• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should The NFL Mandate COVID Shots

Should the shot be a condition of continued employment

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the FDA has approved the Pfizer shot should the NFL get on board with other major corporations by mandating the COVID Shot.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say let the shit the fan when a game is forfeited andplayers don't get paid!
That will be a lot more fun than watching the Jets game!
So is watching paint dry.... Though I do get your point.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was against the shot and got it for the "greater good". Million dollar athletes can do it too.
Me too. But not because it is required.

I vote no.

I feel this virus has been way too politicized from the get go and has been used as another weapon to divide the country and further somebody's agenda for chaos.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. But not because it is required.

I vote no.

I feel this virus has been way too politicized from the get go and has been used as another weapon to divide the country and further somebody's agenda for chaos.
Sure it's been politicized but the shit is very real, very deadly.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say yes. The league needs to get control of people who refuse to control themselves.

AND not allow people who refuse to get vaccinated, put other people at risk.

Risk of health and risk of losing a paycheck.

You don't want to be vaccinated? Find another job. More than likely, you're probably a millionaire anyway.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it's been politicized but the shit is very real, very deadly.
No But...Very real, very deadly over politicized.
People do not get it or not get it based on party or person they voted for and I am sick of hearing about that end of it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skipped my appointment for tomorrow, stood in line today for an hour.
1 down, 1 to go.

And a life time of boosters awaits.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They are a buisness and it hurts their bottom line if a game gets forfeited. If a player wants to cash that check, they should follow the rules of their employers.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a life time of boosters awaits.
Called the VA and got them all stirred up because the CDC said that the vaccine could become highly weakened in the elderly after 6 months. Someone called the CDC for verification and I got a thank you from them. I also get a first in line for my third shot.

Coming soon to a VAMC near you.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called the VA and got them all stirred up because the CDC said that the vaccine could become highly weakened in the elderly after 6 months. Someone called the CDC for verification and I got a thank you from them. I also get a first in line for my third shot.

Coming soon to a VAMC near you.
FYI:

The Pfizer vaccine was weakened for the first two injections because they fear that it might cause some severe reactions in certain people. Moderna used a full strength vaccine for the start because they did the RNA breakdown.

Hence, only those that got a Pfizer will need a third injection. The Moderna will not require one.

Time for my annual flu and bi-annual pneumonia vaccines.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no right to discriminate against anyone for not injecting something they don't want.
But you can draft someone and put their individual life at risk in a war zone?

Why is everyone so obtuse about the "greater good" concept and how the vaccine relates?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no right to discriminate against anyone for not injecting something they don't want.
You're wrong.

The NFL is not a public entity. IF you choose to be employed by any franchise and the franchise has a rule, the rule must be followed. If you choose not to follow the rules, then you must seek employment elsewhere.

Each team is a separate entity and can create additional rules to the standard franchise rules.

If you are already a member of that team and the rules change, you still must follow the rules. Your employer can make a vaccination rule and if you choose not to follow it, he can request that you vaccinate. He can trade you. He can fire you for endangering health of others. You have zero redress. You can spend money and try to sue, but your defense is so weak that you'd probably be shot down on the first pass.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can draft someone and put their individual life at risk in a war zone?

Why is everyone so obtuse about the "greater good" concept and how the vaccine relates?

You're wrong.

The NFL is not a public entity. IF you choose to be employed by any franchise and the franchise has a rule, the rule must be followed. If you choose not to follow the rules, then you must seek employment elsewhere.

Each team is a separate entity and can create additional rules to the standard franchise rules.

If you are already a member of that team and the rules change, you still must follow the rules. Your employer can make a vaccination rule and if you choose not to follow it, he can request that you vaccinate. He can trade you. He can fire you for endangering health of others. You have zero redress. You can spend money and try to sue, but your defense is so weak that you'd probably be shot down on the first pass.
BK - Did you enlist or were you drafted? If you enlisted, was it because you were destined to be drafted?

I ask because you may be a perfect example of my earlier comment.