• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So which hole do we try to fill with our top 5 pick at the end of the year?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone in the Lions organization is going to lose their jobs. Let that sink in.

Let this sink in -- Miami's defense has been worse than Detroit WITH Suh and they have ALREADY lost jobs. Yet somehow, in Detroit, he is our savior. Explain that one?

And before you use the "offense is fault" excuse -- Detroit's offense has been worse. Let that sink in too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bet with Rob has nothing to do with any of this. I said way before the bet, there isn't a DT since I've been alive worthy of being the highest paid defensive player. It isn't a knock against Suh -- it is the position he plays.

I wasn't kidding when I said the smartest move Mayhew made was not paying 19 million a year for a DT. I think Suh is a great player -- but no chance, IMO, he should ever be paid the amount he is. That is why I said when it was announced he was getting 19 million a year -- he should kiss his agent.
I quit reading after the first sentence.

Let me guess, you talk about Suh?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't say the Lions are better without Suh when they're now the only winless team on the NFL and all their kids will be wondering if daddy has a job next year.

We've already had this discussion. As far as "jobs for daddy" -- Did Suh explain to the kids of the coaches already fired why they aren't going to have a job next year?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit reading after the first sentence.

Let me guess, you talk about Suh?

You don't have to open the thread. There are lots of threads on these boards. I was just responding to you.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't kidding when I said the smartest move Mayhew made was not paying 19 million a year for a DT.

And this is why I laugh at you, and fans like you. Mayhew is going to be unemployed, and yet you're still such a hopeless homer, that you think losing his best player was a great move.

Great move getting yourself fired, Martin. Makes sense.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Lionsfandom had swung back to optimistic until you broke the news to me that Levy was out. Then my head started spinning.

It's craZy how a team so close to legitimate last year ended up as this.

Almost unthinkable. Only the Lions. And maybe the 49ers. (Their tailspin sure does help this state in the football department.)

49ers tailspin was more of a product of Harbaugh and mangmnt not playing nicely. Then players jumping ship, retiring etc.....

Mostly because of Harbaugh leaving......The Owner will be paying for that one for many years. Egos are dangerous, but sometimes owners don't mind losing money to save face......Ugly world.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Lionsfandom had swung back to optimistic until you broke the news to me that Levy was out

U notice how none of the bros are patting me on the back for calling that one? I called a Levy out for the year before it was even a rumor.

Nothing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let this sink in -- Miami's defense has been worse than Detroit WITH Suh and they have ALREADY lost jobs. Yet somehow, in Detroit, he is our savior. Explain that one?

And before you use the "offense is fault" excuse -- Detroit's offense has been worse. Let that sink in too.

Doesn't matter what Miami has w Suh. In Detroit, they had the top D w Suh. If he's still here this year, no reason to think our D wouldn't be great again, no?

Lions O sucked last year too, same OC.

Only difference, no Suh.

That's the difference between 11-5 and 0-5.

Stevie Wonder trapped in a sleeping bag locked in a treasure chest underwater can see this.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to open the thread. There are lots of threads on these boards. I was just responding to you.

I realize that.

But if you don't want to read Robs Suh comments anymore, and I don't want to talk about Suh, why would you respond to me about Suh?

It's a vicious, ugly cycle. Let's break it, right here, right now.

I'm serious.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I laugh at you, and fans like you. Mayhew is going to be unemployed, and yet you're still such a hopeless homer, that you think losing his best player was a great move.

Great move getting yourself fired, Martin. Makes sense.

Losing his best player wasn't a great move -- not paying him 19 million a year was the great move.

The front office should have been fired after playing kick the can over and over trying to build a team around 3 huge contracts. If they hadn't done so -- Suh would be on the Lions with a franchise tag on him this year, not that it would matter if our offense played like they have thus far.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing his best player wasn't a great move -- not paying him 19 million a year was the great move.

The front office should have been fired after playing kick the can over and over trying to build a team around 3 huge contracts. If they hadn't done so -- Suh would be on the Lions with a franchise tag on him this year, not that it would matter if our offense played like they have thus far.

Winning is priceless. 5 years from now 19 million for a DT will be nothing. QBs will be making 200 million in our lifetimes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers tailspin was more of a product of Harbaugh and mangmnt not playing nicely. Then players jumping ship, retiring etc.....

Mostly because of Harbaugh leaving......The Owner will be paying for that one for many years. Egos are dangerous, but sometimes owners don't mind losing money to save face......Ugly world.
Duh.

The 9ers tailspin is completely cuz Harbaugh left. (Hyperbole)

We win, they lose.

Unlike with the Ravens. They won, we lost.

Maybe The Great Lakes State gets another Harbaugh?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U notice how none of the bros are patting me on the back for calling that one? I called a Levy out for the year before it was even a rumor.

Nothing.
I really would like to know what's wrong with him completely?

I never wanted Staff drafted. Now I feel like the most Pro Staff guy around. 0-5 changes shit, a lot.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter what Miami has w Suh. In Detroit, they had the top D w Suh. If he's still here this year, no reason to think our D wouldn't be great again, no?

Detroit's D was great because none of our key players were hurt (outside of Fairley) and we ended up having the 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL. We faced GB when they were struggling out of the gate. We faced the Vikings without Adrian Peterson twice. We faced the Cardinals with Drew Stanton at QB. Everything went right last year.

If he is here this year -- with 15 turnovers in 5 games by our offense. It doesn't matter -- we are going to be on the losing end of most games. Suh can't help on offense.

Would I love to have him on Detroit? Yes. For 19 million a year? No.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely think this regime should have been fired w Schwartz. Mayhew didn't deserve to hire another HC.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pipe down....Im trying to mediate a comprehensive deal that will not allow you to talk about Suh on the Lions boards for a avatar bet........We will let you know if and when a decision is made.
I need incentive.

I like when people talk about what they want to. I don't like when people bitch about not wanting to talk about something, then keep talking about it.

How do I get something in these negotiations?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only difference, no Suh.

That's the difference between 11-5 and 0-5.

The difference is -- we have an offense with 15 turnovers and have played one of the most difficult schedules to start the year.

I'm curious -- which game/games do you see Suh changing the outcome of?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is priceless. 5 years from now 19 million for a DT will be nothing. QBs will be making 200 million in our lifetimes.
Makes no sense.....19 mil in todays NFL means a lot.....

Winning is not priceless.....Apparently it takes over 100 million to try to contend....19 million is a big chunk of that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit's D was great because none of our key players were hurt (outside of Fairley) and we ended up having the 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL. We faced GB when they were struggling out of the gate. We faced the Vikings without Adrian Peterson twice. We faced the Cardinals with Drew Stanton at QB. Everything went right last year.

If he is here this year -- with 15 turnovers in 5 games by our offense. It doesn't matter -- we are going to be on the losing end of most games. Suh can't help on offense.

Would I love to have him on Detroit? Yes. For 19 million a year? No.

Well, we will never know. But here's what you never got. I'm a Lions fan, and this is MY way of showing my frustrations w the team. That Dolphin logo and my Suh avatar represent all the hope I had for this team flushed down the toilet by a GM I already hated before he lost my favorite player.

I should be allowed that without it rubbing everyone the wrong way.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think this regime should have been fired w Schwartz. Mayhew didn't deserve to hire another HC.

No argument there. I've hated Mayhew since he drafted Titus Young and followed it up with Ryan Broyles. The Ebron pick almost made me drive the 3 miles to the Lions HQ to find Mayhew and punch him in the mouth.