• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Imma put myself out there

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if some of you guys haven't watched the past Cowboys teams ... or if so much time has passed you have forgotten how great they were......

Sometimes it just makes me throw my hands up

The ONLY player on this roster that could have played on the 90s Cowboys team is Jason Witten
Period

Name me one talented player Jimmy cut

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You Dez haters can't have it both ways, first you say this is a passing era so the numbers are not comparable. Then you say Dez couldn't play in that era. Just answer this one question if Dez played on those 90's team would they still not have won 2 SB? Put Irvin on the Current Cowboys how many SB?

#Dez wears #88 for a reason
nothing I said has anything to do with era's. Him dropping balls, & being inconsistent isn't good in any era!
Him being a sniveling brat, that is inconsistent, Dez Bryant would have been treated like Antonio Bryant, & Jimmy Johnson would have made him cry. If you like to compare a few plays a year between Dez & Irvin, go ahead. Comparing their careers....... well is absurd!

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WRONG

Walker stormed in his office and demanded the offense be ran around him

3 days later he was gone

And at the time .... Walker was the BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM

Walker was not his player, I guarantee he wouldnt have traded Emmitt if he did the exact same thing.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing I said has anything to do with era's. Him dropping balls, & being inconsistent isn't good in any era!
Him being a sniveling brat, that is inconsistent, Dez Bryant would have been treated like Antonio Bryant, & Jimmy Johnson would have made him cry. If you like to compare a few plays a year between Dez & Irvin, go ahead. Comparing their careers....... well is absurd!

Dez career has just begun & would you like to compare the first 4yrs? My point is Dez has the potential to be a HOF when it is all said & done. You can't not realistically compare anyone from the 90'to current players.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if some of you guys haven't watched the past Cowboys teams ... or if so much time has passed you have forgotten how great they were......

The ONLY player on this roster that could have played on the 90s Cowboys team is Jason Witten
Period

All depends. Are you saying straight swap. I'm sure Lee could play. Smith was a RT at USC. As good as the 90's OL was Smith just might have made it better. And yes if Dez was playing in the 90s he too would start. We Cowboy fans often envied Rice and Turner with the 9ers. Imagine Michael and Dez together.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is

and Imma say this straight up

Dez wouldn't have played on any of those 90s teams..... Walk off early on a Jimmy Johnson team?
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAA

His ass would have been the fuck out of the door

Drops the balls he does...... Ride the fucking bench

and the most important one ..... which Dez is famous for ... keep fighting and fumble

Jimmy probably wouldn't have allowed him back on the plane for the ride home. Probably made him rent a car and drive back to Dallas

think not .... He left Mike's ass for being late .... Mike had to buy his own plane ticket to the game

This is one of the biggest misconception about Jimmy, he never cut talented players like Dez, he made examples of scrubs. Mike & several other talented players were well know for having Coke parties & not one of then got cut....

he never said Cut. He said ride the pine & left behind but never said cut. You keep changing what we are saying :scratch:
Jimmy didn't cut his "great" players, but you are mistaken if you don't think he got on their asses. & then being great players, they listened. Throwing the ball to Irvin was Money. Emmitt as a workhorse was Money. Aikman bus driving the offense, was Money. You cant say that with Dez. he is like playing the slots. On a given play you are hoping for a Jackpot, but often you end up with...... lets try this again.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Period

All we used was fast small LBers. Sean Lee would have been a stud on the 90's team Twist.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker was not his player, I guarantee he wouldnt have traded Emmitt if he did the exact same thing.

Emmitt wasn't his player either

Jimmy wanted Blair Thomas

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S
he never said Cut. He said ride the pine & left behind but never said cut. You keep changing what we are saying :scratch:
Jimmy didn't cut his "great" players, but you are mistaken if you don't think he got on their asses. & then being great players, they listened. Throwing the ball to Irvin was Money. Emmitt as a workhorse was Money. Aikman bus driving the offense, was Money. You cant say that with Dez. he is like playing the slots. On a given play you are hoping for a Jackpot, but often you end up with...... lets try this again.

That is all fine & dandy, I am still waiting for you to answer the question. Plug in Dez on the 90's team for It Irvin, would the SB results not be the same????

#CHECK MATE :suds:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee WOULD NOT have started over Norton Jr ( He would have beat out Robert Jones though)

I can do this all night long

and dont need to google my responses

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S

That is all fine & dandy, I am still waiting for you to answer the question. Plug in Dez on the 90's team for It Irvin, would the SB results not be the same????

Not a debate

Dez isn't a jimmy player .... He wouldn't have been on the team ..... and if he was there before Jimmy .... He would have been trade bait

Period plain and simple

and Manster don't say line him up opposite Mike.

Back then you had a possession receiver and a deep threat.
Dez doesn't have the speed to be a deep threat and Mike was the possession receiver

Jimmy wanted Ishmail but he wanted too much money ... Harper is who we ended up with ( Russell Maryland ended up being our pick that year instead)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee WOULD NOT have started over Norton Jr ( He would have beat out Robert Jones though)

Lee could play any of the 3 LB positions, & he would have been a starter on the 90's team, maybe even over Norton Jr. (who was our 1st cap casualty when the cap was coming)
Don't know what the google comment is all about?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Dat Nguyen.

Got to remember Lee will be fine as an OLB as well as ILB

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmitt wasn't his player either

Jimmy wanted Blair Thomas

We are going in circles, I will agree to disagree on Jimmie & I will take Dez over Watkins. I don't know how this became a Dez vs Irvin with others.....:noidea:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S

I think we could plug a lot of WRs into the 90's team & still come up with the same amount of Superbowls. I honestly don't see how that allows you to claim Dez is as good as Irvin?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S

not saying they wouldnt But we were only one step ahead of that 49ers team in all of those years.... and the 49ers stole one of those

So .... Logic answer to me .... replace Mike with Dez ..... NO that 90s team isn't a dynasty

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could plug a lot of WRs into the 90's team & still come up with the same amount of Superbowls. I honestly don't see how that allows you to claim Dez is as good as Irvin?

FUCKING DISAGREE

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going in circles, I will agree to disagree on Jimmie & I will take Dez over Watkins. I don't know how this became a Dez vs Irvin with others.....:noidea:

Prolly the same way you made it Dez vs Watkins

When it was a boredom draft prediction

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man some of you guys devalue Mike so bad ....

Fuck it .... Imma pop a top

comparing greatness and a HOFer to a 4 year knuckle head

That says it all about current Cowboys Football

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a debate

Dez isn't a jimmy player .... He wouldn't have been on the team ..... and if he was there before Jimmy .... He would have been trade bait

Period plain and simple

and Manster don't say line him up opposite Mike.

Back then you had a possession receiver and a deep threat.
Dez doesn't have the speed to be a deep threat and Mike was the possession receiver

Jimmy wanted Ishmail but he wanted too much money ... Harper is who we ended up with ( Russell Maryland ended up being our pick that year instead)

Dez is a Jerry player, therefore he would have been on any Cowboys team, good way to avoid the question though.... By the way didn't Barry Switzer win a SB? :scratch: