• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins are going to spank you guys

enkay21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sike, this is going to be a slaughter.

If there were a weakness on the defense this year what would you say it is? In my eyes - and maybe this is too simple - when you have a mistake prone QB, a terrible pass D but a very strong running game then you feed the rock to your backs 25+ times a game (read: Dallas, now 3-1).

I'm sure the Skins will air it out 40 times though.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is pretty decent against the run. Rivers had good success with those little dink and dunk type passes. The quick crossing routes and come-backs seem to be what works against our secondary best. Seattle defends the intermediate and long stuff probably as good as any team in the league but they can be vulnerable on the short stuff.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is pretty decent against the run. Rivers had good success with those little dink and dunk type passes. The quick crossing routes and come-backs seem to be what works against our secondary best. Seattle defends the intermediate and long stuff probably as good as any team in the league but they can be vulnerable on the short stuff.

True, and if the Skins had Reed and Paul then things would be interesting. Without either of them, not gonna be pretty for the Hogettes.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres some history here. Remember the playoff game 2 years back where trent williams punched sherman at the center of field hand shake. Classy dude.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still respect guys like Kerrigan and Orakpo rushing the passer. Okung and Britt have been inconsistent thus far and w/o Miller to help block its something to watch. I think if Russell can get protection and attack that secondary minus Deangelo Hall then they should have success.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing's guaranteed in the NFL, especially when going on the road. As crazy as it seems right now, the Redskins could win.

That being said, if the Seahawks come out and play to their ability, they should win comfortably. Hopefully the get good pressure on Cousins and force him into some of those throws we saw last Thursday.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating the Broncos, having a bye , then traveling cross country to play a team that has had some problems, sets this game up as a trap game.
Now I know Pete and the coaching staff do their best to keep the players thinking one game at a time, but human nature and all , makes worry some.
Also for the Redskins, winning this game would go a long way to keeping the morale up. Cousins is going to want to play much better then his last outing.
What I would like to see, is the Seahawks dominate start to finish, but I got a feeling that is not going to be the case. I still think the Seahawks win however.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating the Broncos, having a bye , then traveling cross country to play a team that has had some problems, sets this game up as a trap game.
Now I know Pete and the coaching staff do their best to keep the players thinking one game at a time, but human nature and all , makes worry some.
Also for the Redskins, winning this game would go a long way to keeping the morale up. Cousins is going to want to play much better then his last outing.
What I would like to see, is the Seahawks dominate start to finish, but I got a feeling that is not going to be the case. I still think the Seahawks win however.

I think being on MNF takes some of the trappyness out of this game. You know this team LOVES the spotlight the primetime games bring, and we all know our record in home primetime games, but I believe the road record under pete on PT games is pretty damn good too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think being on MNF takes some of the trappyness out of this game. You know this team LOVES the spotlight the primetime games bring, and we all know our record in home primetime games, but I believe the road record under pete on PT games is pretty damn good too.

That's a good point.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in DC metro and would be going to this game if I didn't hate the idea of giving Dan Snyder money. I just won't do it, for a whole lot of reasons.

In any case, I think BSUSeahawk has it about right.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure we are 10-1 on PT games since Pete has been our HC.
The 1 loss was TNF.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Okung even playing? Thought he was out for awhile. We need to concentrate on stopping Morris. If we do that, Cousins will more then likely screw up a few times and we should be ok.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Okung even playing? Thought he was out for awhile. We need to concentrate on stopping Morris. If we do that, Cousins will more then likely screw up a few times and we should be ok.

Okung isn't currently on the injury report.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres some history here. Remember the playoff game 2 years back where trent williams punched sherman at the center of field hand shake. Classy dude.
Who cares?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough spot because the Redskins are coming of an embarrassing loss at home and are now in desperation mode to win or watch the season slip away.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sike, this is going to be a slaughter.

If there were a weakness on the defense this year what would you say it is? In my eyes - and maybe this is too simple - when you have a mistake prone QB, a terrible pass D but a very strong running game then you feed the rock to your backs 25+ times a game (read: Dallas, now 3-1).

I'm sure the Skins will air it out 40 times though.

The weakness to date has been in the short pass defense. The LB's have not been as dialed in to particularly the under zone pass defense as they were last year. Again, early in the season and with two weeks to prepare for this game I'd expect a lot of that to be cleaned up.

The rest is in the injuries and lack of depth at CB. Maxwell has been really bad at times and their nickle is a guy that didn't have a team to start the season. I haven't heard if either of our injured guys will be back for this game, but they are the guys your OC will be going after.

While they might find some success on the short-medium passing game, I still expect Seattle to keep them from turning into explosive plays.

I wouldn't hang hopes on having the running game save the day either. They completely shut down Denver's running game.

Funny things happen on road games so I'm not saying this is a slam dunk for Seattle by any means. It's just that they don't turn the ball over much and have a very strong defense.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough spot because the Redskins are coming of an embarrassing loss at home and are now in desperation mode to win or watch the season slip away.
Sorry but I don't buy in to this kind of thinking at all. Somehow a team is going to try harder after a bad loss? These are NFL players. They're not taking a game off and giving more effort in another one from week 4-5.

Desperation mode isn't something a bad team just clicks into and becomes better. It means they're a bad team.

Now, that doesn't mean Washington can't win Monday night, just that I don't believe the reason for them winning is simply because they lost so badly the week before and now really don't want to lose.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weakness to date has been in the short pass defense. The LB's have not been as dialed in to particularly the under zone pass defense as they were last year. Again, early in the season and with two weeks to prepare for this game I'd expect a lot of that to be cleaned up.

The rest is in the injuries and lack of depth at CB. Maxwell has been really bad at times and their nickle is a guy that didn't have a team to start the season. I haven't heard if either of our injured guys will be back for this game, but they are the guys your OC will be going after.

While they might find some success on the short-medium passing game, I still expect Seattle to keep them from turning into explosive plays.

I wouldn't hang hopes on having the running game save the day either. They completely shut down Denver's running game.

Funny things happen on road games so I'm not saying this is a slam dunk for Seattle by any means. It's just that they don't turn the ball over much and have a very strong defense.

I sorta disagree with that. I think the defense had a bad game against the Chargers but Rivers had a near flawless game. Throwing come backs over and over is tough. A guy like Rivers can do it usually because he has a quick release and doesn't telegraph much. Not sure that Cousins is ready to engage in a short passing attack all game. He telegraphs one pass for a pick 6 and that's that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorta disagree with that. I think the defense had a bad game against the Chargers but Rivers had a near flawless game. Throwing come backs over and over is tough. A guy like Rivers can do it usually because he has a quick release and doesn't telegraph much. Not sure that Cousins is ready to engage in a short passing attack all game. He telegraphs one pass for a pick 6 and that's that.

I did say it's early in the season and I expected most of it to be cleaned up. And I didn't say it was a total failure, just where their small weakness has been. Hell, Peyton was only able to take any real advantage of either of those passing game shortcomings over those last two drives.

The Seahawks are as good as any team in the league at keeping any shortcomings from killing them. And lets face it, we have come to have very high standards after last year and all I'm doing is comparing them both and that's what I see.

Overall I think this offense will take a step or two forward and the defense has taken at least a step back, but not a huge step and some of it is injury/depth related at CB so it may not be a lingering problem all season.

What do I think should happen on Monday night? Well the Giants shut down the skins running game and forced them to be one dimensional and totally exploited their inexperienced QB. I expect things will be far worse for them this game. Only way this game is close is if there are uncharacteristic turnovers. Now the hawks have their own problems such as not having Miller for this game. I don't think their running game is as strong because of it, but I fully expect the defense to destroy their team so I'm not sure it matters that much.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in DC metro and would be going to this game if I didn't hate the idea of giving Dan Snyder money. I just won't do it, for a whole lot of reasons.

In any case, I think BSUSeahawk has it about right.

I got my tickets on the secondary market. Feels less dirty that way.