• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 nfl draft - qb edition

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your team needs an overhaul at qb....who are you rooting for them to pick and why?
With the #1 pick in the draft and the growing likelihood of trading Fields this offseason, it's looking more and more as if the Bears will be taking Caleb Williams, who is pretty much the consensus top QB in the draft. The kid does carry some baggage tho and there are still a number of Bears fans who feel the team could get another haul like last year, maybe even better, if they trade this pick. Should be one of the bigger ongoing stories and debates this postseason.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the #1 pick in the draft and the growing likelihood of trading Fields this offseason, it's looking more and more as if the Bears will be taking Caleb Williams, who is pretty much the consensus top QB in the draft. The kid does carry some baggage tho and there are still a number of Bears fans who feel the team could get another haul like last year, maybe even better, if they trade this pick. Should be one of the bigger ongoing stories and debates this postseason.
Are you all in on cw? I know there's a big contingent of bears fans that are done with jf. Is it him or is he just needing a few more supporting cast mates?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you all in on cw? I know there's a big contingent of bears fans that are done with jf. Is it him or is he just needing a few more supporting cast mates?
I'm not all in, but it has nothing to do with the kid's natural talents. It's the baggage part that still leaves me wavering a bit. Plus, while I'm no giant Fields groupie by any stretch, I do kinda like the thought of the draft haul we'd get in return for trading out the pick. That's why it's gonna be a more dynamic offseason for Bears fans than most other fan bases. It's all about the options.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Fields could end up more with a team like the Raiders.
There has been some speculation about this. There's also been rumors floating around that the Raiders could be looking to trade for the #1 pick, especially now that they've signed Kliff Kingsbury, Williams former QB coach. But for the Bears to trade back to the #13 pick, it would have to include quite the haul of draft capital, along with a needed veteran player or two.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do these teams go after cw is off the board....
The going thought is Maye with the #2 pick and Daniels with the #3. But we can't overlook Harrison Jr slipping in at either #2 or more so #3, so it's kind of a crapshoot at this point. Just about every mock draft on the planet has Harrison Jr sinking no lower than 4th, where the Cardinals will gladly snatch him up.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do these teams go after cw is off the board....
The going thought is Maye with the #2 pick and Daniels with the #3. But we can't overlook Harrison Jr slipping in at either #2 or more so #3, so it's kind of a crapshoot at this point. Just about every mock draft on the planet has Harrison Jr sinking no lower than 4th, where the Cardinals will gladly snatch him up.
Maye almost has to be the 2nd pick and the 3rd is where things get interesting. NE desperately needs a QB and almost has to go Qb at 3, but which one? Could they be the team that moves down first for a QB needy team?

I agree with Lake Shore Drive that MHJr falls no further than 4 at the Cardinals. Things could shake up a bit if the Cards trade Murray, but Gannon has said that Murray is their QB, so a trade seems unlikely.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing the Commanders may take Jayden Daniels instead of Drake Maye with the #2 pick, and I think that would be a mistake. Maye is a better passer IMO. For some reason QB’s who are great runners are frequently taken over strong passers. I think Maye is the second best QB in this draft class behind Williams.

It will be interesting to see if any QB is taken in the 1st round after Williams, Maye and Daniels. I think Bo Nix or Michael Penix might be a decent NFL QB. I’ll laugh my ass off if JJ McCarthy is taken in the 1st round, he’s clearly not franchise QB caliber, not nearly explosive enough.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot will depend on what happens with Cousins, Wilson and Fields before draft day. And what those top 3 teams do. If they all pick a QB like you guys are saying, then there are still several teams out there in need of a QB. So it may be a matter of numbers and can definitely see someone picking Penix and possibly Nix later in round 1. Obviously, the Cards and Chargers likely picking WRs

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hearing the Commanders may take Jayden Daniels instead of Drake Maye with the #2 pick, and I think that would be a mistake. Maye is a better passer IMO. For some reason QB’s who are great runners are frequently taken over strong passers. I think Maye is the second best QB in this draft class behind Williams.

It will be interesting to see if any QB is taken in the 1st round after Williams, Maye and Daniels. I think Bo Nix or Michael Penix might be a decent NFL QB. I’ll laugh my ass off if JJ McCarthy is taken in the 1st round, he’s clearly not franchise QB caliber, not nearly explosive enough.
As you say taking a running QB always get me nervous. As I see it, my theory is an athletic great running QB will be much less likely to stay in the pocket and learn to read the defense and might never become a great QB. Now that theory isn't iron clad but the most important thing a QB does is lead the team not put the team on his back and run out of problems only/primarily. Running for a QB is spice to the meal not the main course. Another aspect is like QBs like Fran Tarkington Russ Wilson were mostly sack avoiders to keep a play alive for a completion. From 70s 80s NFL Films there was a Quote from Deacon Jones when they would chase Fran around they would try to hit him so hard they would kill him so they wouldn't have to chase Tark around anymore! LOL

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scouts love his arm even though he never used it in harbaughs offense.... :noidea:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCarthy strikes me as a career backup.