• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So which hole do we try to fill with our top 5 pick at the end of the year?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0-5, Mike. Ngata, garbage. Defense, garbage. I told you this would happen. That's not trolling. That's talking Lions football. Whether you like it, or you don't like it, learn to live with it.

You guys love to point out when I'm wrong, but never man up when I'm right.

FYI -- the Lions were garbage WITH Suh. For 4 years, Detroit's defense was garbage WITH Suh. Miami was a top 12 defense last year. They sign Suh and they are not only worse against the run, they have no pass rush and are worse in every statistical category and have one of the worst defenses in the league.

So whether we signed Suh or not wasn't going to make or break the Lions season. And Suh would have had absolutely nothing to do with an OL that can't block, a QB who continues to throw the ball to the wrong team and a RB who can't hold onto the ball.

Detroit is losing because we are arguably one of the worst offenses in the NFL. We lead the NFL in interceptions thrown. We lead the NFL in fumbles lost. And go figure -- we lead the NFL in turnovers.

THAT is what is killing the Lions.

I realize you think Suh is the reason the Lions are losing, but he is WAY down on the list of reasons why. I know that is tough for you to hear, but you need to learn to live with it.

Now as I said -- give it up already. If you want to talk Lions football. Talk about players who are actually on the team.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think an upgrade at LT would go the furthest to fix the issues with this team. Particularly if Rieff proves himself an upgrade over Waddle. My guess is he'd win the job based on availability alone.

Bishop,

I have been saying this for a long time. Rieff is not a blind side guy IMO.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI -- the Lions were garbage WITH Suh. For 4 years, Detroit's defense was garbage WITH Suh. Miami was a top 12 defense last year. They sign Suh and they are not only worse against the run, they have no pass rush and are worse in every statistical category and have one of the worst defenses in the league.

So whether we signed Suh or not wasn't going to make or break the Lions season. And Suh would have had absolutely nothing to do with an OL that can't block, a QB who continues to throw the ball to the wrong team and a RB who can't hold onto the ball.

Detroit is losing because we are arguably one of the worst offenses in the NFL. We lead the NFL in interceptions thrown. We lead the NFL in fumbles lost. And go figure -- we lead the NFL in turnovers.

THAT is what is killing the Lions.

I realize you think Suh is the reason the Lions are losing, but he is WAY down on the list of reasons why. I know that is tough for you to hear, but you need to learn to live with it.

Now as I said -- give it up already. If you want to talk Lions football. Talk about players who are actually on the team.

I'll stop talking about Suh when Mayhew and Lewand (who promised to deliver him to this fan base) are gone. Suh was the whole team. The O sucked last year too yet Suh carried them to 11-5. That's why they promised to keep him then begged on hands and knees for him to change his mind before signing w Miami.

Now everyone will lose their jobs. That's why Mayhew put your boy DeAndre "little fish" Levy on the back burner trying to keep Suh.

Years of bad drafts by Mayhew were masked by Suh, Stafford and Calvin. Now Suh is gone and Calvin is old = 0-5.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop,

Good thing Mayhew passed on Taylor Lewand (and Aaron Donaldson) to take another TE. Enjoy unemployment, Mayhew.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Mayhew passed on Taylor Lewand (and Aaron Donaldson) to take another TE. Enjoy unemployment, Mayhew.

I wanted Lewan personally. Donald was the smart pick with Fairley already not renewed and Suh still unsigned.

Mayhew gambled and lost. Instead of betting black or red on the roulette. Dude tried to hit a yahtzee by betting on 00. Sad thing is, he is betting with the fan bases chips.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft the best QB and then trade Stafford for some talent.

That should free up a lot of money.

Hell, if any team would actually take Stafford and his megabucks off our hands, I'd do it NOW and not even wait for the draft. Just let Orlovsky finish out the year. It's a bust anyway.

Sadly, I don't see any team that is desperate enough for a QB to overspend for a one-year-wonder underachiever like Stafford.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted something similar to this on another thread, But Staff needs a simplified offense to be successful. His reads are too slow and he does not take off fast enough when noone is open. Too many turnovers occur. Yes he can throw for 400 a game in the right scenario, but the turnovers are too much to overcome IMO.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years of bad drafts by Mayhew were masked by Suh, Stafford and Calvin. Now Suh is gone and Calvin is old = 0-5.

This is a good point. The Lions have zero players left on the roster from their 2010 and 2011 drafts. ZERO!!

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted something similar to this on another thread, But Staff needs a simplified offense to be successful. His reads are too slow and he does not take off fast enough when noone is open. Too many turnovers occur. Yes he can throw for 400 a game in the right scenario, but the turnovers are too much to overcome IMO.

Yep. Low football IQ. Slow afoot and slow in the head.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stop talking about Suh when Mayhew and Lewand (who promised to deliver him to this fan base) are gone. Suh was the whole team. The O sucked last year too yet Suh carried them to 11-5. That's why they promised to keep him then begged on hands and knees for him to change his mind before signing w Miami.

Now everyone will lose their jobs. That's why Mayhew put your boy DeAndre "little fish" Levy on the back burner trying to keep Suh.

We know Suh carried the Lions. Now Miami gets to watch their 19 million dollar a year DT anchor their 30th ranked defense. And yes, I'm jealous.

Now step away from the ledge. Suh was always going to go to the highest bidder, the money is what he wanted and that is what he got. Get over it.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop,

I think he can play it but he'll top out as mediocre. He'll never be "good" at it. If the best player on the board isn't an LT then I won't be upset if we have to go into next season with Rieff at LT but an upgrade would be best for the team and the player.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know Suh carried the Lions. Now Miami gets to watch their 19 million dollar a year DT anchor their 30th ranked defense. And yes, I'm jealous.

Now step away from the ledge. Suh was always going to go to the highest bidder, the money is what he wanted and that is what he got. Get over it.

How about you get over my posts? If you want to move on, move on. I don't post just for you to read to reply.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can play it but he'll top out as mediocre. He'll never be "good" at it. If the best player on the board isn't an LT then I won't be upset if we have to go into next season with Rieff at LT but an upgrade would be best for the team and the player.

Still can't believe Mayhew passed on Taylor Lewan and Aaron Donaldson for a TE when he knew he could lose Suh and already wasn't sold on Reiff.

Is that bad scouting, or Mayhew just doing whatever he wants despite scouting?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't post just for you to read to reply.

I know -- you post to troll the whole board. I'm just the one who gets entertainment by pointing out the hypocrisy of your trolling attempts.

So as I said -- we get it. You love Suh. Now talk about Lions who are actually on the team. If you want to talk about the 30th rank defense Suh anchors -- Miami has their own board -- I'm sure they would love to hear you tell them how he is carrying their defense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know -- you post to troll the whole board. I'm just the one who gets entertainment by pointing out the hypocrisy of your trolling attempts.

So as I said -- we get it. You love Suh. Now talk about Lions who are actually on the team. If you want to talk about the 30th rank defense Suh anchors -- Miami has their own board -- I'm sure they would love to hear you tell them how he is carrying their defense.

Go fuck yourself. I'll talk about whatever the fuck I feel like talking about. 0-5, Mike. Just like I told you. That ain't trolling. That's being right.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go fuck yourself. I'll talk about whatever the fuck I feel like talking about. 0-5, Mike. Just like I told you. That ain't trolling. That's being right.

And there is the attack and trolling.......Happens every time......

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You apparenlty want to troll and talk about Suh......Go to the Dolphins board and do it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You apparenlty want to troll and talk about Suh......Go to the Dolphins board and do it.
Muzz, do you really never want to bring up Russell Wilson again?

Did you know Teryl Austin played in the Bluebonnet Bowl?

Let's not be telling people to go to other boards, micro.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is the attack and trolling.......Happens every time......

I can't help it -- if the broken record is going to continue to troll with the same tired act, I feel I need to point out the obvious to him, so we can all have a good laugh. That being, Detroit is 0-5 because of our offense, who leads the NFL in turnovers and is actually quite an impressive number. 15 is tough to do in only 5 games.

That and the fact Suh anchors one of the worst defenses in the NFL, yet if he were in Detroit -- those 15 turnovers would magically go away and Detroit would be a winning team.:L