• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should The NFL Mandate COVID Shots

Should the shot be a condition of continued employment

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK - Did you enlist or were you drafted? If you enlisted, was it because you were destined to be drafted?

I ask because you may be a perfect example of my earlier comment.
I was drafted July 5, 1968

I enlisted on July 5, 1968 for four years in the U.S. Navy so I could avoid Vietnam.

Ended up doing four tours in the combat zone.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can draft someone and put their individual life at risk in a war zone?

Why is everyone so obtuse about the "greater good" concept and how the vaccine relates?
Because you are lying. And you're calling it a war zone? So pathetic and ignorant and disrespectful of people in actual war zones. You can't even hear yourself.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was drafted July 5, 1968

I enlisted on July 5, 1968 for four years in the U.S. Navy so I could avoid Vietnam.

Ended up doing four tours in the combat zone.
BK - You win. You were drafted and enlisted and ended up in a war zone without your individual consent. In spite of popular opinions, you served for the greater good and fought a war that we actually did win.

the US involvements in Vietnam and Korea are not understood by too many. The main objective was not to save those countries, but to stop the spread of communism. Without going too deep, it all started with WWI with that war causing Russia to destabilize and enabled marxist groups (yes, there was more than 1) to take over Russia, and eventually the Bolsheviks to take control. The predominant method for taking control was terrorism and murdering the opposition. The US had more a a puppet role supporting British actions and both countries lent support to oppose communism.

After WWII communism swiftly engulfed china with a similar violent force. The US and Britain both regretted not engaging more deeply in Russia. After the swift takeover of China it became a priority to get involved. The UN forces almost saved Korea until China entered the conflict. The end result there held communism in check.

The UN entered Vietnam for a similar reason. While Vietnam was lost and did spread to Laos, it went no further. Arguably only a nuclear war would have entirely stopped the Chinese from providing resources and ultimately requiring a war of attrition. However, an extreme message was sent (quite possibly aided by a nuclear threat).

Bottom line. You were part of a greater good that indeed slowed down communist aggression and at a minimum gave enough time for the communist process to fail in Russia. And though we lost a lot of great serviceman, you actually helped save the world.

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you are lying. And you're calling it a war zone? So pathetic and ignorant and disrespectful of people in actual war zones. You can't even hear yourself.
Um, it called an analogy. The draft forces those who don't want to be in a war zone to do exactly that. It's for a greater good.

The reason for forcing the vaccine is for a greater good. It means individual rights come second, not first.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no right to discriminate against anyone for not injecting something they don't want.
I had to get vaccinations to go to school.
I had to get vaccinations when I joined the Army
I had to get vaccinated to work overseas
I had to get vaccinated to work in the military

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the US involvements in Vietnam and Korea are not understood by too many
As you know, the French actually attempted to colonize Vietnam after WWII. They fought with the North, not for political reasons, but strictly economic. What was France's major manufactured product from 1946 until 1970? That product was why Vietnam was so critical.

RUBBER

Michelin Tire Corporation owned 75% of the Vietnamese rubber plantations and it was without a doubt, the finest raw rubber on earth. When the French bailed, Michelin had to bail and our tire companies were quick to move in. They lost interest when the oil companies figured out a way to make tires out of garbage oil.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Medical malpractice pays out over $3 Billion dollars every year. That number doesn't include class action suits and payments from legal settlements. Get your injections!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The measels vaccine wears off and small pox was already gone. But you might know these facts and are lying anyway. Why you're lying is a bit of a mystery? Maybe for stupid political reasons.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The measels vaccine wears off and small pox was already gone. But you might know these facts and are lying anyway. Why you're lying is a bit of a mystery? Maybe for stupid political reasons.
th

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you know, the French actually attempted to colonize Vietnam after WWII. They fought with the North, not for political reasons, but strictly economic. What was France's major manufactured product from 1946 until 1970? That product was why Vietnam was so critical.

RUBBER

Michelin Tire Corporation owned 75% of the Vietnamese rubber plantations and it was without a doubt, the finest raw rubber on earth. When the French bailed, Michelin had to bail and our tire companies were quick to move in. They lost interest when the oil companies figured out a way to make tires out of garbage oil.
Yup, its always sneaky corporate reasons that the public officials lie about. Hmmmm...

Very similar to trying to vaccinate everyone even though 1) it doesn't work, 2) was barely tested, 3) skipped animal testing, and 4) creates variants that evolve around the vaccines.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I'm lying because you say I am. You are the one that stated the Covid-19 was a sham, so who is stating lies?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I'm lying because you say I am. You are the one that stated the Covid-19 was a sham, so who is stating lies?
The vaccine is a sham. It doesn't work. That's why you are so scared and forcing everyone to get it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RUBBER

I can't disagree with this other than it implies economics was the predominant reason for Vietnam and it wasn't. Poor and unfair economic environments create the vacuum that sucks communist rule in, sure. But what those governments do is far more evil.

Adolph Hitler gets an unfair rap as the most evil man ever. He has plenty of company and was actually following the same playbook used by the Bolsheviks. Stalin, Mao Zedong are all equals at the top of the evil pyramid.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vaccine is a sham. It doesn't work. That's why you are so scared and forcing everyone to get it.
Yet 90% of people dying aren't vaccinated? Hmmm, are we supposed to wait until it's guaranteed to be 100%?