• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Rams Trade for Philips Rivers?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just having some fun with you Cougar. You are entitled to your opinions as you well know. I thinks Snisher will entertain the notion of trade for Rivers all of two seconds and that'll be the extent of it.

I believe if Rivers called Fisher and said he wants to be a Ram I think it would take Fisher and Snead about 2 seconds to say hell yes. :nod:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a matter of not wanting him, it's a matter of realizing he's not coming.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coug, I'm surprised you haven't changed your profile picture yet! While Rivers may be an elite QB, I believe he has seen his better days. I have had him as my fantasy QB for the past 3 years and I have watched a ton of his games. He did leave a couple games last year with little nagging injuries. I have also noticed that he threw alot of sidearm passes last year, wondering if maybe something is wrong with him?

Obviously in his prime I would take him over Foles, but at this point I think we are just fine with Foles!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he had 4300 yards 31 TDs and a QBR of 94 last year. And yes that is a down year for him. He's only 33 not that old for a QB. He has at least 4 good years left. I would give up a couple high picks and Foles in a heartbeat for him. The Rams will not be able to keep all these guys on D forever the window will start to close next year. I don't think the chargers will trade him that would be crazy if they do. Come on man no team in the NFL would take Foles over Rivers.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he had 4300 yards 31 TDs and a QBR of 94 last year. And yes that is a down year for him. He's only 33 not that old for a QB. He has at least 4 good years left. I would give up a couple high picks and Foles in a heartbeat for him. The Rams will not be able to keep all these guys on D forever the window will start to close next year. I don't think the chargers will trade him that would be crazy if they do. Come on man no team in the NFL would take Foles over Rivers.

If you trade for Rivers, he brings his big salary with him. Rams would have to shed his $16M to fit under the cap.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take 3-4 years of pro bowl or close to pro bowl level Rivers in a heartbeat. And the Rams would too.

But him being traded isn't happening. All these rumors are time fillers between the now & the draft. And quotes from the Chargers or Rivers are nothing more than posturing in advance of new contract negotiations. Traveling up or down I5 90-120 minutes in a chauffeured luxury car isn't that big of a deal & wouldn't require him to relocate to the LA area if the team moves there.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you trade for Rivers, he brings his big salary with him. Rams would have to shed his $16M to fit under the cap.

Well if were playing fantasy here that's easy... Trade Chris Long for a 3rd or 4th Rd pick. Now we have the cap space and an extra pick. And then draft big bud Dupree! To take over for Long. :nod:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take 3-4 years of pro bowl or close to pro bowl level Rivers in a heartbeat. And the Rams would too.

But him being traded isn't happening. All these rumors are time fillers between the now & the draft. And quotes from the Chargers or Rivers are nothing more than posturing in advance of new contract negotiations. Traveling up or down I5 90-120 minutes in a chauffeured luxury car isn't that big of a deal & wouldn't require him to relocate to the LA area if the team moves there.

I completely agree teams don't trade away franchise quarterback's. It just doesn't make sense. But I want him lol.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree teams don't trade away franchise quarterback's. It just doesn't make sense. But I want him lol.

Didn't the Rams just do that:)

And by, "I want him" do you mean as our QB, or you want him like the last guy you "wanted" with every fiber in your body?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Rams just do that:)

And by, "I want him" do you mean as our QB, or you want him like the last guy you "wanted" with every fiber in your body?

Sam never proved he was a franchise QB. I think he could be if he could stay on the field. Rivers is a top 5 QB on a different level. maybe only behind Brady, Rodgers and Manning.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam never proved he was a franchise QB. I think he could be if he could stay on the field. Rivers is a top 5 QB on a different level. maybe only behind Brady, Rodgers and Manning.

WHAT? That's all we have heard from you the past year, that he "is" a franchise QB and that's why EVERYONE wants him!

While Rivers is very very good QB, he has never lead San Diego to any kind of playoff success, and he has had some good weapons!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade for Rivers after we traded for Foles? Why?

They are about the same really, but Foles is younger.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT? That's all we have heard from you the past year, that he "is" a franchise QB and that's why EVERYONE wants him!

While Rivers is very very good QB, he has never lead San Diego to any kind of playoff success, and he has had some good weapons!

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl either. Guess you wouldn't want him? I don't know their D is usually avg and besides Gates I wouldn't say he's had a lot of weapons. I do think he makes his WR's better then they are.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade for Rivers after we traded for Foles? Why?

They are about the same really, but Foles is younger.

Foles is like Rivers? How can you say that. Rivers has put up crazy stats for over 10 years. A couple more good years and if he can get a super bowl win he probably is in the HOF some day. Foles has a ways to go.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd stick with Nick Foles and his 1.5 million dollar contract and see what he can do this season. Trading for Phllip Rivers will cost us a fortune.

Would you say the same thing about Payton Manning? I personally would take Rivers over Manning at this point in their careers. Manning is way more likely to get hurt and run out of gas in the playoffs like he did last year. I mean guys come on. do we have a better shot at winning 2 Super Bowls in the next 4 years with Foles or Rivers at QB? It's about winning Super Bowls right?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl either. Guess you wouldn't want him? I don't know their D is usually avg and besides Gates I wouldn't say he's had a lot of weapons. I do think he makes his WR's better then they are.

Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl, gee thanks for the insightful fact, at least he's been to one!
You are right other than one of the greatest TE's ever he hasn't had much to work with!!
Tomlinson= slug
V. Jackson=slouch
K. Allen=bust
M. Flyod= nobody
D. Sprouls= wanna be

If I was the Rams I would love to have had either Jackson or Floyd to throw to, both 6'5" and better than anything we have had for years. Allen, Take him in a heart beat, Tomlinson or Sprouls running or catching passes out of the backfield, duh!

Ya, youre right, Rivers hasn't had a whole lot to work with, other than the two future HOFamers, or the hack receivers that he has had.
As far as the SD defense, they have been pretty decent, even better back when they had Seau!

You're not getting it Coug, we have Foles, while not as good as Rivers, he is good enough for us to win with, how much better would we be with Rivers? And you don't think we would have to give up more than a pick for him? He wouldn't make that big a difference, and he's kind of a whiney baby, no thank you!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you say the same thing about Payton Manning? I personally would take Rivers over Manning at this point in their careers. Manning is way more likely to get hurt and run out of gas in the playoffs like he did last year. I mean guys come on. do we have a better shot at winning 2 Super Bowls in the next 4 years with Foles or Rivers at QB? It's about winning Super Bowls right?

Again Coug, Rivers has never been to the SB, but he is going to take us to the promised land twice in the next 4 years. He has had more talent with SD than he would with us! Is Rivers Yiur new Sammie, GOD I hope not,