• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Imma put myself out there

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Stafford sucks .... and think CJ makes him look better than he is. [/QUOTE

in an odd way I think CJ hurts Stafford. No fault on CJ but he's so good everybody knows Stafford is going to CJ often and they gave him doubled. Stafford still forces the ball that way. Causing his ints to be high. I wonder if CJ would vocally complain if Stafford didn't force him the ball. Now with that said CJ is not a bad guy to force the ball to, since he wins the battle for the ball more often than not.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you figure Chris Carter played in a running league .....
had almost 14,000 yards 130 TDs

and he wasn't 1st ballot

By the time Dez retires and goes up for consideration..... With it now being a passing league ..... He's gonna need ALOT more than that to get him in

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a bit of Homerism on here when it comes to Dez

Say he plays 12 years..... and you average his yearly stats.

Gotta hope he will get better but you also have to realize he will drop off when he gets older (30s)

you get about 13,000 yards and 120 TDs That's not HOF Not in today's passing league

The average there would be messed because he started off slow and has picked it up recently. No way of telling if this is his peak or he can be better I.E running more/better routes. Not saying he is HOF and not saying he won't be. Time will tell.

My thing is Dez has been elite at times the last 2 seasons. He's produced. He averages 10 td a year.

For now, to me, Dez Bryant is better than Sammy Watkins until I see otherwise.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Stafford sucks .... and think CJ makes him look better than he is. [/QUOTE

in an odd way I think CJ hurts Stafford. No fault on CJ but he's so good everybody knows Stafford is going to CJ often and they gave him doubled. Stafford still forces the ball that way. Causing his ints to be high. I wonder if CJ would vocally complain if Stafford didn't force him the ball. Now with that said CJ is not a bad guy to force the ball to, since he wins the battle for the ball more often than not.

Can't agree with you on that one

Stafford has the worst mechanics of any starting Qb in the league.

sidearms balls ... doesn't plant his feet when he has time.... Throws off his back foot

Take CJ off the field ...... and no one will consider Stafford a starting Qb in the league JMO

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average there would be messed because he started off slow and has picked it up recently. No way of telling if this is his peak or he can be better I.E running more/better routes. Not saying he is HOF and not saying he won't be. Time will tell.

My thing is Dez has been elite at times the last 2 seasons. He's produced. He averages 10 td a year.

For now, to me, Dez Bryant is better than Sammy Watkins until I see otherwise.

I dont disagree with you ..... that wasn't the point of the topic

I was calling out a player IN THIS DRAFT I think will be elite .....
I have said before I think he is a once in a decade player

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a bit of Homerism on here when it comes to Dez

Say he plays 12 years..... and you average his yearly stats.

Gotta hope he will get better but you also have to realize he will drop off when he gets older (30s)

you get about 13,000 yards and 120 TDs That's not HOF Not in today's passing league

Exactly. The game is much too different from 10 years ago. QB and WR stats are flying through the roof.

Think about it wasn't long ago when 1 or 2 WR' s would be over 1000 yards in a season. In 2013 there was 24.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't agree with you on that one

Stafford has the worst mechanics of any starting Qb in the league.

sidearms balls ... doesn't plant his feet when he has time.... Throws off his back foot

Take CJ off the field ...... and no one will consider Stafford a starting Qb in the league JMO

Without CJ you are most likely right. I'm just saying that a lot of Staffords ints come when CJ is the taget. If CJ is the cause of those ints I'd take that cause on the Cowboys and be screaming for Tony to force the ball to CJ. I won't scream for the ball to be forced to Dez because he hasn't shown to be trusted to win the battles for the ball.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if he becomes a HOF Receiver or just remains a very nice#1 before our homerisim tailors his gold jacket.

I'm trying to stay out of the rookie will be better than so and so argument because I have no clue. But at this time Dez has shown he can be great one play and an idiot the next. I don't give a damn about his off field shit. As far as I'm concerned it's minor shit so far. It's his disappearing at times during games and sideline antics I'm worried about.

His disappearing wouldn't have anything to do with inept play calling would it? As stated before maybe the New OC who has experience game planning for a elite WR will give Dez more opportunity to display how special he is.....

#Throwing up the "X"

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His disappearing wouldn't have anything to do with inept play calling would it? As stated before maybe the New OC who has experience game planning for a elite WR will give Dez more opportunity to display how special he is.....

#Throwing up the "X"

But at what cost?

I don't see CJ with a playoff win

Hopefully he realizes we have more weapons here than Detroit .... and with the exception of CJ better weapons than Detroit

But with our recent coaching ...... Dallas has turned me into an I'll believe it when I see it fan.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#Throwing up the "X"

No. His disappearing would be from him not giving his all when his not the primary target. Or from losing trust with drops of easy catches. Yes he can and will make the spectacular catch, then turnaround and put the ball on the ground for the defense to pick up. Come on now. We all know Dez is a very talented WR but he's not perfect as you seem to think he is.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. His disappearing would be from him not giving his all when his not the primary target. Or from losing trust with drops of easy catches. Yes he can and will make the spectacular catch, then turnaround and put the ball on the ground for the defense to pick up. Come on now. We all know Dez is a very talented WR but he's not perfect as you seem to think he is.

Not to mention his DROPS

Especially when wide open

covered like hell he will make a great catch ... wide open ..... I cover my eyes and hope for the best.

Owens was like that too

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N

I NEVER said he or anyone is perfect. My point is I am not going to poo poo what he has done @ this point in his career in favor of the new kid of the block, who has yet to play a NFL down. I am good with Dez wearing the star until the foreseeable future. It us sad that some folks don't know what they have until it is gone.....

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention his DROPS

Especially when wide open

covered like hell he will make a great catch ... wide open ..... I cover my eyes and hope for the best.

Owens was like that too

Is T.O. not a first ballot HOF?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and mine has always been staubach....but I'm a little bias here.

leadership at this position like no other in sports is why I still pick Captain America as my guy

Staubach is my 2nd favorite NFL player all-time :thumb: (one of the reasons I became a Cowboy fan)

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is T.O. not a first ballot HOF?

NO he WONT be

Doubt it .... Look at Charles Haley

The man has more rings (and as a STARTER) then anyone in the NFL ......

attitude and media go along way when it comes to getting into the HOF

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO he WONT be

Doubt it .... Look at Charles Haley

The man has more rings (and as a STARTER) then anyone in the NFL ......

attitude and media go along way when it comes to getting into the HOF

I am talking on the field, off the fields haters gonna hate....

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I NEVER said he or anyone is perfect. My point is I am not going to poo poo what he has done @ this point in his career in favor of the new kid of the block, who has yet to play a NFL down. I am good with Dez wearing the star until the foreseeable future. It us sad that some folks don't know what they have until it is gone.....

You have him in the HOF with a grand total of four years in the NFL. Now from those four years please show us were he could be considered GREAT.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who does the HOF voting ......

The media

So is MATTERS

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cris Carter didn't make the 1st ballot, no way TO will

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And lovers gonna love.

Here's the thing though. I don't hate Dez. I believe he CAN be one of the greatest WR's to ever play the game. Just I have seen to many negatives that help keep me from saying he's great. Is the potential there? YES, are the ON FIELD negatives there? YES.

I want a guy I can trust to help my QB. Michael was that guy, Dez is not.