• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins draft thread

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say as of right now we will draft in the top 5 so we could get.De /dt darren williams usc, de /olb randy gregory, ol peat, or cb pj williams or the bama safety collins

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is alot of time between now and then. Alot of things could be in play (Orakpo walking, RG or KC trade, Hazlett gone/new Defense, FA). But there a number of different directions they could go. Secondary and Offensive Line would be at the top of my list. If one of the QBs were traded, that would likely give us 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. A long term starter at all of those spots is a MUST. Whatever the position might be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is alot of time between now and then. Alot of things could be in play (Orakpo walking, RG or KC trade, Hazlett gone/new Defense, FA). But there a number of different directions they could go. Secondary and Offensive Line would be at the top of my list. If one of the QBs were traded, that would likely give us 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. A long term starter at all of those spots is a MUST. Whatever the position might be.

Cousins looks average at best, and Rg3 looks average and fragile. Would you honestly trade a top 100 pick for either of these guys right now?? IM not sure if either will pan out, but I dont expect us to trade either one, and if we do I dont see us getting a prime pick for either.

As for what we draft, I think Danny does the Jerry Jones and sinks mad capitol into the O-line.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark I don't now if you have a top 5 pick and you have trent williams do you draft a rt that high or just draft bpa

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark I don't now if you have a top 5 pick and you have trent williams do you draft a rt that high or just draft bpa

When the predominant excuse has been, the O-line sucks and thats why we fail.... if you have the #1 pick in the draft you take an O-lineman period.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the predominant excuse has been, the O-line sucks and thats why we fail.... if you have the #1 pick in the draft you take an O-lineman period.
but when ur team sucks u go bpa. just because we want the o line to get upgraded doesnt mean we want our first 3 picks to all be used on the o line. it doesnt even mean we want one in the first round. id be happy as hell if we took landon collins or leonard williams. and just because this board says something it doesnt mean allen will listen. allen usually does something no one had expected. so we will probably draft a rb, te and wr with the first three picks.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we have a top 10 pick more then likely the Best available player will be probably be an offensive lineman

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's where the whole BPA thing falls apart. Let's say that the BPA is at a position that is well stocked on a particular team, doesn't the BPA become the BPA at the position of need and not the overall BPA? Using that logic if a team stayed in the top half of the draft long enough they could literally draft........QB...RB.....RB....QB........WR.....WR...>QB...QB....RB....WR without ever addressing their needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's where the whole BPA thing falls apart. Let's say that the BPA is at a position that is well stocked on a particular team, doesn't the BPA become the BPA at the position of need and not the overall BPA? Using that logic if a team stayed in the top half of the draft long enough they could literally draft........QB...RB.....RB....QB........WR.....WR...>QB...QB....RB....WR without ever addressing their needs.

Well BPA at a position of need of course. There aren't many positions that we don't have a need. Assuming we are picking Top 10, I would say RB (AM) and QB are off the table (because of what we spent for RG a few short years ago). Some positions are not going to be realistic at a Top 10 spot, just because of the nature of that position and where they are usually drafted (G, C, probably most ILBs and Safeties). That leaves CB, OLB, and DL on D and probably only OT on O. If we are picking outside or on the upper half of the Top 10, positions such as a can't miss ILB, S, or maybe even G come into play. Thats usually how it works anyway.

Long ways to go, but unless Moses really shows us something the rest of the way, I would bet CB, S, or OT will be the pick...

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if we have the first pick and we don't need a qb logic will say best left tackle but we got trent williams at left tackle so do we'draft oline with the'first pick of draft at rt?

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry i should have said bpa at a position of need.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have this debate every year stymie

you 1st make a list of your needs

then you target those needs and draft the BPA at a positions of need

if there isnt value there you either trade out of the pick or pick the BPA on your board regardless of position

and shark it isnt an excuse about the o/line or any other need we have and if you cant see it then you are blind

you need to wake up shark and understand that we may never get a franchise qb who can lift up crappy talent

so instead of that you build up the supporting cast and help your qb

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the best available player is a LT at our pick which more then likely be a high draft pick you select him and put him at RT

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Are your sure who agrees with this

Why not?? Or, as someone else said... If we end up with a Top 5, then trade the pick and end up with a mid first and a second, hell maybe even a 1st in 2016. This team needs some top end talent on both lines and in the secondary. The FO has proven that outside of the 1st and maybe the 2nd in some cases, they do not have an eye for the talent.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have this debate every year stymie

you 1st make a list of your needs

then you target those needs and draft the BPA at a positions of need

if there isnt value there you either trade out of the pick or pick the BPA on your board regardless of position

and shark it isnt an excuse about the o/line or any other need we have and if you cant see it then you are blind

you need to wake up shark and understand that we may never get a franchise qb who can lift up crappy talent

so instead of that you build up the supporting cast and help your qb

After a certain amount of time a good reason becomes a bad excuse. I really think we have reached that point as far as the o-line goes. It is statistically damn near impossible for EVERY offensive lineman a team brings in to totally suck. So yea, we have passed the point of it being a reason to the realm of convenient excuse.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm becoming convinced that the problem with this franchise over the last 15 years is that we never accepted that we suck so we never have really gone through a rebuilding period. I'm talking about a purging of aging vets, bringing in youth, and struggling for a few years while they develop into a team. We kinda do it but then we go ahead and sign a few aging vets thinking they can stop gap us as we make a run. These are players like Colfield, Bowen, Hatcher, Clark, Lavauo, Chester, Merriweather, Hall, Moss, etc. While we aren't going after the really over priced FAs anymore, we still are over paying these guys for the production we get. But more importantly, they are taking developmental snaps from the young guys we need to develop.
If we truly want to get out of the cycle, we have to dump all of these guys. Trade them for what ever draft picks we can get. We need to go into the next 2-3 drafts loaded with picks. We also need to start letting the young guys we have drafted over the last few years get some playing time. These are guys like Compton, Moses, Murphy, Long, Thomas, Minnifield, We need to find out if we have any keepers in our current crop. We already found out that Rambo was not a keeper. Those that don't rise, we jettison and replace. Those that show potential, we keep and develop. In a few years, when we have found and developed a good corps of young, hungry players, then we start to wade back into the FA market for veterans that can fill the gaps and provide leadership. But doing it before we have the foundation in is just wasting money and providing false hope.

If we don't do this, we will continue this endless cycle of frustration and cellar dwelling.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a certain amount of time a good reason becomes a bad excuse. I really think we have reached that point as far as the o-line goes. It is statistically damn near impossible for EVERY offensive lineman a team brings in to totally suck. So yea, we have passed the point of it being a reason to the realm of convenient excuse.

well i dont think that they all suck shark , williams is a pro bowler year in and year out lavou and stiger are serviable , chestre is old and polumbus isnt talented enough

i see weakness up the middle and its hurting both qbs

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i dont think that they all suck shark , williams is a pro bowler year in and year out lavou and stiger are serviable , chestre is old and polumbus isnt talented enough

i see weakness up the middle and its hurting both qbs

Lavou and Stieger would not start on any other team. Its these types of players that keeps us in the cellar. They are as good as they are ever going to be, which is not very good. Granted, we probably can't replace 4 linemen in the next year, so we may have to keep one or both for another year. But if a stud C is available in the draft, take him and don't look back. We need to get Long into the line up with LeRebieus to see if we have any keepers between the 2.