• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Imma put myself out there

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly the same way you made it Dez vs Watkins

When it was a boredom draft prediction

I only brought Dez in because you often try to find ways to trade him to bring in the Unknown.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCKING DISAGREE

LOL
Love your passion to debate :becky:

Look if we had a WR to get doubled like Mike & could catch some clutch passes. That left the door open for Harper to go deep & get jump balls one on one. & use our WRs like K-Martin to move chains.
We were a run 1st team. So I am not talking plug a scrub into Mikes spot, but yes, we could have had a lot of WRs play mikes WR spot & still make the superbowl.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going in circles, I will agree to disagree on Jimmie & I will take Dez over Watkins. I don't know how this became a Dez vs Irvin with others.....:noidea:
Well I thought the Dez vs. Watkins debate was a fun one. Neither have proven they are great or HOF worthy yet.
But when you started comparing Dez to Irvins career, I did ask please stop the absurdness :suds::becky:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is a Jerry player, therefore he would have been on any Cowboys team, good way to avoid the question though.... By the way didn't Barry Switzer win a SB? :scratch:

LOL gotta ask how old you are ( just curious) as to how much of that 90s team you remember

Dez isn't even a Jimmy player now.... Watch him talk about him on Sundays

Until we won 2 Superbowls THIS WAS JIMMY'S TEAM not Jerry's

And if you really want to know when the feud started ..... It didn't start with the Jerry taking credit shit

It started when Emmitt held out ...... Jimmy said pay him ... Jerry didn't thing they needed to

I can recall that shit like it was yesterday

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could plug a lot of WRs into the 90's team & still come up with the same amount of Superbowls. I honestly don't see how that allows you to claim Dez is as good as Irvin?

Dez is comparable to Irvin @ this point in both of their careers. Of course he is not better than the leader of a 3 time SB champs. Irvin would be the first to tell you that Dez has more talent that he did....

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is comparable to Irvin @ this point in both of their careers. Of course he is not better than the leader of a 3 time SB champs. Irvin would be the first to tell you that Dez has more talent that he did....

talent alone doesn't make a great player.

Jesus Christ I feel like I am arguing with JDM right now. LOL
(We were debating great players the other day)

Many talented players wash out of the NFL & didn't do squat. Like I said elsewhere. People like to add the potential into reality, & then make a claim on how good a player is now. Dez doesn't belong in the same conversation of Irvin right now. If Dez doesn't get his head together, he never will!

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N
LOL gotta ask how old you are ( just curious) as to how much of that 90s team you remember

Dez isn't even a Jimmy player now.... Watch him talk about him on Sundays

Until we won 2 Superbowls THIS WAS JIMMY'S TEAM not Jerry's

And if you really want to know when the feud started ..... It didn't start with the Jerry taking credit shit

It started when Emmitt held out ...... Jimmy said pay him ... Jerry didn't thing they needed to

I can recall that shit like it was yesterday

Jimmie get way too much credit, how did that Miami gig workout? My point is if Jerry wanted Dez he would be in that team, ask the Big Tuna who didn't want T.O. Jerry went gangster on Jimmy boy & told him any coach could win with those team & what do you know Switzter did. Jimmy was a hell of a talent evaluator, but he missed just as much as he hit.....

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N

Jimmie get way too much credit, how did that Miami gig workout? My point is if Jerry wanted Dez he would be in that team, ask the Big Tuna who didn't want T.O. Jerry went gangster on Jimmy boy & told him any coach could win with those team & what do you know Switzter did. Jimmy was a hell of a talent evaluator, but he missed just as much as he hit.....

Not even comparable

90s Cowboys were built without a cap .... whole different era when Jimmy went to Miami

Too much credit? How the fuck to you get too much credit for building a Dynasty? Next thing you are gonna tell me is how Vince Lombardi got to much credit for the Packers :wtf2:

and don't bring up Switzer .... He was a TRUE run the ball coach .... all receiver stats went down with him here ..... and Emmitt got his best stats

Did you watch the 90s team or are you just guessing?

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talent alone doesn't make a great player.

Jesus Christ I feel like I am arguing with JDM right now. LOL
(We were debating great players the other day)

Many talented players wash out of the NFL & didn't do squat. Like I said elsewhere. People like to add the potential into reality, & then make a claim on how good a player is now. Dez doesn't belong in the same conversation of Irvin right now. If Dez doesn't get his head together, he never will!

Please don't bring Jesus into this, it is NOT that serious. The whole point of this thread is based on POTENTIAL thus thread is about a ROOKIE, I just threw Dez name out there because I wouldn't take the rookie over Dez as the OPS has suggested on many occasions. How anyone got out of that me saying Dez IS better than Irvin, I have :noidea: I guess this is what happens when threads get derailed.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
Love your passion to debate :becky:

Look if we had a WR to get doubled like Mike & could catch some clutch passes. That left the door open for Harper to go deep & get jump balls one on one. & use our WRs like K-Martin to move chains.
We were a run 1st team. So I am not talking plug a scrub into Mikes spot, but yes, we could have had a lot of WRs play mikes WR spot & still make the superbowl.

Problem is

Troy didn't throw many jump balls

He would fit that bitch into a small window though

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't bring Jesus into this, it is NOT that serious. The whole point of this thread is based on POTENTIAL thus thread is about a ROOKIE, I just threw Dez name out there because I wouldn't take the rookie over Dez as the OPS has suggested on many occasions. How anyone got out of that me saying Dez IS better than Irvin, I have :noidea: I guess this is what happens when threads get derailed.

LOL man

No one is mad

It's a good debate :suds:

Exactly what a forum is supposed to be

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I thought the Dez vs. Watkins debate was a fun one. Neither have proven they are great or HOF worthy yet.
But when you started comparing Dez to Irvins career, I did ask please stop the absurdness :suds::becky:

I compared there numbers in there first 4 yrs, NEVER could I compare their careers, Dez hasn't even entered his prime or will ever play with the talent Irvin did....:suds:

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL man

No one is mad

It's a good debate :suds:

Exactly what a forum is supposed to be

It's all gravy, some just took it to Cowboy on Cowboy crime :laugh3:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all gravy, some just took it to Cowboy on Cowboy crime :laugh3:

Nahhhh

It only gets out of hand when people throw insults or go personal

If we all had the same opinion a debate forum would be pointless

some people tend to forget that

Me I will argue football to no end ... but I dont get personal until others do

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dez hasn't even entered his prime, so he can be light years away because there are plenty of years ahead. Compare his numbers to the other #88 who is HOF bound @ this point in his career. Dez hasn't even scratch the surface of how GREAT he is going to be. This Watkins kids hasn't even caught a pass in the NFL, he could just as well be the next Warrick or Rogers. Don't act like Dez is chopped liver compared to a Unknown PROSPECT aka Flavor of this year's draft...... I dare to say he may not even be the best WR in his draft class. My sleeper is Beckham :whistle:
# No HOMER :suds:

Now let's see how Irvin was brought into the conversation.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was actually laughing when I wrote the part about JDM. I am not religious so trust me when I say I wasn't taking it serious. JDM is one of those posters once he says something, no matter what he wont budge from his original comments no matter what is said. He has no need to even read what anyone elses points are.

As far as Dez Watkins debate, which is a much more fun debate because all of it is speculations.
My belief is Watkins will be much more polished come year 4 of his career than Dez is now. So I lean towards Watkins will be better as of right now.
As far as having an unproven Watkins over Dez. that on its own doesn't make sense, I could see your point there. However Taking a chance on a player like Watkins who you would have for Cheap for 5 years, vs turning around & giving Dez a huge undeserved Contract. I would rather take the chance on Watkins. Not that we would ever be in position to get him, but since this has been the question on numerous threads now. In this Salary Cap era. I would rather have Watkins (for cheap) if all other GMs went stupid & let him fall to us, vs. overpaying Dez hoping he gets his shit straight.

So that is my take if you want to get back to the Dez/Watkins thing.

As far as the OP. I agree that I think Watkins will be that one in 10 years WR. (special)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is

Troy didn't throw many jump balls

He would fit that bitch into a small window though

well that is pretty true. So I counter with I loved when Troy hit harper in stride deep. (because Mike was doubled) :thumb:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually laughing when I wrote the part about JDM. I am not religious so trust me when I say I wasn't taking it serious. JDM is one of those posters once he says something, no matter what he wont budge from his original comments no matter what is said. He has no need to even read what anyone elses points are.

As far as Dez Watkins debate, which is a much more fun debate because all of it is speculations.
My belief is Watkins will be much more polished come year 4 of his career than Dez is now. So I lean towards Watkins will be better as of right now.
As far as having an unproven Watkins over Dez. that on its own doesn't make sense, I could see your point there. However Taking a chance on a player like Watkins who you would have for Cheap for 5 years, vs turning around & giving Dez a huge undeserved Contract. I would rather take the chance on Watkins. Not that we would ever be in position to get him, but since this has been the question on numerous threads now. In this Salary Cap era. I would rather have Watkins (for cheap) if all other GMs went stupid & let him fall to us, vs. overpaying Dez hoping he gets his shit straight.

So that is my take if you want to get back to the Dez/Watkins thing.

As far as the OP. I agree that I think Watkins will be that one in 10 years WR. (special)

Atleast you see my side of the debate on it

Pretty much my whole debate right there

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atleast you see my side of the debate on it

Pretty much my whole debate right there

We pretty much agreed from way back when these conversations started on this board, on all these points.

I don't think I am as hardcore as you on trading Dez, but I definitely would like a scenario where we could exploit that trade in our favor. I just don't want to pay him what I think he is gonna demand. Would rather let him walk. So if that were the case. Would rather trade him while we still have the rights to trade him. Would be awesome if we could get him to sign a contract basically incentive clad, where if he does what he thinks he could do, we would pay his demands, but if not, then he gets Cowboy friendly amount. If this happened though to be honest Dez should fire his agent LOL.
I am not Dez hating but trying to be Salary cap era smart.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not Dez hating but trying to be Salary cap era smart.

Me all the way Though I'm not a Dez fan..... Just think he has the highest trade value and don't want to pay him 12-15 million a year for potential

WHEN has that EVER worked out for the Cowboys?