• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Imma put myself out there

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually laughing when I wrote the part about JDM. I am not religious so trust me when I say I wasn't taking it serious. JDM is one of those posters once he says something, no matter what he wont budge from his original comments no matter what is said. He has no need to even read what anyone elses points are.

As far as Dez Watkins debate, which is a much more fun debate because all of it is speculations.
My belief is Watkins will be much more polished come year 4 of his career than Dez is now. So I lean towards Watkins will be better as of right now.
As far as having an unproven Watkins over Dez. that on its own doesn't make sense, I could see your point there. However Taking a chance on a player like Watkins who you would have for Cheap for 5 years, vs turning around & giving Dez a huge undeserved Contract. I would rather take the chance on Watkins. Not that we would ever be in position to get him, but since this has been the question on numerous threads now. In this Salary Cap era. I would rather have Watkins (for cheap) if all other GMs went stupid & let him fall to us, vs. overpaying Dez hoping he gets his shit straight.

So that is my take if you want to get back to the Dez/Watkins thing.

As far as the OP. I agree that I think Watkins will be that one in 10 years WR. (special)

It being purely about money of course it would be the right business move & then I would flip Watkins for the next hot thing smoking when it was time for him to get paid. In the real world at some point you have to overpay......

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the millions Jerry gave Romo is one reason we are cap strapped and why we must be cap conscious

Jerry being cap conscious will still involve keeping Dez

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but I actually think Dez will give Jerry some kind of discount.
then his agent will get fired for it.
This is Dez's one true "sure" chance at a huge payday. if after this contract he hasn't became elite, he wont get another huge one. Right now he can still get paid off of potential. After another 4 or 5 years it is all about what you see is what you get. This isn't the time for a player like Dez to give a discount. This will be his most important contract he makes. No way at this time in his career will he give a discount. if you look at it from a players point of view.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll
then his agent will get fired for it.
This is Dez's one true "sure" chance at a huge payday. if after this contract he hasn't became elite, he wont get another huge one. Right now he can still get paid off of potential. After another 4 or 5 years it is all about what you see is what you get. This isn't the time for a player like Dez to give a discount. This will be his most important contract he makes. No way at this time in his career will he give a discount. if you look at it from a players point of view.

Taking 12mil instead of 13mil can be a discount. I am not talking crackhead prices & the way the contract is constructed can also be beneficial.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy

And HATE to say this

I think Dez ends up with a 5 year deal averaging 15 million a year with 30-35 million guaranteed

and yeah I think he stays a Cowboy

My OPINION is not Jerry's opinion

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy but I actually think Dez will give Jerry some kind of discount.

Call me Crazy but I believe D. Ware hinted he may take a pay cut to help the team. These guys aren't giving up money to help their team too often. I hope Dez remains in Dallas but I'm not buying his jersey.