• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, I work with a die hard Chiefs fans...

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And right off the bat he's talking smack to me this morning about how we've both got the same record, and the "Chiefs defense is gonna be able to hang with Denver's O" and all that jazz........he's such a douchewad

Can't wait until we get them and stomp their ass in a few weeks :finger:

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chiefs are crazy better this year, but... the chiefs Defense will find a hard time stopping a 45 point a game offense and that is a low number because 4 games in a row now we have pretty much stopped going hard on O in the 4th quarter.. Be a good game to watch but I am not overly worried about it.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And right off the bat he's talking smack to me this morning about how we've both got the same record, and the "Chiefs defense is gonna be able to hang with Denver's O" and all that jazz........he's such a douchewad

Can't wait until we get them and stomp their ass in a few weeks :finger:

Roll with it, man! Stuff like this is what makes football season fun! Two rivals sitting at 4-0. One got there by playing defense the other using a record setting offense. This is awesome! Especially since we all know the Chiefs defensive stats are going to get mauled after they play the Broncos. I hope both teams are 9-0 going into their first game against each other.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roll with it, man! Stuff like this is what makes football season fun! Two rivals sitting at 4-0. One got there by playing defense the other using a record setting offense. This is awesome! Especially since we all know the Chiefs defensive stats are going to get mauled after they play the Broncos. I hope both teams are 9-0 going into their first game against each other.

It actually would be fun to have the battle of the undefeated teams face off. I will say I have actually been impressed with the Chiefs this year at least on defense. That offense of theirs is mediocre at best and well against the Broncos unfortunately you need both to hang with the Broncos. Grim rpr is right though this offense has taken its foot off the pedal a couple of times now so I can't imagine what would happen if they actually found themselves in a shootout and let Manning and this offense keep it pushed down the whole game. Yesterday was one of the first times in my life I honestly thought we were going to just put up 70 points in a game.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly! Until someone loses an eye, of course. I like our chances of retaining our vision, but I do think that KC is a quality team that is capable of testing us, particularly at Arrowhead in December, which is something that could be beneficial when the playoffs start.

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus... ICK... they get to play the Texans and Colts at home and don't play the Patriots, we are away all three of those games !!

grim rpr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which, by the way is a huge reason we must win both games against the Chiefs

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which, by the way is a huge reason we must win both games against the Chiefs

I think it's doable, but that is going to be a tough stretch for the Broncos. They come out of the bye week and get the Chargers. Then the get the Chiefs at home, followed by road games @ new England and Kansas city. Who you play is one thing, but when you play them and inwhat order makes a difference as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's doable, but that is going to be a tough stretch for the Broncos. They come out of the bye week and get the Chargers. Then the get the Chiefs at home, followed by road games @ new England and Kansas city. Who you play is one thing, but when you play them and inwhat order makes a difference as well.

The Broncos need some tough games late in the season though in my opinion. Last year the Broncos could have slept through a few of those last games and still won. If the Broncos can survive that stretch it will definitely go a long way to helping us be ready for the playoffs.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell your pal that Peyton is 3-1 lifetime vs. Fat Andy for what it's worth.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos need some tough games late in the season though in my opinion. Last year the Broncos could have slept through a few of those last games and still won. If the Broncos can survive that stretch it will definitely go a long way to helping us be ready for the playoffs.

I agree. A few late season scares may help this team renew it's focus going into the playoffs. And if you look at the slate after the bye, the Broncos will likely get some resistance down the stretch.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus... ICK... they get to play the Texans and Colts at home and don't play the Patriots, we are away all three of those games !!

When the schedules were first released, those were 3 of the 4 games I thought we could possibly lose this year (the Giants being the 4th LMFAO!).

Through the first month of the season I no longer think any of those 3 teams will really stand much of a chance. Our opponents only real hope in beating this team is if Peyton just has a flat out off day, or we just completely fall apart on defense for a game.

Doesn't seem too likely...

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I can't freaking wait to play the Chiefs this year. I want to see how good our offense is, and I want to see how good their defense is.

Honestly, I think the Chiefs can slow down our offense, but I doubt they can stop it for 4 quarters. I think this Denver offense, barring injury, will hang 30 on anyone. Look at these numbers: 35, 31, 27, 31. Those are numbers that Denver has scored in a HALF in each of their games. Most teams would be happy with those numbers in a game, and those are scores for a half.

So if you believe Denver can score 30, then you have to wonder if the Chiefs can put up 30 on us. That's a tall order for their offense, especially since they basically have zero threat down field. Their offensive line has really struggled in pass protection, and when we play them we'll have Von back to help the pass rush.

Although much improved, I just don't see the Chiefs being on the same level with Denver.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I can't freaking wait to play the Chiefs this year. I want to see how good our offense is, and I want to see how good their defense is.

Honestly, I think the Chiefs can slow down our offense, but I doubt they can stop it for 4 quarters. I think this Denver offense, barring injury, will hang 30 on anyone. Look at these numbers: 35, 31, 27, 31. Those are numbers that Denver has scored in a HALF in each of their games. Most teams would be happy with those numbers in a game, and those are scores for a half.

So if you believe Denver can score 30, then you have to wonder if the Chiefs can put up 30 on us. That's a tall order for their offense, especially since they basically have zero threat down field. Their offensive line has really struggled in pass protection, and when we play them we'll have Von back to help the pass rush.

Although much improved, I just don't see the Chiefs being on the same level with Denver.

key would be keeping Manning and the offense off the field as much as possible. then i could see us having a chance. imo this series will be a split or the Donks may sweep us. i can't see taking 2 from a team this loaded(as much as it positively pains me to say it)...

oh, and what's Donnie Avery if he isn't a deep threat...?

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs will come back to Earth after visiting Nashville on Sunday.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you DO realize the smack you're gonna hear Monday from me if you happen to be WRONG, Hammer...:lol:

I would put a Titans win somewhere between probable and likely. But even then one cannot ignore how god the Chiefs defense has been. This will be a good game.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put a Titans win somewhere between probable and likely. But even then one cannot ignore how god the Chiefs defense has been. This will be a good game.

agreed. and i'm TOTALLY looking forward to it...

oh, and Hammer. just to make it fun i say an av bet says the Chiefs win this one. i'll wear your team's colors for a week if i'm wrong, you do the same if i'm right. whatta you say...?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
key would be keeping Manning and the offense off the field as much as possible. then i could see us having a chance. imo this series will be a split or the Donks may sweep us. i can't see taking 2 from a team this loaded(as much as it positively pains me to say it)...

Keeping the offense off the field though is easier said than done, and even when it works it might not be that much help. Take a look at yesterday's game, for example. The Eagles had the ball for just over 18 minutes in the first half, and still trailed 21-13 at halftime.

But good point about beating a tough team twice, and that's especially true in this series. Whenever I look at the schedule, I always chalk up the game in KC as a loss. Even last year we barely won at Arrowhead. So I'd say the most likely scenario is a split, with each team winning at home.

oh, and what's Donnie Avery if he isn't a deep threat...?

Avery can be a deep threat, but the Chiefs aren't really using him that way. In fact, they've barely thrown the ball deep all season. I think it's a combination of suspect pass protection, Andy Reid's West Coast offensive philosophy, and Alex Smith's risk aversion style. Frankly, the Chiefs just don't scare defenses down the field.