• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...Shawn Thornton will probably need his own thread....

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes?

Oh, my: Boston fans coming to the defense of their hometown team. How dare they!

Would Pittsburgh fans do any differently? - Would any team's fans?

Probably not, doesn't make it right though.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes?

Oh, my: Boston fans coming to the defense of their hometown team. How dare they!

Would Pittsburgh fans do any differently? - Would any team's fans?

People can say what they want in a comments section, but let's be real, here...

there is no credible defense for what Thorton did.

He skated behind a guy, tripped him to the ice and cold-cocked him twice to the head. You do that anywhere other than a MMA fight (or in this case a hockey rink), and you're likely looking for a good lawyer today to defend you in a court of law for A&B charges.

Thorton should be looking at least 10+ games for this. and I don't think it is out of the question to see him suspended for 25+ games. There is absolutely no place in the game of hockey for what his act entailed.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The puck took a crazy hop as it was coming round the boards and Orpik was committed to the check. It was a hard but clean check and you could argue that interference could have been called, but both players arrived at the place where they thought the puck was going to be at the same time.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scale of bad
1. Thorton
2. Rinaldo
3. Neal

But they should all get 10+ IMO. I know they won't, but they should.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scale of bad
1. Thorton
2. Rinaldo
3. Neal

I agree but as we know the NHL won't punish enough and hence why this crap continues.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the bold. You are aware that Montreal is 2nd in the NHL for fighting majors this year? So have the Habs just took on the game style of the Bruins now? How was Max's hit on Boychuck last game? If that was Lucic on Max Hab nation would be calling for police action.

That has nothing to do with Thornton going after non fighters - which you did not deny. He does it and that's not part of the code. So I dispute the notion that he has always fought within the code.

Threads have topics and I'm going to try to stay on it in this thread. If you want to start a thread about the Habs number of fights this year or the hit on Boychuck maybe I will comment on them in that thread but they are completely irrelevant to my comment and this thread in general.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me if it was the opposite way the Pittsburgh guy would say the same. I just think the embellishment is too funny.

Anyway this video it looks like Eriksson touched the puck. Look how is stick goes up and the puck starts fluttering at a slower speed after what looks to be contact between stick and puck.

Brooks Orpik destroys Loui Eriksson with open ice hit - The Nosebleeds - The Nosebleeds

Yes I understand. Does Eriksson's head hit the ice? I dont think it does yet he is concussed :noidea:

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scale of bad
1. Thorton
2. Rinaldo
3. Neal

while I agree with this, the way shanny does it, probably one will get the 10+, one will get a game or two, and one will nothing...and there's no way to tell which will be which

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I agree with this, the way shanny does it, probably one will get the 10+, one will get a game or two, and one will nothing...and there's no way to tell which will be which

Thorty is getting 10+ for sure and deserves it.

Rinaldo and Neil are repeat offenders so that should have some bearing on length of suspension.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me if it was the opposite way the Pittsburgh guy would say the same. I just think the embellishment is too funny.

Anyway this video it looks like Eriksson touched the puck. Look how is stick goes up and the puck starts fluttering at a slower speed after what looks to be contact between stick and puck.

Brooks Orpik destroys Loui Eriksson with open ice hit - The Nosebleeds - The Nosebleeds

See this is where I disagree with lots of people. That's a clean hit, but definitely has intent to injure. I don't see why everyone gets bent out of shape when guys have to answer the bell for clean but vicious hits? You're basically saying it's OK to injure my teammates as long as it's a clean hit. You'd think a team would want to stand up for each other regardless of how the guy got hurt. Take your 5 minutes +2 and a game (unless you're malkin) for instigating.