• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the playoff committee do the selction blind?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
If they know enough to be on the committee then they should know who the teams are even labeled A,B, and C.

I dont think the resume would actually be "blind" and Im not even sure that is really the point of doing it per se. I think the point is to make you look at the raw data first before you look a the team name. That is why the CBB committee does it. They eventually discuss the teams themselves but their first look is solely at the numbers as opposed to the teams and their names.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the resume would actually be "blind" and Im not even sure that is really the point of doing it per se. I think the point is to make you look at the raw data first before you look a the team name. That is why the CBB committee does it. They eventually discuss the teams themselves but their first look is solely at the numbers as opposed to the teams and their names.

68 teams compared to picking 4. That is why they have to go by the stats first. To make it easier to pick the lower 15-20 teams. Cannot be done with 4 teams without each member knowing exactly who is who.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
68 teams compared to picking 4. That is why they have to go by the stats first. To make it easier to pick the lower 15-20 teams. Cannot be done with 4 teams without each member knowing exactly who is who.

While you may be picking 4 you are probably comparing 8-10 teams. While I think some people would know the raw data others may not. For example in the OP I listed 2 teams and those are similar resumes from 2 teams during the BCS. 1 team made the title game and one did not. By looking at the data first without the team names you may have ended up with a different result. We will almost never just be deciding amongst 4 teams because if we were then a committee wouldnt really be necessary. There will almost always be at least double that many in contention for the 4 spots.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you may be picking 4 you are probably comparing 8-10 teams. While I think some people would know the raw data others may not. For example in the OP I listed 2 teams and those are similar resumes from 2 teams during the BCS. 1 team made the title game and one did not. By looking at the data first without the team names you may have ended up with a different result. We will almost never just be deciding amongst 4 teams because if we were then a committee wouldnt really be necessary. There will almost always be at least double that many in contention for the 4 spots.

There is much more of a distinction between the top 4 and than the next 6 versus bball. You are talking about people within football itself. Minus Condy and 1 writer. When you have that many former coaches and players I think they can set aside whatever perceived bias you think the may have. They know football. Plain and simple.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is much more of a distinction between the top 4 and than the next 6 versus bball. You are talking about people within football itself. Minus Condy and 1 writer. When you have that many former coaches and players I think they can set aside whatever perceived bias you think the may have. They know football. Plain and simple.

I agree. I think these folks on the committee will make educated decisions, without bias. We should leave them alone until they show that they can't be trusted.