• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who plays QB tomorrow?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why though? He has starting experience. Very smart guy that can pick up some of the offense in a hurry.

Has a negative TD-INT ratio and is sub 55% completion percentage. He is not an NFL QB. He's basically Jeff Driskel with a 1st round pick veneer.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a negative TD-INT ratio and is sub 55% completion percentage. He is not an NFL QB. He's basically Jeff Driskel with a 1st round pick veneer.

And Kyle Sloter has shown he is an NFL QB? He has done less than nothing so far in his career.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Kyle Sloter has shown he is an NFL QB? He has done less than nothing so far in his career.

That's better than Rosen. Guy plays loose and has enough moxie to be the leader of an offense. He deserves a shot more than Rosen does.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's better than Rosen. Guy plays loose and has enough moxie to be the leader of an offense. He deserves a shot more than Rosen does.

Not sure I agree that he deserves a shot more than Rosen. Not even sure what that means. Rosen has been given a raw deal in his time in the NFL. Throw in to me his intelligence is why I would pick him over Sloter. Rosen can at least learn say 30 plays in a week and feel confident in his ability to know what he is doing. Not sure I can say the same about Sloter. He would have to rely on his athleticism early and often and he isn't the most athletic guy in the world.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his intelligence is why I would pick him over Sloter.

Based on his actual play, he has no intelligence. His football IQ is basically zero. If we want an intelligent QB, we might as well just stick with Rypien. Sloter made plays when given a chance in the preseason. Yes it's preseason, but he looked really good. I would easily give him a shot before Rosen were I running a team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on his actual play, he has no intelligence. His football IQ is basically zero. If we want an intelligent QB, we might as well just stick with Rypien. Sloter made plays when given a chance in the preseason. Yes it's preseason, but he looked really good. I would easily give him a shot before Rosen were I running a team.

Well Rypien is quarantined and possibly suspended for lying to the team and NFL. We are talking about a scenario where the Broncos are still without all of their QB options beyond tomorrow. So that would mean bringing in a QB possibly Monday and trying to get them up to speed by Sunday. You can say he has 0 intelligence but that is far from the case. Again he was given bad situations about everywhere he has gone. When with the Cardinals he had very few weapons and maybe the worst OL in football. He then was shipped out of the worst franchise in football to only end up with another terrible team in the Dolphins at that time. Almost no talent and never given a true chance to do anything.

The reality is though whoever they bring in of whether that be Sloter, Rosen, or someone else none of them are great options. There is a reason they are available. Hinton might end up being the best choice just because he knows the playbook and has some big time athleticism that can help make up for some of his lack of QB play.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say he has 0 intelligence but that is far from the case.

W-L 3-13-0Comp 275Att 502Comp % 54.8Yards 2845TDs 12INTs 19YPA 5.7Yds per gm 142.3QB rating 63.5

These are not the stats of an intelligent QB. They are the stats of a poor QB on a poor team. Good QBs elevate the team around them. Rosen didn't do that.

If the other guys get punished by the league, Rosen should not be the guy we bring in. Then again, Elway did bring in Kevin Hogan, Brandon Allen, and Jeff Driskel, so Rosen may be the exact guy he goes after.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck, guys....2020 has been a crazy year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W-L 3-13-0Comp 275Att 502Comp % 54.8Yards 2845TDs 12INTs 19YPA 5.7Yds per gm 142.3QB rating 63.5

These are not the stats of an intelligent QB. They are the stats of a poor QB on a poor team. Good QBs elevate the team around them. Rosen didn't do that.

If the other guys get punished by the league, Rosen should not be the guy we bring in. Then again, Elway did bring in Kevin Hogan, Brandon Allen, and Jeff Driskel, so Rosen may be the exact guy he goes after.

We are talking about bringing in a guy that the rest of the league has deemed not worthy of even being on a roster whether that be Sloter or Rosen. We are picking from the bottom of the barrel here no matter who is brought in. Are you expecting Peyton Manning? I get it Rosen is not a good QB. Neither is Sloter. Just the bad situation the Broncos find themselves in and hopefully after tomorrow it becomes a moot issue as they reinstate the QB's that do not test positive.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sign a guy off a PS do they still have to wait 5 days before joining the team or is that waived because they are already in the NFL protocol?

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it Rosen is not a good QB. Neither is Sloter.

There's really no evidence to suggest Sloter isn't a good QB. Just that NFL coaches didn't want to give him a chance. When he did play, he balled out. He never got a shot in the regular season, but it certainly wasn't for lack of execution in the preseason.

hopefully after tomorrow it becomes a moot issue as they reinstate the QB's that do not test positive.

That's hopefully what happens. Anything else will really suck for us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really no evidence to suggest Sloter isn't a good QB. Just that NFL coaches didn't want to give him a chance. When he did play, he balled out. He never got a shot in the regular season, but it certainly wasn't for lack of execution in the preseason.

That's hopefully what happens. Anything else will really suck for us.

Oh he has been given a chance. 5 teams have had him in their building and all 5 have arrived at the same conclusion that he is not even worthy of a roster spot. Plenty of players have balled out in the preseason against 3rd string players and not impressed the team. They see what the player does on a daily basis and even though he had a decent preseason when he was iwth the Broncos they ultimately decided he wasn't even worthy of a roster spot let alone a chance to start in the NFL. And that is with the Broncos have a terrible QB situation at that time.

Honestly though whoever they bring in I would fully expect the Broncos to lose. Personally I'm ok if they would choose to stick with Hinton. His athleticism at least makes teams have to respect his ability to take off and score on any play. He has enough of an arm to complete a few passes which is all I would expect from any QB they would bring in.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we bring in a QB I would I would think it would be a short term solution until the suspensions are over (at this point we don't even know for sure that they will be suspended, I am hoping they maybe get a fine and told to not do it again, but that could be wishful thinking). I think once Lock and Rypien are back the guy the sign would be cut.

Definitely a bad situation, and it could get worse.

Any idea what type of suspension they could see if they are suspended? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? Rest of the year (this seems extreme to me, but the league is not messing around with COVID violations)?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we bring in a QB I would I would think it would be a short term solution until the suspensions are over (at this point we don't even know for sure that they will be suspended, I am hoping they maybe get a fine and told to not do it again, but that could be wishful thinking). I think once Lock and Rypien are back the guy the sign would be cut.

Definitely a bad situation, and it could get worse.

Any idea what type of suspension they could see if they are suspended? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? Rest of the year (this seems extreme to me, but the league is not messing around with COVID violations)?

My guess is it would just be a 1-week suspension. More than that and something bigger than any of us realize happened. We are talking the QB's trying to cover up the whole thing and being proactive to cover their tracks somehow.

Right now I think there are two different reports being put out there. One is essentially the league is making an example of the Broncos (which is crap considering the Broncos were probably the team hit the hardest earlier in the year with having to move around their entire schedule for the mistakes of another team) and all that happened was that during a meeting the QB's pulled their mask down and were talking for a long period of time without proper protocol and had taken off their tracing bracelets.

The other that when interviewed the QB's lied about the situation and when the tapes were brought forward they told a very different story than what was told. I'm honestly not sure which is the true story.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh has also been hit hard by other teams issues with COVID, first Tennessee and now Baltimore. I do find it a little absurd that there are not the same consessions for the Broncos as the Patriots had. I wonder if some of this has to do with not having an owner but that would’ve speculation on my part.

I am hoping the correct story is the first one. I would like to think that none of the players would lie about the situation but it is very possible.

One thing I don’t understand though, is I thought the teams were doing all meetings remotely as of Monday with the new more stringent protocols being put in place. If that is true then the the players would have been at home and couldn’t be in this situation.

At this point more questions then answers.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we sign another QB with the fear that Lock, Rypein, and Bortels will be suspended for lying? We really need to have more then one QB going forward, and there is a 5 day waiting period to add someone to the roster.

Not sure another QB has enough time to pass proper protocol next week. A player joining a team has to go through covid protocols and that takes about a week. If anything the NFL would probably stagger suspensions if they do suspend them all. I doubt we don’t have any of these guys available to us next week. Driskel could technically come off Covid list before game time next week too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because 1 player tested positive? Nonsense.
No, because the QB room met together without masks. This problem wouldn't be a problem if masks were worn - right?