• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who plays QB tomorrow?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure another QB has enough time to pass proper protocol next week. A player joining a team has to go through covid protocols and that takes about a week. If anything the NFL would probably stagger suspensions if they do suspend them all. I doubt we don’t have any of these guys available to us next week. Driskel could technically come off Covid list before game time next week too.
So if we have staggered suspensions, which QB do you want to see play against the Chiefs?

I am thinking have Rypien play against the Chiefs. It seems unlikely we win that game, but winning in Carolina is much more plausible.

The other thing that goes through my head is why wasn't Bortles a calmer head in this situation? I can kinda get Lock and Rypien trying to cover up the fact they made a mistake for the good of the team, but why didn't Bortles say guys we need to come clean about what we did? Bortles is a vet that should have stepped to keep this from become the show it has become. I don't condone what Lock and Rypien did and they should have known better. Does this raise questions if Lock and Rypien should be the QBs of the future in Denver or is this just a dumb mistake by a couple of young guys?

We will see how the organization feels about in the up coming months.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam, no Denver Saints game on tv for me.
Will have to watch it on line.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we have staggered suspensions, which QB do you want to see play against the Chiefs?

I am thinking have Rypien play against the Chiefs. It seems unlikely we win that game, but winning in Carolina is much more plausible.

The other thing that goes through my head is why wasn't Bortles a calmer head in this situation? I can kinda get Lock and Rypien trying to cover up the fact they made a mistake for the good of the team, but why didn't Bortles say guys we need to come clean about what we did? Bortles is a vet that should have stepped to keep this from become the show it has become. I don't condone what Lock and Rypien did and they should have known better. Does this raise questions if Lock and Rypien should be the QBs of the future in Denver or is this just a dumb mistake by a couple of young guys?

We will see how the organization feels about in the up coming months.
I still haven’t seen anything where any QB’s are facing a suspension. If they did and they staggered, I have no idea how the NFL would select who gets suspended for what game. If I am Denver I’d probably request two to appeal to be active and two to take the suspension to get it over with so you wouldn’t risk all 4 being suspended at same time.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still haven’t seen anything where any QB’s are facing a suspension. If they did and they staggered, I have no idea how the NFL would select who gets suspended for what game. If I am Denver I’d probably request two to appeal to be active and two to take the suspension to get it over with so you wouldn’t risk all 4 being suspended at same time.
I think only 3 could potentially get suspended. I don’t know that Driskel has been accused in any part of this. Driskel may or may not be available next week depending on how he recovers.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos tried to get Offense Quality Control Coach Rob Calabrese to be able to play QB today. NFL denied the request. Calabrese played QB yesterday in practice once Lock, Rypien, and Bortles were sent home.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calabrese played some QB at Central Florida and obviously know the plays. Issue with Hinton will be not knowing much of the playbook which Freeman will since he has been here three years. I expect a lot of wildcat with Freeman and a little slinging/running with Hinton and maybe a 38-0 loss.
Saints D sees this in practice with Taysom Hill every week so probably makes it about as tough as an opponent in this situation as we coukd ask for.
Good thing I have thr Saints D in fantasy. ;)

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is going to get a fine and lose a draft pick (probably a 7th round) for this situation. New Orleans just got fined and lost a 7th round pick for this situation as well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver is going to get a fine and lose a draft pick (probably a 7th round) for this situation. New Orleans just got fined and lost a 7th round pick for this situation as well.

Not real sure how that works. I mean the Saints was a team celebration. Denver's was 4 members together outside the team's supervision? Who knows. The way Elways likes to draft QB's in round 7 (Dysert, Siemian) maybe the QB group knew what they needed to do. ;)
The Raiders also lost a draft pick this year for not wearing masks. By the end of the season the draft may only be 6 rounds at this rate. ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure another QB has enough time to pass proper protocol next week. A player joining a team has to go through covid protocols and that takes about a week. If anything the NFL would probably stagger suspensions if they do suspend them all. I doubt we don’t have any of these guys available to us next week. Driskel could technically come off Covid list before game time next week too.
Correct. There is a 1 week waiting period

Why have all 4 In the same room?
Why not alternate 2 and 2 in separate rooms
The more I read the more this was mismanaged

where was the QB coach enforcing the rules?

soon as they demoted Driskel he or Bortles would Should been in a separate rooms

now if these penalties were really due to the QB not wearing trackers and lying they let the whole team down.

either way it’s another black mark in the Elway tenure .

sad we don’t have an owner.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because the QB room met together without masks. This problem wouldn't be a problem if masks were worn - right?

Also wouldn’t be a problem if the NFL would just let players that test negative play. Like I said, punishing healthy players for being healthy is nonsense.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also wouldn’t be a problem if the NFL would just let players that test negative play. Like I said, punishing healthy players for being healthy is nonsense.
I believe the science is - that you may be infectious prior to testing positive and you may test positive up to 5 days after exposure or longer.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Legwold said that a fine and a draft pick will probably happen for Denver. I hope not and think the handling of this covid in the NFL is a complete joke and Goodell should be replaced. He is the worst commissioner that I've seen in any major sports in the U.S.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hypocrisy of the NFL is on full display

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stink is going to go off on the incompetence of the Broncos today on TV

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are not playing with even a half deck of cards. Pretty much everything has been stacked against them.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Benjamin Albright, all the Broncos QBs were wearing masks. The NFL decided to screw the Broncos for no reason.