would step down.

but I agree with Chris here that even that won’t solve the issue until ownership issues are addressed. That’s the elephant in the stadium.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need to have the ownership part settled. It seems it is moving toward Brittany Bowlen taking over. Not sure about that, but maybe a step in the right direction.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need to have the ownership part settled. It seems it is moving toward Brittany Bowlen taking over. Not sure about that, but maybe a step in the right direction.

Need Mingo to step up and buy the team.

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really blaming Elway. Well, four major gaffes and it isn't Lock. No trading up in the first round to get him. He was a relative steal in the 2nd round. Could be wrong, but I have not seen a QB drafted after him that is having any crazy numbers. So, that pick wasn't bad even if he doesn't turn out to be "the one."

The major gaffes were..imo

Osweiler
Paxton Lynch
Vance Joseph
Letting Wade Philips go

Osweiler was ranked high that year, but the evaluation of that pick has to be in light of who he was picked over. The next QB picked was Russell Wilson in the 3rd round. Kirk Cousins was picked in the 4th round. Not that Cousins is all of that, but he is starting and doing pretty well. Osweiler, for all intents and purposes is somewhat equivalent to Trubisky over Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. It is relevant in the fact the level of production from the QBs taken after Osweiler. That is how drafts are evaluated and that is a bad one.

Paxton Lynch.....well what else can be said? Nothing and I mean nothing good about it. First round. Traded up to get him. Had ONE above average season in college, playing an offense catered to him that wasn't going to be played here.

Vance Joseph....still think they could have landed Shanahan if Elway really went after him. If I saw or read real attempts in trying to get him and he still opted for the 49ers, ok. Didn't see any interest. Maybe I am wrong, but I think I also read that Elway wanted Joseph over Wade Philips when Kubiak was hired but thank you Cincinnati for not allowing that. No third Lombardi if that happened, that is for certain.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The punishment looks to be what happened on SUnday at 2:06 pm when a backup WR played QB for Denver
The other side of the punishment goes to the teams competing with New Orleans for a playoff spot in the NFC.
So much for competitive balance.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if I do need the exercise, I’m suing for age discrimination!
You're not going to fund that selling peanuts to the Covid crowds.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blow it up. It’s embarrassing on some many levels

I want Adam Peters or Ed Dodd As GM and my HC is Joe Brady.

what Brady is doing in Carolina is remarkable without christain

Installing a new offense , no prior NFL the experience ,

he’s the next Kyle or McVay

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a guy has success as a coordinator doesn't mean they are ready to be head coach. Do we need to remind anyone of the McDaniels experiment?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a guy has success as a coordinator doesn't mean they are ready to be head coach. Do we need to remind anyone of the McDaniels experiment?
Yes I and see you and raise with McVay And Kyle

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Jess is saying it never works, he is just saying it is no sure bet.

End of the day, just like the QB situation you are always taking a gamble with an inexperienced head coach, but sometime it is the chance you have to take to win, and sometimes as we know it sets you back!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell the team.
It’s best for everyone
The trust has zero power with the NFL because the NFL has reached its boiling point with the lawsuits and the bowlen kids.

it’s actually traces back to Pat Bowlen Himself for not having a succession plan in place Like Kc’s Hunt Did.
Ellis and Elway have run their course here.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Broncoballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange isn't it? How the NHL didn't record ONE POSITIVE TEST?

Not even a false POSITIVE.

I mean the NFL had how many false POSITIVES?

There were 77 false positives just before the season started as we all know.

Strange....

According to article Time reported that the NHL had over 33,000 tests. Not one positive. Not even FALSE POSITIVES.

Not one....

Strange