• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...Shawn Thornton will probably need his own thread....

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm glad Thornton feels bad...but geez he needs to re-evaluate things if he can't control himself on the ice. I know a lot of guys have anger issues, heck it's part of the game to be angry...but if that's not the person he is, then he has to work out those issues before getting on the ice. It's a dangerous game, and if you're likely to snap, you better get that under control before putting others at risk.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wheel3games.png

Relevant.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Neal hit, I'm fairly certain he made little to no effort to get out of the way, but without being able to evaluate the frame rate of the video, I can't be sure if he even had enough time to if he wanted to. If I could find a real-time video from that angle, it would tell me a lot more.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the 1st time I've seen it, and I have to say I'm 50/50 on if it was intentional or not.

He may not have noticed his head was there because he was looking up the ice. Then again, that could have been his excuse the whole time?

I am with you. Hes not looking at him for most of the clip, I cannot tell if its intentional or not. I havent seen other angles.

Has he ever been suspended IPW?

Guy fights people for a living in Pro sports and has always done so within the "code"

Should he be suspended..yes he should he caused a player to be injured,

Even if not suspended hes gone after smaller non fighters numerous times I can think of. I don't think that's part of the "code". That is one of the Bruins specialties, sending fighters after skilled players then patting themselves on the back praising their toughness.

I think he'll get 10-15 games, I'd like to see him get closer to 40.

My thought is 21, a quarter of the season. I'd say that if it was another team too. And I dont know or really care about the severity of Orpiks injury. You cant have that type of thing happening.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it's different when you go after someone he see's you coming and he is a big guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
worst angle i've seen of the knee. and I fucking hate mushmouth, but this was 100% intentional.
Neal saw his chance, and took a shot. changed the angle of his skate to guide his knee on target.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, he sticks his knee out.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree 100% that it was intentional based on that view. He deliberately changes direction and sticks the knee out to make contact, while making it look like he's just skating by without seeing him there. Complete dick move right there.

He's going to be looking at a few games for sure if Shanny sees the same thing.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely looked intentional.

The only defense/excuse Neal could use is that if you look at the first angle that everyone else saw last night, right after Neal makes contact he looks like he's continuing to go to his left....headed to the bench.

Not sure if he did go to the bench, but looks like he slows up even more after contact and is heading to the bench.

What sucks, besides Orpik getting carted off, is at that point.... the outcome of the game is meaningless. Thorton completely ruined the game.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I missed the game last evening, and by the looks of this and the GNT, it seems I missed out on all the fireworks in here.

The above is a pretty sickening display of cowardice and goonery on Thorton's part. That is some knuckle-dragging Neanderthal bullshit if I've ever seen it. I wonder if Shawn made off with Orpik's wallet and jewelry afterwards, because that looks like a street corner mugging.

Heard he's got an in-person hearing with Shanny, so he's looking at 5+ already. Should be 25+, IMO.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MEDIA]

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Thornton, Neal and Rinaldo yesterday, it's like watching the Carlson Brothers (and David Hanson) go to work in Slap Shot all over again.

"These guys are a fucking disgrace..."

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you. Hes not looking at him for most of the clip, I cannot tell if its intentional or not. I havent seen other angles.

Even if not suspended hes gone after smaller non fighters numerous times I can think of. I don't think that's part of the "code". That is one of the Bruins specialties, sending fighters after skilled players then patting themselves on the back praising their toughness.

My thought is 21, a quarter of the season. I'd say that if it was another team too. And I dont know or really care about the severity of Orpiks injury. You cant have that type of thing happening.

To the bold. You are aware that Montreal is 2nd in the NHL for fighting majors this year? So have the Habs just took on the game style of the Bruins now? How was Max's hit on Boychuck last game? If that was Lucic on Max Hab nation would be calling for police action.

To the first point there is a new angle and it looks like everyone agrees that it was intentional.

21 is not out of the question. It was a really bad move on Thorntons part. I have not found anything that says he has been suspended before so he is a 1st timer. Nonetheless a hefty suspension is in order.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think Max's hit on Boychuck was anything more than a two minute penalty, that he got. Sometimes injuries happen even on clean hits, and while it may not have been exactly with in the rules, it was hardly dirty.

Thornton crossed the line, and he will be and deserves to be suspended. Thornton even delivered a sort of apology and spoke about how bad he felt after it happened. There is no excuse for his actions but I can see how he got cranked up during the course of action during the game last night. He still needs to keep his emotions in check; he failed.

Neal was in total plausible deniability mode in the locker room last night. I do feel it was intentional but I still say Neal gets a big 0 game suspension for it.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think Max's hit on Boychuck was anything more than a two minute penalty, that he got. Sometimes injuries happen even on clean hits, and while it may not have been exactly with in the rules, it was hardly dirty.

Thornton crossed the line, and he will be and deserves to be suspended. Thornton even delivered a sort of apology and spoke about how bad he felt after it happened. There is no excuse for his actions but I can see how he got cranked up during the course of action during the game last night. He still needs to keep his emotions in check; he failed.

Neal was in total plausible deniability mode in the locker room last night. I do feel it was intentional but I still say Neal gets a big 0 game suspension for it.

I can agree on the Mex hit. I was just saying how Hab nation would react to that hit if it was a Bruin doing the hitting.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Doobster has had time to sleep on it, I forgive Shawn Thornton for what he did if he does indeed truly regret what he did. I just hope Orpik is alright. That's all that matters at this point.