• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins are going to spank you guys

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should win this one, but somehow it really wouldn't surprise me if Seattle loses a key player on that crappy field and Cousins has the game of his life while the Redskins pull off some huge upset. Then again I tend to expect the worst.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorta disagree with that. I think the defense had a bad game against the Chargers but Rivers had a near flawless game. Throwing come backs over and over is tough. A guy like Rivers can do it usually because he has a quick release and doesn't telegraph much. Not sure that Cousins is ready to engage in a short passing attack all game. He telegraphs one pass for a pick 6 and that's that.

We'll be fine as long as it's not 120 degrees in DC that day.... That was brutal conditions... People can say it's and excuse all they want.. When your defense is getting IV fluid and cramping all around the field it has and impact... My biggest concern is our 3rd down pass coverage right now... We need to clean that up...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want two things to happen in this game:

1) A win.

2) A team that comes out of it as healthy as they went into it.

I'm not overly concerned with the pass defense at this point. This goes back to the "blueprint" discussion we had a couple weeks ago. Yes, statistically the Hawks are #19 in the league passing yards allowed, which doesn't look that good until you put it into context. They went up against three of the top 5 quarterbacks in the league in the first three weeks of the season and managed to come out of that stretch with stifling performances against Rodgers and Manning (save for a couple of drives in the 4th quarter of the Broncos game) and a subpar performance against Rivers (a guy who completed nearly 70% of his passes last year and has completed over 70% of his passes so far this year) in 120+ degree on-field heat. There aren't a lot of defenses out there that are going to hold up as well against those three quarterbacks as the Seahawks did.

On the flip-side, this will be the first real test of the Seahawks run defense this year after facing three teams that just don't run very much. Washington only has the 12th most rushing yards per game so far this season, but that's a lot better than any of the three rushing offenses we've seen so far.

Offensively, I'd like to see fewer jet sweep fakes this week and more actual jet sweeps if they're gonna put it in the gameplan every week. As we saw last week, teams aren't gonna bite on the fakes for very long if you don't force them to actually account for the jet sweep by running it occasionally. Better timing between Wilson and Harvin on passing plays would be nice too. They just seemed a bit out of synch with each other against Denver. Hopefully the bye week helps with that. I'd like to see the other receivers get involved more too. I've enjoyed seeing Lockette's overall improvement as a wide receiver, but he's the only receiver on the team with any touchdowns so far. That's gotta change.

Finally, the turf they use at FedEx field should make fans of every team, including Washington, that has to play there nervous. It's a safety hazard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game Seattle should win. 2 weeks off for Russell and Pete & Co to come up with a game plan.
I would like to see more pressure on the opposing QB.
That is why we are giving up more passing yards compared to last year. Offsetting that has been a run stuff D so far.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I don't buy in to this kind of thinking at all. Somehow a team is going to try harder after a bad loss? These are NFL players. They're not taking a game off and giving more effort in another one from week 4-5.

Desperation mode isn't something a bad team just clicks into and becomes better. It means they're a bad team.

Now, that doesn't mean Washington can't win Monday night, just that I don't believe the reason for them winning is simply because they lost so badly the week before and now really don't want to lose.

It's not about taking games off and giving more effort the next week. Normally when a team gets embarrassed especially on national TV, the following week the next team that plays them has a tougher game. Tampa Bay gets smoked on Thursday night and turns around and beats the Steelers. I don't understand why it happens I just hope Seattle can go into D.C. and walk out with a win.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chancellor is playing hurt and the linebackers have underachieved so far. It's no surprise Gates tore us a new one and the Broncos (who are VERY good at short passing) managed to come back later in the game (although there was quite a few of deep passes).

I'm concerned with the Skins and Lynch. I feel Kerrigan/Orakpo can put pressure on Wilson but considering what Jennings did to the Skins, Lynch should go HAM. Jennings =/= Lynch.

On the offensive front, I feel the best weapons the Skins have are their WRs (not their TEs/running game). That bodes well for Seattle with ET, Maxwell, Sherman.

Any given Sunday (of course) but I give Seattle a 24-13 game.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell as long as we come out with a win I could care less about the score nothing comes free in the NFL im sure the redskins dont want to have happen in the giants game again on monday they wont make this easy. Also like someone pointed out already with that cheap field I hope none of our key players get hurt that Chris clemons injury the last time we played there hurt us in the playoffs when facing atlanta. even if we win it would suck if we lost michael bennett, wagner, okung or anybody 7 or 8weeks without a bye week to an injury