• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So which hole do we try to fill with our top 5 pick at the end of the year?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is -- we have an offense with 15 turnovers and have played one of the most difficult schedules to start the year.

I'm curious -- which game/games do you see Suh changing the outcome of?

Maybe if we still have the top D, our O isn't out there trying to force things so much. The best thing for an O is a great D.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no sense.....19 mil in todays NFL means a lot.....

Winning is not priceless.....Apparently it takes over 100 million to try to contend....19 million is a big chunk of that.

Makes perfect sense. Extra money not given to Suh instead went to guys like Tulloch, Mathis and Pettigrew. You pay your superstars, not your fringe players.

Especially when your ass and the asses of all your co workers are on the line.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need incentive.

I like when people talk about what they want to. I don't like when people bitch about not wanting to talk about something, then keep talking about it.

How do I get something in these negotiations?

My word I will never mention Russell Wilson on the board vs Rob never mentioning Suh on the board.....You get a lot less clutter on the boards and 5 less threads started every day ending in the same result.

First one to mention either loses the avatar bet.......I would think his ego is that big that he would take that bet.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if we still have the top D, our O isn't out there trying to force things so much. The best thing for an O is a great D.

That's the kicker. It isn't as if we are turning the ball over flinging the ball deep down field. We are getting screen passes picked off. We are getting passes in the flat picked off. We are fumbling like it is our job.

If we were winging 50 yards down field trying to score in one play to catch up -- I'd agree 100%. I'd bet half of the interceptions are within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Tipped balls, screens, etc.

Put this in perspective -- There are only two teams with more than 10 turnovers. One has 12. Detroit has FIFTEEN. We actually lead the NFL in interceptions AND fumbles. That isn't easy to do.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My word I will never mention Russell Wilson on the board vs Rob never mentioning Suh on the board.....You get a lot less clutter on the boards and 5 less threads started every day ending in the same result.

First one to mention either loses the avatar bet.......I would think his ego is that big that he would take that bet.

Dude, I don't care if you talk about Russell "Please sack me" Wilson. Like, at all.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extra money not given to Suh instead went to guys like Tulloch, Mathis and Pettigrew. You pay your superstars, not your fringe players.

Guys like Tulloch and Mathis were signed to fill in around Suh. They weren't signed with money not given to Suh. Same money was spent on ball hawk safety (Quin), a run stopping safety (Ihedbigo), etc.

It took Detroit 5 years to put together the defense we saw last year. Detroit hasn't used any money they saved from Suh. They still had almost 10 million of dead money from Suh on the books this year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That screen pass was WTF funny.

It isn't just the screen pass that is WTF funny. The ENTIRE OFFENSE is WTF funny. We can't run block. We can't pass protect. We have RB's that can't hold onto the ball. We have a QB who can't throw the ball to his own team. And we have an OC who has turned Calvin Johnson into Brandon Pettigrew.

I'd volunteer to call Lombardi's family and tell them why he doesn't have a job if they'd let me fire him.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Detroit 5 years to put together the defense we saw last year.

Like I said earlier, years of bad drafts masked by Suh, Calvin and Stafford finally caught up to Mayhew with Suh gone and Calvin aged.

That really sums it up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That isn't incentive for me.

I like when you talk about Russell Wilson. I like when the Utah boys talk Utah football. I like when obx talks UVA. I like when BB72 talks Bama and back dimples. I like when MikeD talks GoldenTee. He never does that anymore. He should, GoldenTee is fucking awesome.

And I like clutter. When the little lady cleans my car I'll just toss napkins in the back to mess it up. My brain works better.

I'm out on these deliberations.

My recommendation, don't talk Suh with Rob. Gandy doesn't talk Don Kelly with me anymore either. It sucks, I try and deal with it. One day at a time I tell myself.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't like clutter, why would I have freaked the fuck out on Rob when he merged everything there was to merge and then made my head explode?

Huh?

Correct answer: rob will fuck with your head if you let him. He'll also laugh with with you if you want when you realize he's just fucking around. You play the game too muZz, it's why I've always liked you. That and RP's that are eligible as starters.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem......Was just looking to make a avatar bet with him......Tired of sifting through 5 threads a day with 5 pages in each thread always ending in Suh talk....

That is no longer Lions football.....

Was hoping to make my day of football talk more simple by simply making a avatar bet that would clean up this board.

I won't fight it anymore. You guys can have at it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I didn't like clutter, why would I have freaked the fuck out on Rob when he merged everything there was to merge and then made my head explode?

Huh?

Correct answer: rob will fuck with your head if you let him. He'll also laugh with with you if you want when you realize he's just fucking around. You play the game too muZz, it's why I've always liked you. That and RP's that are eligible as starters.

Oh man. Mergegate was epic, because I had to get the mods to give me power, knowing full well the shit storm it was about to cause.

I had a lot of focus back then.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem......Was just looking to make a avatar bet with him......Tired of sifting through 5 threads a day with 5 pages in each thread always ending in Suh talk....

That is no longer Lions football.....

Was hoping to make my day of football talk more simple by simply making a avatar bet that would clean up this board.

I won't fight it anymore. You guys can have at it.

If you want me to change your avatar for you I will.

PS: Suh talk

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not possible.....Just looking to clean up the board with a avatar bet over Suh and Wilson......If it's not possible, I'll move on and never mention it or Rob again.....

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for you smitty, Pretty much sums up the last few hours......

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man. Mergegate was epic, because I had to get the mods to give me power, knowing full well the shit storm it was about to cause.

I had a lot of focus back then.
We're all lucky you had kids.

You're tame now.

I just already got my freakout, out of my system.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not possible.....Just looking to clean up the board with a avatar bet over Suh and Wilson......If it's not possible, I'll move on and never mention it or Rob again.....

Suh is an elite superstar. Russell Wilson is a sack eating game manager. Please do not compare the two.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't even realiZe. That's the funny part.

You told a guy what he could and couldn't talk about. You became "insert name here". The guy who hated you for stating your opinion.